Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
They are destroying our Armed Forces
Post Re: General Jackson. 
mcdangle wrote:
Barry, I may be wrong but I think General Jackson is ex-SAS and he wears sabre parachute wings applicable only to the SAS. He is the one who disbanded the KOSB and was going to get a real roasting when taking the salute at the Edinburgh Tattoo but decided not to come and someone else took the salute.

I could have sworn I knew him as ex-Int Corps and then ex-1 Para (I ashamed to say as I served in both units ***). Does he just wear fancy wings? But I agree with everything you say, Andy. One of the suits took great satisfaction when telling me that we did not have the backing of the CoGS. I said that if that's their only claim to support they should watch their back ... I was always trained "to watch my front"!

mcdangle wrote:
The Queen has a duty, her words not mine, to look after and protect her subjects, or citizens, and took an oath at her coronation and it is about time someone up there at Buck House stepped in to heal this divided nation of ours.

Again, somewhat sycophantically, I have to agree. Given an even-handed brief, I do not believe She would have told Brits to keep their PJMs away from Her medal bar. But I believe she did not know that She had a very dodgy brief stuck in front of Her when She was asked to approve that recommendation.

Having said that, she knows now. We told her.

So … do we have a fully functioning democratic Monarchy or not?

We shall soon know.

Barry

*** Ashamed not of my service in them (I was a proud to serve in both) but ashamed that he could have served there too and still acted as he did when CoGS with the power to influence things. I am told, by people whose opinions I respect, that he is a fighter and never suited to sharing corridors with, errr, suits ... we shall see.

Post Kentsboro 
If it's any help, they are not being issued in surname order. I'm a W and recieved mine on 11th of 11th by post. I to will be wearing mine soon, in February in Cologne. Dave

Post The role of Civil Servants 
Firstly gentlemen, let's put things into perspective. This is not a reprimand, so don't take it as such.

Am I the only ex officer to take a stand against the Govenment and the Civil servants, regading the PJM? Probably. There are other officers out there, who are qualified to receive the jolly old gong, but where are they?

I remember that most of the officers, on the Manxman, were no spring chickens, and may well be, no longer with us, or of such age that they can no longer be bothered.
Either in retirement homes and not able to get about, and above all, no access to a computer for the internet. So they are completely unaware of the PJM and their entitlement.

I am not trying to defend my corner as a former officer, but attempting to show the reality of the situation

There is a general dictum that officers and other ranks, while serving, are not allowed to talk to the media, regarding operational matters, official secrets act and all that.
Furthermore, they are not allowed to dictate to their Lords and Masters, lest they be put on the infernal rack. When they retire of course, then it is a different matter.

It is not their pensions that they are are thinking of, but being formally charged under the previously mentioned act. I guess they are little more cautious...me, I have always been reckless and never gave a xxxx anyway.

But I will stand up for the rights of any former serviceman or woman, irrespective of rank, especially when a dubious bunch of hypocrites are trying to stick it to us.

Now I do not actually know any of you, except through the forum, but I respect your right to your own opinion, provided it is carefully edited. We have to present an image to the 'suits' as intelligent and responsible people, which I am sure you all are.

I have been in touch with Richard Spring MP, the Deputy Leader of the Conservative Party, who as luck would have it, is my MP. He wants full details of the PJM issue. I have referred him to our website. He will be signing EDM 356, along with David Ruffley MP., another friend of mine.

On a sour note, my wife has made me go on a diet. She thinks I am fat. The cheek of some people.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Good news Arthur.....about your MP that is....not about the diet!

Arthur, your surely not fat, I thought of you as a sprightly young thing with a wicked sense of humour and obviously a ladies man! I am fat.

You are right about Mike Jackson, of course you are, but he has caused considerable angst in the Army by not sticking up for the County Regiments indeed, almost being seen as the architect of their demise whilst saving his own Parachute Regiment. He even tried to amalgamate the Guards Regiments and that is where he came undone as it were. He has been a jolly old civvy for 4 months now before speaking out whilst Dannatt did it 'in service' and got away with it.

I fear that this is where a lot of the resentment towards Mike stems from.

Regards

John

Post Re: The role of Civil Servants 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Firstly gentlemen, let's put things into perspective. This is not a reprimand, so don't take it as such.

Geeeeeez. That's a relief! Had me worried there!

Arthur R-S wrote:
Am I the only ex officer to take a stand against the Govenment and the Civil servants, regading the PJM? Probably. There are other officers out there, who are qualified to receive the jolly old gong, but where are they?

No you're not, actually. Three of our staunchest supporters, all having spoken in public, are a Field Marshal, a Major General and a Brigadier. All three have decorations for valour or distinguished service. We have other supporters of similar rank but, when this fight is over, they are the three I shall remember. I shall not name names.

Our support comes from areas that would make the suits sweat! Mostly that support is from people like you and me. Rankless. Unlike the suits who are something similar sounding!

We are very privileged to have support the support we do.

Including from your good self.

Arthur R-S wrote:
Now I do not actually know any of you, except through the forum, but I respect your right to your own opinion, provided it is carefully edited. We have to present an image to the 'suits' as intelligent and responsible people, which I am sure you all are.

Are you taking the p*ss, Arthur? My opinion is never edited. It is given to me daily.

And, as for being "intelligent" ... no frigging chance. I was in Military Intelligence - and that's a contradiction in terms.

Arthur R-S wrote:
I have been in touch with Richard Spring MP, the Deputy Leader of the Conservative Party, who as luck would have it, is my MP. He wants full details of the PJM issue. I have referred him to our website. He will be signing EDM 356, along with David Ruffley MP., another friend of mine.

Great lobbying, Arthur.

Arthur R-S wrote:
On a sour note, my wife has made me go on a diet. She thinks I am fat. The cheek of some people.

Lose some excess and that 'cheek' might just reduce!

All the best,

Barry

Gen. Jackson served in the Parachute Regiment all his service and rose from the field officer status in 1 Para to staff rank.

John

Post Re: PJM Awards 
Kentsboro wrote:
Slightly out of kilter with the subject in hand gents. Knowing too well how long our campaign has been going, has anyone out there any idea how long it is taking for one's medal to arrive after the application ? I may have need to wear it soon, and for personal reasons, I will not buy a replica. Tony.

Received email today from ex digger in Victoria. He just received his PJM in the mail today, along with a few other ex-Diggers.

This is the first word on the PJM that I have heard of in the past few months. The medal distribution appear to be flowing again.

Keep the faith.

pakbill wrote:
Received email today from ex digger in Victoria. He just received his PJM in the mail today, along with a few other ex-Diggers.

This is the first word on the PJM that I have heard of in the past few months. The medal distribution appear to be flowing again.

Keep the faith.

Interesting news, pakbill. I had heard that they had run out of supplies in Oz. Great to hear that PJMs are now being distributed again.

Here in the UK the Malaysian High Commission is intent on distributing PJMs to British veterans asap.

Gen. Jackson served in the Parachute Regiment all his service and rose from the field officer status in 1 Para to staff rank.

John

Sorry Barry, I think I got mixed up with that other General Mike, Mike Rose. Another senior moment. Andy.

BarryF wrote:
pakbill wrote:

Keep the faith.

Interesting news, pakbill. I had heard that they had run out of supplies in Oz. Great to hear that PJMs are now being distributed again.

Here in the UK the Malaysian High Commission is intent on distributing PJMs to British veterans asap.

Just found on the Australian Honours and Awards website a copy of their newly established newsletter.

It informs that "approx. 33% of eligible Aussies have now been issued with their PJMs and that distribution will recommence when a further shipment is received."

Obviously that shipment has now arrived.

This is an extract from The Sun newspaper.
British soldier Sgt Steve Roberts died in Iraq due to "unforgivable" delays in providing body armour. Two thousand troops were sent without the £167 kit as civil servants delayed ordering it in case enemies thought we were going to war. Readers are disgusted.
We are lucky all we are losing is the right to wear the PJM.

This is an extract from The Sun newspaper.
British soldier Sgt Steve Roberts died in Iraq due to "unforgivable" delays in providing body armour. Two thousand troops were sent without the £167 kit as civil servants delayed ordering it in case enemies thought we were going to war. Readers are disgusted.
We are lucky all we are losing is the right to wear the PJM.

Barstools! Every day more grim news about British civil servants. It's time they were made accountable - because 'accounting' is not yet their strongest 'suit'.

Thanks for pointing this one out Bill.

Post "jealous civil servants " 
Hamish pointed us at a Daily Telegraph article, an excerpt from which states:

Col Collins (a former commanding officer of the Royal Irish Regiment who fought in the 2003 Iraq war) added: "In the British Army, the leadership is poor and continues to be poor. There has been a selfishness at the top, while jealous civil servants have eroded the conditions of troops serving in the Army.

"Payment for being away from home for long periods has become intolerable. The Ministry of Defence, famously, could not give a toss about servicemen."

He added that the contempt British servicemen reserved for their political masters was illustrated by their reaction to a Christmas message from Des Browne, the Defence Secretary, who thanked servicemen and women for their hard work and support in what had been a "busy and challenging year".

Now read the article at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/28/nozarmy28.xml

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2