Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
FCO Double Standards
16 - right up their bloody noses and they don't like it one bit.

16 - right up their bloody noses and they don't like it one bit.

I just can't wait to get our show on the road!
Wink

Post The Uncivil Service 
I am led to believe that this web site has become cult reading for certain members of the civil service in Whitehall, if that is so then I would like them to know that after serving in the Army for 27 years man and boy then 10 years in the civil police followed by election to public office, I have never felt so disgusted with this country as I do now!

It is my opinion that the likes of Richard Coney have no place in the public service of this country and are a disgrace to the civil service in which they so laughingly serve. The saga of this medal has lowered my opinion of all civil servants and has led me to believe that they are dishonest to the very core in their dealings with the public and it is they, as Coney has said, who run this country , badly I might add.

I would like to meet you Mr. Coney just to tell you what a despicable little man you really are!!!

John Ireland

Like you I am disgusted with the way this country is going. However, if you cast your mind back to your police days, I think you will agree that most "operational" officers are decent people just trying to do a difficult job the best way they can.
The same I believe as with the civil service. The real problem is the self seeking individual who will tread on anybody, stab people in the back, lie and blame others....just for promotion, regardless of their abilities. These are the dangerous individuals and unfortunately they do rise to the top, hense we have a country run by unscrupulous individuals.

For the civil servants reading this.......sounds familiar!!!

Bob

Post Re: The Uncivil Service 
jireland wrote:
I am led to believe that this web site has become cult reading for certain members of the civil service in Whitehall, if that is so then I would like them to know that after serving in the Army for 27 years man and boy then 10 years in the civil police followed by election to public office, I have never felt so disgusted with this country as I do now!

It is my opinion that the likes of Richard Coney have no place in the public service of this country and are a disgrace to the civil service in which they so laughingly serve. The saga of this medal has lowered my opinion of all civil servants and has led me to believe that they are dishonest to the very core in their dealings with the public and it is they, as Coney has said, who run this country , badly I might add.

I would like to meet you Mr. Coney just to tell you what a despicable little man you really are!!!

John Ireland

John

WOW! I'm glad you were pulling your horns in when writing that! Shocked

You are right it is the truth, I have to bite my bottom lip in writing to these people to keep cool, but I find that extremely hard to do. What gets me is that the CS reckon they are snowed under with correspondence from us all, EXCUSA me you suits, you made the decision, not us, blame yourselves and your bosses not us.

Do the honourable thing speak your minds, you know you want to but dare not! That is what is called democracy I guess............aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh.............

Thank you Bob, yes I understand exactly where you are coming from and I dare say that there are many who are upright and decent individuals but, and this is the rub, just like the police there is a corporate cowardice which kicks in when pensions etc are under threat . I have seen many who will happily say to you 'I agree with you' but when asked to make that support publicly known are strangely silent saying only 'I don't want to (or can't) get involved'. This is how poor decision making descends into farce which is exactly what we have here.

Best wishes

John

I heard Richard Madeley say a few weeks ago on his teatime programme 'What is said on camera and off camera is two different stories'

I guess the old saying....."All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing" must have found it's roots in the C.S.

You are right.

Take care,
Bob

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
I am reminded of that well known saying, I wouldn't cross the road to urinate upon him if he was on fire, but if I said that then that would be rude, wouldn't it?

John

Post Coney. 
John, I think there is a very long queue forming to face up to that twisted, untruthful and insolent member of the MOD, Mr. Richard Coney whose life ambition seems to have been to deny British Citizens who fought for Queen and Country the right to wear with pride a medal so honourably earned and awarded. He can issue emails insulting the PJM by referring to it as a 'souvenir or keepsake' but when challenged he hides away and refuses to answer reasonable question. He can lock himself in his office and hide behind his desk but he will have to face the truth some day and I really hope that he never ever catches fire. I also hope that I am not being too rude.

Post Re: Coney. 
mcdangle wrote:
John, I think there is a very long queue forming to face up to that twisted, untruthful and insolent member of the MOD, Mr. Richard Coney whose life ambition seems to have been to deny British Citizens who fought for Queen and Country the right to wear with pride a medal so honourably earned and awarded. He can issue emails insulting the PJM by referring to it as a 'souvenir or keepsake' but when challenged he hides away and refuses to answer reasonable question. He can lock himself in his office and hide behind his desk but he will have to face the truth some day and I really hope that he never ever catches fire. I also hope that I am not being too rude.

First things first, I am out to get the PJM Non Wearing rule overturned, then watch it hit the fan, you are all behind me in the queue, 'twas me he sent that letter to in the first place, bags first go!

Post That OBE 
Attached is a copy of my latest missive to Don Touhig.
Dear Mr Touhig

I hope that you enjoyed a Happy Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2007. Hope-fully the Campaign, which you have so honourably supported, will achieve a logical con-clusion in the not too distant future.

But those loyal Veterans have been dealt yet another kick in the proverbials by those Civil Servants who are responsible for creating the debacle in the first place. The Civil Servant who we believe was the most instrumental in drafting the farcical Ministe-rial Statement at the beginning of 2006 and who we suspect is the most likely source of the prevarication and obfuscation that we have been subjected to, suddenly left his post as First Secretary at the FCO last November. This was just about the time that we were told by his department that an announcement regarding our cause was “hoped” for the end of November. This did not happen.

However, what did happen last weekend was that this very same Civil Servant was awarded an OBE in the New Year Honours List. Of course, unlike the PJM awarded to loyal subjects of Her Majesty for active service in a combat zone, his OBE will not be subject to any caveat concerning its wearing. This is a crass and cynical snub to those who gave much over 40 years ago.

Yet another example of how the devotees of an outdated “Empire” concept ride roughshod over the feelings and rights of the population at large. I have enclosed a copy of some letters that have been published in the Times and which reflect a typical attitude amongst the general public towards the awarding of Honours to Civil Servants. The “cash for honours” revelation has done nothing to enhance the integrity of the Honours system. This latest travesty has hammered another nail into its coffin.

GerryL

Post That OBE 
My latest missive to David Blunkett.
Dear Mr Blunkett

Thank you for your recent letter. I hope that you enjoyed your Christmas break and that 2007 will be all that you want it to be. I was encouraged by your intention to seek ways in which to support our Campaign other than by signing the EDMs that are currently on the table. In that respect I must obviously bow to your superior knowledge in the effectiveness of the EDM to achieve results. Not being well versed in the ways of the parliamentary process, I had assumed that they served to highlight a cross party will to debate a subject that would otherwise not get an airing. Any support that you can give, in whatever format, will be most welcome.

In the meantime, we have been dealt another kick to our tender regions. The Civil Servant who we believe to have been largely instrumental in drafting the original Ministerial Statement and who has been at the forefront of the campaign of misinformation during the past year left his post as First Secretary at the FCO in November of last year. We had been advised that his department “hoped” to make an announcement by the end of November. No announcement was forthcoming, and we still await its arrival.

However, this same Civil Servant appeared in last weekend’s New Year Honours List having been awarded an OBE. Obviously he will wear the medal with pride – exactly as we wish to do with our PJM. This is yet another example of an outmoded and outdated concept of Empire showing its preference for privilege whilst at the same time showing contempt for the general population.

The integrity of the Honours system is already under severe pressure with the current “cash for honours” investigation. This latest cynical action will not help to slow its demise. I enclose some letters that have appeared in the Times, which show some typical reaction to the whole sorry mess.
GerryL

Post Re: That OBE 
GerryL wrote:
Yet another example of how the devotees of an outdated “Empire” concept ride roughshod over the feelings and rights of the population at large. I have enclosed a copy of some letters that have been published in the Times and which reflect a typical attitude amongst the general public towards the awarding of Honours to Civil Servants. The “cash for honours” revelation has done nothing to enhance the integrity of the Honours system. This latest travesty has hammered another nail into its coffin.

Well said, Gerry. The only consolation is that maybe ... just maybe ... this was his consolation prize for losing his job as Honours Secretary.

It is ludicrous that anyone should get a gong for doing the job for which he was (too?) well paid - with an indexed linked pension to look forward to. And to get one as Honours Secretary smacks a tad incestuous to me.

I do not mourn Edge's passing (I note you cannot even bring yourself to mention his name!).

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next