Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
WE NEED YOU TO CONTACT YOUR MP - HOW? READ THIS . . .
Post Re: Reply from the DTI via MP 
Jon Windust wrote:
Herewith letter I received today from the DTI via my MP.Draw your own conclusions!

I conclude that the Foreign Office, for whom McCartney works, is not for turning despite having concocted and applied 'rules' to justify their position.

They are unwilling to listen to what we say.

They are unwilling to listen to what their own Minsiters say.

I am disgusted and no longer wish to be part of this country which has turned its back on those who have served it, British veterans.

And they have turned their back on those who still serve.

This Government continues to destroy this country - willingly led by the nose by civil servants bereft of integrity. And nothing from the Conservative opposition hints at any hope for the future.

But we shall not give up with our fight for the PJM.

We can, and shall, make a difference.

And your stalwart support, Jon, helps us to do that.;

Barry

George F wrote:
Do these veterans have golden b@llocks or is the FCO a bunch of double standard duplicitous dopeheads who dont know their own military medal history?

Come on, George. Stop bearting about the bush!! Smile

Received this answer from my MP to my letters of the 14 and 23 September( both are posted on the forum)

Thank you Sandy....and well done....we need many more to follow your example.... and to do it NOW!

Well, I finally got myself into the forum and able to post & reply. I would like to say how bloody impressed I am with the sheer hard work and total dedication you guys have shown. Mind you, only to be expected from our generation I suppose... My main reason for writing? I am about to compose a e-mail to my MP, the very eloquent, forceful and get's listened to: Mr Norman Baker MP. I am also going to try and get to see him very soon. This man believe me gets things done. Watch him in action in the House. I will keep you posted on progress etc. Just an aside but I bet these GOONS never in their wildest nightmares even thought they'd have a reaction like they ended up with. Brilliant campaigning and tactics. HOW DARE THEY, HOW BLOODY DARE THEY INSULT OUR COMRADE'S WHO PAYED THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE. That to me is the worst part of this whole sorry saga. My two son's are 18 and 24 and they are both absolutely disgusted with the situation. Over and Out

Received this answer from my MP to my letters of the 14 and 23 September( both are posted on the forum)

Great stuff, Sandy.

Thanks for your support. This is exactly what we need.

Barry

Well, I finally got myself into the forum and able to post & reply. ...My two son's are 18 and 24 and they are both absolutely disgusted with the situation. Over and Out

Dave,

My children feel the same. The support and encouragement of the younger generation has been fundamental. These are the men and women who could be joining the Armed Forces but are not. Why? Because serving men and women, and retired veterans like us, are treated so despicably. The PJM may seem a trivial issue but it is actually symptomatic of a much more deep-rooted problem.

Those serving, and the veterans, should not be treated like second class citizens.

And those we and others left behind should not be forgotten just because they made the ultimate sacrifice more than five years ago!

Actually, even as I typed that last sentence (prompted by your post), I felt the anger increasing.

I will not give up.

I am about to compose a e-mail to my MP, the very eloquent, forceful and get's listened to: Mr Norman Baker MP. I am also going to try and get to see him very soon. This man believe me gets things done.

Great to have you with us Dave....welcome to the Forum and to the Fight.....We'll all be delighted to witness your MP Mr Baker in action.....Wind him up and let him go!

[quote="George F"]Exellent Jon,

They walk right into it every time they open their mouths. Regards MR McCartney's statement:

"a key point of which is that only one medal may be worn in recogination of a paticular event or action"

send him a copy of the documented evidence enclosed kindly supplied by Mr Coney of the MOD.

Award of the PKB (Malaysian Active Service Medal)
http://upload4.postimage.org/1412709/photo_hosting.html

Ask him how is it that The Queen has given permission for these veterans to wear TWO MEDALS the PKB (another Malaysian Medal) alongside their GSM?

George F -

I am a bit slow off at the start but I get there eventually. I would like to use this MASM situation for the Scottish Petitions Committee hearing soon. Can you, or anyone else post it so I can download. It is too large at the moment. Many thanks.

Received a letter from my MP, Andrew George MP (Lib), today 26th Oct which is just a covering letter for a letter he received from The Rt Hon Ian McCartney Minister for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs (Minister responsible for our relations with Malaysia). This letter is an exact copy that Sandy428 received from his MP!

Received a letter from my MP, Andrew George MP (Lib), today 26th Oct which is just a covering letter for a letter he received from The Rt Hon Ian McCartney Minister for Trade, Investment and Foreign Affairs (Minister responsible for our relations with Malaysia). This letter is an exact copy that Sandy428 received from his MP!

Thanks very much for this, Terry.

The critical issue is that you have taken the time and trouble to write and yet another MP has written to Maggie's FCO Department.

This is precisely the lobbying we need.

I hope others wil follow suit (poor pun).

Barry

Reply to topic Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6