Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Don Touhig PMQs
Post Don Touhig PMQs 
Stop Press!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Touhig has just asked Brown at PMQs when are 35000 Vets going to be allowed to wear the PJM, Brown said he would look into it!!!!!!!!!!!!! He also mentioned THE VETERANS MEDAL

Surely now is the time to mass mail Brown

Post Don Touhig PMQ's 
Twisted Evil Perhaps I am a cynic, but I feel he will ask the Civil Servants for a report/explanation and get the same old 'those who bravely fought/5 year rule - distant past/servants of the crown/they should be grateful we made an exception etc.

I hope Don Touhig is able to brief the Prime Minister re the London Gazette, JSP761, para 21 of DIN 2006 10-002 of Jan 2006 vis a vis all the cobblers Brennan and Co contunuously throw up (which nearly makes me throw up!) and, best of all, the totally outrageous decision to allow Janvrin, to grant himself and other members and their staff to accept without restriction (WEAR) the Independence of Antigua & Barbuda 25th Anniversary Medal , all the rules which, in my view, the now thoroughly discredited H&D Committee have broken - 5 year - distant past - Crown servants nothwithstanding most of the ' do nots'
in the Civil Service Code. We shall be able to judge the strength of his stated intentions as Veterans Champion by the outcome of his actions, both in granting we veterans our right to wear, and an inquiry into the conduct of all those involved in the last two and half years fiasco at great public expense (not including the costs our terrific team have incurred) ; all involved - there is the 'whistle blower's' protection which the juniors could have used at any time, and all, ALL, the senior civil servants involved - the old saying 'the bigger they are the harder they fall'.

Mr Brown; I'm watching and listening!

GLOman wrote: Mr Brown; I'm watching and listening!

....And in that, you are not alone GLOman!!!

Who knows he might be watching and reading (to No 10 Downing Street)

Mr Brown

It is good tho hear that you are a listening Prime Minister, please listen to the words that Don Touhig MP asked of you at PMQs today regarding the PJM, 35000 of us are reliant upon a happy outcome to this debacle of a decision by lying and cheating Civil Servants. Prove you are man enough for the job, thanks for listening

John Cooper

Good for Don Touhig. Like a little welsh terrier he is not going to give up.

Why should he after all these signatures he received from other political colleagues at Westminister

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=31979

John Cooper wrote:
Surely now is the time to mass mail Brown

Excellent advice John....and advice I hope that many will promptly follow.

Just in case anyone was in doubt as to the address.....

The Rt Hon Gordon Brown MP
10 Downing Street
London SW1A 2AA

Post Letters to Mr Brown. 
Jock.

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

MB wrote: "found out that snail-mail is the best way to get to him."

.....absolutely Mike and well done!....let's hope that many will follow this example and put pen to paper on this one....especially those that are resident in the UK...for us 'furriners' mail takes additional time to reach 10 Downing St...in my case it takes between 4 days and a full week, but the 'boys' who live in the UK can have a letter on his desk the next day...two at most.

It would appear that the BBC has curtailed the 30 minute Q&A session of PMQs to less than 21 minutes and that Don Touhigs question does not appear, I hope this clip works if you are interested. The question from don came after D Camerons question and was probably somewhere in the range of 11-14 minutes on the video, but I cannae find it!
Rolling Eyes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news/politics/video/105000/bb/105675_16x9_bb.asx

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post ID cards. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Post A word to the wise... 
A word to the wise.

....Several members of the committee have been receiving questions from concerned members regarding the appropriateness of some articles recently posted....I would point out that (and it should be to absolutely no-ones surprise!) that this site is dedicated to the solitary issue of the fight for the right to wear the PJM...

Some members, having demonstrated in the past that they wished to exchange messages which were of little value to the central thrust of the campaign, were provided with the 'Therapy' thread on the Forum...this was intended to permit them some latitude for their 'off topic' postings.

Of late, unfortunately, topics of absolutely no relevance to the campaign or the Topic thread on which they are posted, and containing information of little interest to any other than the author, have started to 'contaminate' other threads.

I respectfully urge all to respect the facility provided by using the 'Therapy' thread for such postings...should you wish to 'chat' with another member regarding topics of interest to none but the two participants...let me suggest the PM function (or perhaps exchange email addys?).

Thanks....

Post A word to the wise. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next