Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

So far as I know only about 40 medals have been issued in the UK, I'm one of the next batch next Sunday 1st October in Colchester. I received a phone call from Fred last week and today I have received a letter of confirmation of the parade/presentation.

Just hang in there......................

Post PJM and NMBVA 
I became aware of the PJM before I saw reference to the NMBVA. First question is, how does one find info on this organisation and how to join etc. Second, does belonging to this association help one's application for the PJM in any way? I applied to Mr Burden some 4/5 months ago but have heard nothing to either indicate he got the application or that the application is being progressed. Being a private individual I am not certain of timescales and whether belonging to NMBVA or any other veteran organisation makes any difference to the PJM award. Can anyone help please?

George, thanks for the info and the links to the NMBVA and answering my query so fast. I guess Fred has been very busy and thus not able to verify that he received/processed my application. I will be patient. It would be nice to know, however, that my application has been received. Otherwise I could be waiting and doing nothing not knowing that perhaps it never got through.
If it has been processed, and I hope it has, any idea of how long people are waiting.?

I have received my PJM's today, my own and my fathers, at an NMBVA ceremony at Colchester Castle Park on what can only be described as an excellent parade.

I was informed by telephone some two weeks ago by Fred Burden Sec of The NMBVA, that I would receive mine. There were 40 on parade today, so you can see it is going to be a mammoth task in getting through them all.

Why I was chosen, I do not know, perhaps it was something to do with me living in this region (Anglia). One thing I will tell you is wait for it, it is something to be treasured and to have a salute from a smiling general (Malaysian) was the icing on the cake and he signed a dozen or more programmes each with TO OUR HEROES.

I was just so proud to be part of it.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1