Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
MoD At it Again?
Post Winds of Change. 
John Cooper wrote:
When Cromwell gets upon his trusty steed watch out, that Cromwell might well be Nigel Farage if everyone wants to put the UK right again. Tory all my life but not for the past 4 years, Cameron is too PC, will the last one of the HD Committee that leaves the room please turn off the 'Kin (Petes favourite Wink ) lights

http://www.ukip.org/ukip_news/gen12.php?t=1&id=2753

Brilliant John and thanks for sharing this with us. The winds of change are certainly blowing through our country now. Brown, Browne and Blair have all been to Scotland recently to tell us all how bad the SNP and Independence will be for Scotland. They still believe themselves??

On 23rd. November, 2006, Margaret Beckett, Minister for the Caravan Club, gave a talk to the FCO and told them all what a wonderful job they were doing. She started off by thanking Chris - could this be the Chris of Edgey fame? - for his kind words, so he must have given a speech also telling everyone how wonderful they all are. This is what we are up against arrogant, self-opinionated people who are in a world of their own making and are expert at giving themselves praise, rises in pay, promotion, big pensions, and peerages. Is it to be Sir Chris soon?

Anyway, in her statement Margaret Beckett, sometimes the Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary who has refused all connection with the just cause for reversing the unlawful decision not to allow the wearing of the PJM said 'THE QUESTION ITSELF IS VALID. IT IS ONE THAT THE BRITISH TAXPAYER HAS THE RIGHT TO ASK OF US.'

Here we have an elected MP saying the British Taxpayer has the right to ask questions yet they refuse to acknowledge or reply to taxpayers queries on the PJM, they operate a system where only Constitutional MP's can obtain answers, which are not answers, from them, and the open and transparent government they all lie about is nowhere to be seen.

I say again, you could not make it up!! Anyway their day of reckoning is looming nearer and I believe they should also take the present heads of the Civil Service with them, on reduced pensions, of course.

Re dodgy ammo: I was in the TA late 70-80s and we had cheap SLR ammo it also was prone to jamming etc.

There, honesty personified Jeffrey Archer take note!!!
John

I see that he has joined all the other convicts here in Australia. He was interviewed on TV at the cricket, on Thursday.

We have enough of criminals in Australia with out importing more.

Post Botany Bay 
If you look at the records of the prisoners that were sent to Botany Bay (Sydney) you will see that in the main they were poor people who stole small items in order to survive or to feed their families.

A loaf of bread or a pheasant or fish. There were very few murderers or serious felons as they were strung up at Tyburn for the entertainment of the hoi poloi. One of my ancesters was sent to Oz for preaching the protestant gospel as a Covenanter and became a martyr! We wonder why Aussies are so good at cricket and rugby, it's to show us just what we betrayed all those years ago, we are betraying our own again now in much the same fashion only internally.

I know who I believe got the best deal!!!

Regards

John

Post A letter from Coney 
Attached is the letter that arrived yesterday from our friend in the MoD. Notice that it responds to an email that I sent on 8th November. This reply is dated 19th January.

...........and on top of George's response Baloney is replying on behalf of Ingram, but he is not, he has passed the buck to The FCO (Again! Evil or Very Mad ) Its the same old horse manure served up by someone different on another day!
Rolling Eyes

Post Re: A letter from Coney 
Attached is the letter that arrived yesterday from our friend in the MoD. Notice that it responds to an email that I sent on 8th November. This reply is dated 19th January.
I THINK G, YOU MUST BE A FAVOURITE OF PHONEYDICK,I MEAN HE WAS IN A REAL HURRY TO REPLY MATE.

And there are none so blind as them that will not see.

Yours Aye

Arthur

I refer to Edward Gibbon, and his famous book, The Decline and Fall Of The Roman Empire.

Just how did such a powerful State and Military machine crumble away to dust?

No need to look very far for the answer. The state, effectively killed itself.

The Civil Service, who maintain that they were an elite, within an elite, deliberately chose to bend the rules to their own whim and fancy, even altering laws, to suit their own purpose, which were handed down by the Senate.

The Statutory Laws, were so weak and not properly enforced, which reduced the militia and the police to ineffective bystanders.

The ruling elite. were so ridden with corruption and dishonesty; they were basically getting more confused and made conflicting laws, which made no sense whatsoever.

That transmitted to a progressively rebellious nation, who basically, openly flouted those laws.

The ruling body, lost the plot with regard to control. Intead of taking back control, they started to clutch at straws in a desperate attempt to govern a nation, who had become ungovernable. The proleteriat had little or no faith in the leadership.

Does that sound familiar to you?

Yours Aye

Arthur

WELL ,THIS COULD MEAN AS HISTORY SEEMS TO BE REPEATING ITSELF,THAT EMPEROR AARTONE,ONLY HAS UNTIL MARCH 15th,THEN BRUTUS THE BROWN,GOE'S FOR THE PURPLE TOGA Exclamation

Your Aye

Arthur

Post Concerning an article on the Veterans Agency web site 
I am posting this particular subject here, because I can't remember where I first saw it mentioned !! Old age you understand.

For those who have not seen the particular article, go to the Veterans Agency web site, select "New Medals for past Services" and be amazed. I was so infuriated by this article that I have written the following letter - please excuse the verbosity.

Capt A J Davies
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
Hants
xxxxxxxx

Tel:

Email

Chief Executive 28th February 2007
Veterans Agency
Thornton – Cleveleys
FY5 3WP

Dear Sir/Madam

Complaint regarding your current Web site article entitled “New medals for past service.

Being a recipient of a War Pension, I frequently visit the Veterans Agency web site in order to keep myself abreast of current issues. Imagine therefore, if you will, my utter astonishment when I read the article referred to above. I hardly think the Veterans web site is a suitable vehicle for such a collection of malevolent statements or inferences.

May I first of all draw your attention to the final two lines of the second paragraph, of the article “……………that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive[sic] a campaign medal offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967.” I should like to point out two errors within that short statement. First the MoD has allowed us to ‘receive’ the medal; they simply will not allow us to wear it. Second the award is for service between 1957 and 31st December 1966 not 1967. I am one of the many proud recipients of the award to which I believe you refer – the Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal.

The article prompts me to call to mind the last time I was addressed or referred to in a veiled manner such as this; it was as a rather errant schoolboy, when my housemaster expressed slight displeasure at my activities during the previous term. I was not prepared to accept his words with total resignation then, and I am most certainly not prepared to accept it quietly now from you. I will not humbly bow my head and shuffle off in shame.

How dare you, or anyone else within the Ministry of Defence imply or otherwise, that we veterans are jealous of the many members of our magnificent service personnel and the campaign medals they now without question deservingly display. How dare you imply that for want of nothing else better to do in our dotage, we have gathered together like a hunting pack, and spend all of our idle moments seeking rather questionable awards. The Pingat Jasa Malaysia was generously offered to us by the King, his Government and grateful people of Malaysia for services we provided. We most definitely did not seek it out.
I refer, of course, to your priceless statement: “Seeing individuals proudly displaying a number of campaign medals has prompted some veterans to ponder about the overseas service they performed during their time in the Armed Forces, both as Regulars and National Servicemen. This has encouraged them to seek new campaign medals for past service.”You then continue in the same vein to say “Most people who feel strongly enough about these matters to write directly to the MOD, or to their constituency MPs, only know about these subjects from Articles that they read in the newspapers, or see mentioned on the television.” You presume too much. Nothing, Sir/Madam, could be more further from the truth. Most of the people to whom you refer will undoubtedly know more about the arcane and archaic medalling system in this country than most civil servants within the department you represent. We have diligently researched this subject before wading in with both feet.
Allow me to quote the Citation accompanying the Pingat Jasa Malaysia:

PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA (PJM)
CITATION

“Malaya’s Independence, on 31 August 1957 came amidst a formidable threat to its sovereignty mounted by the Malayan Communist Party (MCP). MCP’s ferocious and extensive guerrilla campaign required assistance which was provided by Britain under the auspices of the Anglo Malayan Defence Agreement (AMDA). British troops and soldiers from Commonwealth countries of Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Nepal maintained bases, security personnel, civilian staff as well as other facilities in Malaya to safeguard sovereignty. These troops further assisted Malaysia during the armed confrontation with Indonesia that ended on 12 August 1966.
In appreciation of the meritorious acts and supreme sacrifices made by the security forces and civilian staff from Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Nepal to Malaysia for one decade. The Supreme Head of The Federation of Malaysia wishes to award medals to all those who distinguished themselves in chivalry, gallantry and loyalty while performing their services. The Medal takes the form of an award titled “Pingat Jasa Malaysia” (Service to Malaysia Award)”

I feel quite sure that an award with a citation such as this hardly falls into the category of something we have had to “seek” out.
You might care to know that we went out there to represent Britain and to achieve what it required of us. When it was all over, many of our colleagues did not return.
I have published this letter on our web site, www.fight4thepjm.org. You might like to read it and the subsequent comments from fellow veterans.
I look forward to your reply. I believe you …..”aim to issue a full response within 10 working days."
Yours sincerely
AJDavies
Captain AAC (Ret’d)

Post Re: Concerning an article on the Veterans Agency web site 
[quote="Kentsboro"]I am posting this particular subject here, because I can't remember where I first saw it mentioned !! Old age you understand.

For those who have not seen the particular article, go to the Veterans Agency web site, select "New Medals for past Services" and be amazed. I was so infuriated by this article that I have written the following letter - please excuse the verbosity".

A stormer of a letter Tony. They should consider themselves well and truly "roasted". Being Civil Serpents however, it may be too subtle for them !!!

Shocked Shocked

regards,

John

Last edited by Semengo13 on Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.
Well said Tony, I think that there will be a lot of similar comments flying around cyberspace when some of the guys get to read this. I always felt we were kicked in the bolleaux the first time round but not for a second time, they definitely do not play under The Marquis of Queensberry Rules do they but just abide by their own rules that they themselves consider to be relevant and then change them at will Evil or Very Mad

I cant see many people wanting to attent Veterans Day if they make comments like that.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next