Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Veteran will defy Foreign Office ban
It is good to see all the press coverage that the KOSB's visit is generating.

Does anyone know what sort of coverage the Panorama team are planning?

Laurie,

The exact answer is no but we are told that they are doing a programme about the whole Emergency and when in KL they interviewed Cliff Standley, a rubber planter/reserve policeman, who was ambushed and shot three times by CT's. They are following the KOSB's around who are visiting areas of former camps.

Laurie,

The exact answer is no but we are told that they are doing a programme about the whole Emergency and when in KL they interviewed Cliff Standley, a rubber planter/reserve policeman, who was ambushed and shot three times by CT's. They are following the KOSB's around who are visiting areas of former camps.

Thanks, Andy.

I hope that they manage to incorporate the PJM fiasco into that programme in some way.

mcdangle wrote:

Laurie,

Thanks, Andy.

I hope that they manage to incorporate the PJM fiasco into that programme in some way.

I would think so, Laurie. They have been well rehearsed and the Brigadier in charge is one of us. Andy.

Reference the Malay article above in Bernama, help is at hand.
Select ENGLISH VERSION (Top Left) and search for PJM (Top Right). No pictures come up but the english version sure helps those of us with rusty Malay.

A little more publicity this time from my ex Employee, The Port of Felixstowe courtesy of the Waterfront magazine, there are some 3000 of these glossy magazines produced and they go around the world to just about every shipping company that exists.

So my thanks to The PoF for doing this on our behalf, I am also informed (separately) today that the NMBVA have a DVD out on sale for £5 of the event in Colchester, so if anyone wants a copy contact your NMBVA Secretary

The ceremony last night for those Veterans from Suffolk received their PJMs with pride, the same newspaper as previously have again done us proud, anyone feel like dropping the letters editor a little missive:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?

and more from our old friends at The East Anglian Daily Times

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?

Congratulations to all who went to collect their medals including our own member Arthur Rampart-Spicer

Cheers for the congrats John. I'm having the citation framed this morning. It will be hung on the wall in the living room by this afternoon.

This is no cheap trinket or keepsake. It is an honourable medal and I shall wear it on the appropriate occasions, and God help anyone who tells me to remove it.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Can you give us a few details on the ceremony please' eg was it held over three sessions or all in one big effort. Were there any dignitaries there, was Radio Suffolk, BBC/ITV there (I did notify them all)

I shan't know some of these details until tonight as my friend from 49 years ago was also a recipient along with his Sultan of Johores Coronation Medal from 1959 with full permission to wear from HMQ given

A final point, were there many sporting their new honour?

Post Newspaper articles 
John, when I open your Newspaper articles, for some strange reason the page is OK, but the article text is missing - any ideas ? Tony

Post Re: Newspaper articles 
Kentsboro wrote:
John, when I open your Newspaper articles, for some strange reason the page is OK, but the article text is missing - any ideas ? Tony

Tony

Leave it for 30 seconds, the page headlines change and the link has to follow the original headline, I'm off to get an EADT shortly and will scan the article in giving The EADT the credit of course. These people are very supportive like our friends down your way, nice to be on the side of The Righteous! Wink

Kentsboro wrote:

It refused to open DownUnder as well.

This one did work though.

http://tinyurl.com/38ze8t

The ceremony last night for those Veterans from Suffolk received their PJMs with pride, the same newspaper as previously have again done us proud, anyone feel like dropping the letters editor a little missive:

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/story.aspx?

and more from our old friends at The East Anglian Daily Times

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?

Congratulations to all who went to collect their medals including our own member Arthur Rampart-Spicer

Have just sent the following email to the good Editor:

Sir,

Via the Internet, I read the article on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia presentation ceremony held last night at Endeavour House in Ipswich and am writing to thank you for your paper's continued support for those of us who are involved with the campaign to have the completely unjust decision regarding this medal reversed.

I served with the RAF at Bawdsey from October 1964 to May 1966 when I was posted to RAF Western Hill on Penang Island in Malaysia. Hence my interest as I am affected by this ludicrous decision. I have fond memories of my time at Bawdsey and the Suffolk folk that I met.

I am now retired and living in Malaysia. I feel that the decision, announced exactly one year ago today, is a slight to the very generous people of this country. Support for our campaign from people such as yourself is very welcome indeed. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Laurence M Bean
Address details provided.

Last edited by LaurieB on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Kentsboro wrote:

Tony,

I had the same problem but then clicked on the 'News' link on the left of the page and then scrolled to the story in that section. Try that if you haven't been able to open it yet.

Laurie.

Kentsboro wrote:

Tony,

Try:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news (click on "Medals for veterans, 40 years on").

and

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/content/eveningstar/news/ (click on "Veterans wear medals with pride").

Have just sent the following email to the good Editor:

Sir,

Via the Internet, I read the article on the Pingat Jasa Malaysia presentation ceremony held last night at Endeavour House in Ipswich and am writing to thank you for your paper's continued support for those of us who are involved with the campaign to have the completely unjust decision regarding this medal reversed.

I served with the RAF at Bawdsey from October 1964 to May 1966 when I was posted to RAF Western Hill on Penang Island in Malaysia. Hence my interest as I am affected by this ludicrous decision. I have fond memories of my time at Bawdsey and the Suffolk folk that I met.

I am now retired and living in Malaysia. I feel that the decision, announced exactly one year ago today, is a slight to the very generous people of this country. Support for our campaign from people such as yourself is very welcome indeed. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Laurence M Bean
Address details provided.[/quote]

Well done Laurie! There also lies a local connection, I know that The sister papers EADT/Ipswich Evening Star are very supportive of our case and I continue to feed 'our adopted' reporters with relevant updated information especially where the subject matters involve the local MPs who are also very supportive.

Reply to topic Page 6 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next