Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
WE NEED YOU TO CONTACT YOUR MP - HOW? READ THIS . . .
I have a reply from my MP David George (Lib), dated 3rd Oct 2006.

Dear Mr Winsor,

RE:PINGAT JASA MALAYSIA (MALAYSIAN SERVICE MEDAL)
Thank you for your email dated 12th September 2006 and I apologise for my delay in responding. I appreciate you taking the time to draw this matter to my attention.

I have now conveyed your request to Rt Hon Margaret Beckett MP, Secretary of State, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, and as soon as I receive further information I will contact you again.

I hope this is helpful.
With every good wish.
Yours sincerely

[Comment: I think this is what is called sitting on the fence!]

Well done Terence...you got your message through!

...at least we all know full well that you are not 'sitting on the fence'!

Have just received this reply from my MP David Curry in answer to an e.mail I sent him (posted on the forum on the 20 September)

Dear Mr Sanderson

I am sorry- I get a huge quantity of round robbins and I am rather
allergic to them. I will take up your points with Beckett though no
doubt the response will continue to be partial and unsatisfactory.

David Curry

I'll not hold my breath while waiting a reply but you never know.

Sandy

Post Reply from FCO 
I wrote to my MP and complained about not being able to wear my PJM and she said that she would write to the FCO, this morning I received another letter from my MP also included was a reply from the FCO which you can see below. I wonder if there was a crime for pulling the wool over peoples eyes, how many MP and civil servants would be charged

Don't be downhearted Valentine...you did your part...and you got the message through!

We are all familiar with the standard BS responses given by 'the suits'...but they cannot ignore the volume of MP's letters to them prompted by fighters like yourself.....Well done!

Well done Dennis, as Jock says same old diatribe but we will achieve our goal at the end of the day, have no doubts about it, the great British Public, Press, Radio and TV are on our side. Those sticking to the rule book are made to look more stupid by the day with their dogmatic approach, can you imagine Mrs Civil Servant saying to Hubby, 'had a good day at the office today dear' with a retort 'No dearest, I had to tell a pack of lies again, it goes against the grain I know but I have to follow the INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM'.

Yep Mr Civil Servant we know how you must feel............ashamed of yourselves!

Post Re: Non-Wearing. 
mcdangle wrote:
I have my suspicions who this 'someone' is but they are desperately trying to hide their identity because they know this has been an unlawful decision against 35,000 British Citizens who will be able to take action against them. This latest MP said it was the Honours and Decorations Committee and I have asked for a copy of their minutes of their meeting on 7th. December, 2005, when the PJM recommendations were made, under the FOI Act, but I am sure, in light of recent lies and deceit, they will attempt to avoid producing these but we will all keep at them and sometime in the future we will win through and the guilty will be identified and possibly punished.

This is the reply I received, I reported back that SOMEONE is protecting the guilty, read through the GOBBLEDEGOOK to get to the reasoning

Question What are the views of others on the last paragraph of the letter that Valentine received from Ruth Kelly MP.
Quote:
The wearing of non-British awards is not policed, and no law is broken if an individual wears such an award, even though official permission to do so may not have be given. It is a matter for the individual concerned whether they wish to wear the PJM on this basis
In my mind this is such a fine line between to have and to have not that I wonder what the "delusions of grandeur" that sit on the HD committee are being so bloody minded about. I have thought ONCE like a little school boy, putting his hand up in class and saying "please Sir". Don't worry I have not given up and I will support the Fight4the PJM till the very last. The bastards won't grind me down!!

You asked for others views on that particular piece of obfuscatory drivel Terence....here are a couple of mine...

1...'the wearing of non-British medals is not policed'....and for one VERY good reason...It CANNOT be policed as the FCO understands very well that they exercise NO such authority over civilian veterans.

2...'and no law is broken if one wishes to wear such an award'.....BS!....Her Majesty has decreed, based upon the advice of her HD Committee that we may 'accept the PJM but no formal permission to wear it will be given'.....do they think that they can summarily dismiss the decision handed down by their (and our!) Queen?

3...'It is a matter for the individual concerned whether they wish to wear the PJM on this basis....NO it isn't!....the two faced, disingenuous, mealy mouthed toads who tell you this are the same ones who then tell you that to do so would be to 'commit a grave discourtesy to the Queen'....something that no proud veteran would ever wish to do.

There is only one solution to this....provide us with 'unrestricted permission'....that's the only thing that'll make us go away!

Thank you Jock your msg has been well and truely taken onboard.

Question The wearing of non-British awards is not policed, and no law is broken if an individual wears such an award, even though official permission to do so may not have be given. It is a matter for the individual concerned whether they wish to wear the PJM on this basis

This is forever being rammed down our throats ad nauseum I too have quoted this to the press quite a bit in the past 2-3 weeks and my argument is why introduce a rule if it cannot be policed. These suits are a laughing stock in the eyes of the world, we know and I'm sure by now, they know it!

Post Ministerial Statement. 
Well done everyone you are starting to tear their arguments to pieces so they have to depend on set pieces like 'the wearing of medals will not be policed' etc. We all know they are prevaricating but the crux is to come when we start on the Ministerial Statement which they now seem to be relying on.

1. the Ministerial Statement is from one elected Minister - Ian 'Pinnochio' Pearson not our Parliament.

2. the ministerial statement has not been promulgated through our Parliament to MAKE civilians not wear anything.

3. the ministerial statement contains so many lies (which we will divulge later) that it will be laughed out of court.

3. the ministerial statement does NOT SAY that Her Majesty the Queen refused to allow the PJM medal to be worn........

and so it goes on.

Post REPLY FROM FCO 
WONDERFUL, SO FREEDOM OF INFORMATION, IS SELECTIVE,HAVE YOU NOTICED IN WHOLE AREA'S OF GOVERNMENT,WHEN WE ARE S'POSED TO GET OPENESS, AND TARGETS,YOU GET THESE SAD SUCKERS,MOVING THE GOAL POSTS,MANIPULATING STATS,AND THEN DECIDING WHAT CAN/CANNOT BE IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, YOU KNOW THAT ITALIAN CARPENTER WHO MADE PINOCCHIO,HIS NAME WAS GEPPETTO,ANY ONE KNOW HOW MANY OF THE LYING LONG NOSED TWATS HE MADE? I THINK I KNOW WHERE A LOT OF THEM ARE NOW.WELL PINOCCHIO GOT BUSTED AN WAS ONLY FIT FOR THE BONFIRE,ONLY EXCEPTION THERE IS THE TWATS WE ARE DEALING WITH ARE TOO FERKIN GREEN TO BURN Exclamation I REALLY LIKE THE LAUREL WREATH AT THE END OF THE LETTER ENCLOSING THE WORDS 'INVESTOR IN PEOPLE',WHAT A DICKHEAD,YOU FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME ETC; .
NOW WE ALSO HAVE THE OBSCENITY OF POLICE HAVING OBJECTIONS TO DOING THEIR JOB, THEY ARE AMPLY PAID TO DO Crying or Very sad ,BET A SQUADDIE WOULD LIKE THAT PAY,INSTEAD THEY GET THREATENED BY THE SAME ZEALOTS Shocked WHILE LYING WOUNDED IN AN NHS HOSPITAL,WHILST ENJOYING THE FREEDOMS THIS COUNTRY PROVIDES Embarassed ,AND NOT TOO LONG AGO AN OFFICER IN THE MEDICS REFUSED IN CONSCIENCE AFTER A TOUR OR 2 IN IRAQ ,TO GO AGAIN; Exclamation WAS COURT MARTIALLED ETC Shocked , AND BOOTED OUT. FAIR ENOUGH BUT SURELY IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT ,GET OUT THE KIN KITCHEN, Wink IM OFF TO DO MY POTS KNOW CHEERO.

Post Reply from Cabinet Office 
:!:This letter is as you put it John is Gobbledegook(I'm not so eloquent. What a load of total BOLLOCKS)The last paragraph is the best bit.I quote
Failure to maintain the confidentiality of the committees work would have a significant and Deleterious(Who in the real world uses this word.Dictionary definition:-
Injurious Harmful Hurtful.To whom.Their reputations because of all the lies and deceipt they have been trotting out.The only people being hurt here are 35.000 ex Servicemen who went and did their duty as they were trained to do,and have now become a nuisance because they have the audacity to challenge a decision made by an unelected group of civil servants that they can't WEAR a medal awarded to them by a Commonwealth country.) impact on the quality of policy advice and decision making, and on the integrity of the system.Dictionary definition of Integrity:- Adherence to moral principles,Honesty.(Yeah right) I 'll stop now before I write something I might get banged up in the tower for.

Post Reply from the DTI via MP 
Exclamation Herewith letter I received today from the DTI via my MP.Draw your own conclusions!!!

Reply to topic Page 5 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next