Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
They are destroying our Armed Forces
Post They are destroying our Armed Forces 
We have been saying all along that the Civil Servants rule the roost.

And the toady Defence Minister Des Browne (who blindly toes the suits' party line on the PJM and tells us we can't wear it) is a classic examples of the pathetic state of our Government and the lack of integrity and backbone amongst Ministers.

We know that British veterans are held in contempt by this Government and the civil servants who run it.

Now we have another example of those same Civil servants, aided and abetted by powerless Ministers, destroying our Armed Forces.

My thanks to Hamish for sending this link. Read this and get very, very mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=411861&in_page_id=1770

PLEASE leave a comment on the Mail's article ... go to the end of the article.

I have left my comments and I expect the anti free speech police to come and take me to the Tower at any moment, but hey, who gives a s***!!!

John

I too left my comments and maybe just maybe we might get to share the same cell together?

John

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
jireland wrote:
Smudger, I would be honoured
John

I KNOW A GOOD ******* LAWYER WHO WOULD LOVE TO DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS, ONLY TROUBLE IS HE'S ON BENEFITS, RIGHT NOW.

Sorry, Pete. Good try but one word had to be zapped. A brief's a brief, after all. And what would stop one on benefits adding to his 'goodwill'?

Isn't it a tad odd that the General did not make those comments whilst still serving and when on his visits to Bagram or Shaibah in FRONT of the troops, yes I thank him for making his statement but all the time these people protect their own ar$e$ first

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6215296.stm

At least the General has come out with all guns blazing four months after retiring and boy o boy can he roar.

General Jackson is a fighter (ex-Para, I think) not a politician. He should have said more at the time. But he has come round now. Whatever his motives he, like so amny others, are now seeing the light and attacking the repugant mess amongst civil servants that is putting our armed forces at risk and which also deniogrates our veterans.

Our most effective allies in Malaya-Borneo were the enemy that we 'turned'.

Couldn't agree more John. But the MOD was General's employer at the time. All Military officers have to toe the line when it comes to voicing opinions to the media whilst serving. I knew of a Rear Admiral who once missed final promotion, and loss of a Vice Admiral's pension rights for speaking to the media and voicing his opinion against the MOD & HMG over cutbacks & wrongdoings to the Survey Branch of the RN.

At least the General has come out with all guns blazing four months after retiring and boy o boy can he roar.

George F

That might be so George but I still find this hypocritical, this shows insincerity as too does the attitude of some Civil Servants over The Right to Wear The PJM. How many of them I wonder REALLY support our cause but cannot because it is not the status quo according to HMG.

I was never a supporter of Claire Short or Robin Cook but I truly admired their stand and resignation as Cabinet Ministers on their beliefs re GWII and the reasons for 'going in' and although I had my doubts regarding two former Veterans Ministers (at the time) I now eat humble pie and thank both of them for supporting our cause.

I was brought up to be honest and to play a straight bat, I always speak my mind and would never have made a diplomat or an MP Rolling Eyes but I just cannot stand hypocrisy from whatever quarter

" WONDERFUL JOB CHAPS I WAS BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY

George F[/quote]

I guess you might be right there George and of course there will be those that will take all the credit for being at the 'forefront' when in fact they were still cowering in the trenches. As for me I shall quietly slip back into retirement when this is all over.

John Cooper wrote:
. But if you are like me you will have a great satifaction knowing that a small group of dedicated veterans took on the estasblishment (TRUTH AGAINST DECEPTION) and won.

George F

I would go as far as saying

A Victory for Commonsense

Post PJM Awards 
Slightly out of kilter with the subject in hand gents. Knowing too well how long our campaign has been going, has anyone out there any idea how long it is taking for one's medal to arrive after the application ? I may have need to wear it soon, and for personal reasons, I will not buy a replica. Tony.

Post PJM Distribution 
Many thanks for the information Barry - I contacted the Malaysian High Commission, they have my name on their list and I should receive my medal sometime next week. If anyone else has any problems or doubts on this subject, it would be worth while following Barry's advice. Thank you again. Tony

Post General Jackson. 
Barry, I may be wrong but I think General Jackson is ex-SAS and he wears sabre parachute wings applicable only to the SAS. He is the one who disbanded the KOSB and was going to get a real roasting when taking the salute at the Edinburgh Tattoo but decided not to come and someone else took the salute.
He has made a speech which was needing made for some time. The Civil Service have too much power in our country now and someone must stand up against them - like wese yins huv din!!
I always keep asking myself why does our Queen and her family stand by and allow this to happen. Prince Charles can go to Pakistan and plead for the life a British man on death row for murder who was then released and lo and behold back he came here to all the nice benefits and counselling etc. Surely if he can do this he can stand up for our forces against these unelected Civil Servants, after all most of the royal family are connected to our forces in some way, even Prince Edward who has a rank in some TA unit.
The Queen has a duty, her words not mine, to look after and protect her subjects, or citizens, and took an oath at her coronation and it is about time someone up there at Buck House stepped in to heal this divided nation of ours.

Post Re: PJM Distribution 
Kentsboro wrote:
If anyone else has any problems or doubts on this subject, it would be worth while following Barry's advice. Thank you again. Tony

To clarify:

Our (Fight4thePJM Team) advice is to contact your Regimental Association or Ex-Armed Forces Association in the first instance and follow their advice.

The Malaysian High Commission has a small staff and resources to match but they are working on that. We understand that they are making considerable progress regarding plans for the structured distribution of PJMs to British veterans and, with more resources in their 2007 budget, they will be able to speed up the process next year.

Having discussed this matter with them in London, we came away with a very clear picture of their determination to ensure British veterans receive their PJMs as soon as possible. We can assure you it is a top priority for them.

Check in again soon - in the next few days we shall publish more detailed information on this web site.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next