Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
WE NEED YOU TO CONTACT YOUR MP - HOW? READ THIS . . .
Post Letter from Michael Ancram QC MP 
Once again Michael has been snubbed by Beckett and McCartney has replied, a huge insult to a senior statesman. Once again he will write to demand a reply from her and so it goes on. I fear that this government is only going to be beaten by more direct action. Here is my reply to Michaels letter.

Dear Michael, thank you for your kind letter which I received this morning. I was not surprised that you have been snubbed once again by this extremely rude government department as it seems that McCartney is answering every letter sent to Beckett although I would have thought that protocol would have been adhered to in your case.

Beckett still has to reply to my two letters to her which have not even been acknowledged so I will give her to the end of next week and then I will make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman (copied to you) about her conduct. It is a very serious mistake for them to ignore and insult 35.000 military veterans as that figure is swelled by friends, families and supporters who will all take positive action at the ballot box. This is why Barry and I are so keen for the Conservative Party to take a positive line over this matter now as it is a huge vote winner not only with those aggrieved but also today’s service family who are suffering under a government that sends it to war on a lie and when they are injured, throws them onto the rubbish heap. This has been shown by the e-mails of a senior officer to the press recently about the casualties in Afghanistan, unheard of in mine and Ian’s day, the rot is setting in but I fear that the top brass is too cowardly to come out into the open and complain such is the vicious power of this government.

I know that you will never give in to them and that you will continue to fight them on our behalf and I and countless thousands more like me are grateful to you for your support. It is not like me to gush like this normally but this issue is one in which I believe so strongly in that this government has yet to feel the full strength of our commitment to it.

Sincerely

John

If your trying to say that she is a coward then you may well be right!!!

John

If your trying to say that she is a coward then you may well be right!!!

John

John, perhaps you should also include lack of moral fibre and normal intelligence.

Post Female Politicians. 
George,

Female politicians I have come across who are in support of the fight4thepjm are Linda Fabiani MSP, and Christine Grahame MSP - Scottish Parliament.

Exclamation Hello to all my fellow PJM ers. Here is the reply I got from my MP. In answer to the letter I wrote to him on17/09/06(You can read this letter in the Zap em section)

Post David Willetts 
Jon I see your MP likes sitting on the fence, a symptom of some many who lack moral courage. The following details are taken from a Guardian newspaper site. Perhaps some of our readers might like to educate Mr Willetts.

David Willetts
Member of Parliament for Havant
Party: Conservative

Shadow secretary of state for education

David Willetts says: "There needn't be a state of war between producer and consumer; provided the producer has the right degree of incentive and the consumer the right amount of choice the interests should coincide - as they do at Marks and Spencer."

Others say: Robert Harris: He is "symbolic of a type of Tory that has come to prominence over the past twenty years - young, brainy, earnest pious, confident: in a word, insufferable."

Results since 1992Election Constituency Party Votes(%) Position
General 2005 Havant Conservative 18370
(44.4%) 1
General 2001 Havant Conservative 17769
(43.9%) 1
General 1997 Havant Conservative 19204
(39.7%) 1
General 1992 Havant Conservative 32233
(55.0%) 1

Their life in parliament
Jobs and committees
How have they voted?
Register of Members' Interests
Full biography

Email addresses:
House of Commons: willettsd@parliament.uk

Websites:
David Willetts: Constituency

Contact numbers:
House of Commons (fax): 020 7219 2567
House of Commons (tel): 020 7219 4570
Constituency (fax): 023 9249 8753
Constituency (tel): 023 9247 5066

Addresses:
Constituency:
19 South Street
Havant
Hants PO9 1BU

I actually found that David Willetts reply was very reasonable when you consider some of the others that we have received. He at least passed it on to Margaret Beckett and did not tell you to 'bog off' like so many others have done. I have copied it to Michael Ancram and to my chum at the Mail on Sunday both of whom agree with my sentiment.

Regards

Johnl

Post THE SHAME OF IT ALL 
SINCE 'OUR' FORGOTTEN UNDECLARED WAR,THERE HAS BEEN A WAR IN THE FALKLANDS(MAYBE THE FEMALE INVOLVED IN THIS SHOULD SUPPORT VETS) A WAR IN THE GULF,IRAQ,A'STAN ,BOSNIA, CROATIA,AND N.I.UNLESS MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT THESE WHERE FOUGHT BY SERVICE PEOPLE,AFTER POLITICIANS FAILED,EVEN THO' THEY ARE VERY WELL REWARDED,EVEN HAVING THE PRIVILEDGE OF SETTING THEIR OWN PAY.KNOW WE SEE HOW UNEDUCATED AND OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY OUR PEOPLE'S REP'S ARE ,TROTTING OUT THE SAME OLD GUFF, FROM TOERAGS LIKE' PHONEYDICK',WITHOUT ANY REFERENCE TO THE FACTS AS PRESENTED HERE ON THESE PAGES,WHICH PROVE BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT,OUR CASE,INSPITE OF THE DECEIT,PUT OUT BY THOSE WELL KNOWN TO US HERE.NOW WE HAVE A RIGHT OLE RATS NEST AT THE BOTTOM OF A MIRED PIT,AND THE ALIENATION OF A WHOLE SWATHE OF SERVICE VETS,WHO SERVED AGAINST A FOE, BUT SENT BY POLITICIANS,IN THE NAME OF QUEEN & COUNTRY,AND TREATED SO DIFFERENTLY FROM OUR COMRADES ACROSS THE OCEAN'S.WE HAVE A MODEST STEP BACK,FROM NO WEAR RULE NOW,TO IT AIN'T POLICED BOLLOCKS Exclamation ITS THIS PUDDLED,FUDDLED,MUDDLED,THINKING PROCESS, THATS ALIEN TO MOST PEOPLE'S THOUGHT PROCESS,WHEN HOPEFULLY THIS ARCANE SYSTEM SEE'S SOME COMMON SENSE,AND NO WEAR IS CONSIGNED TO HISTORY,AND A EVEN HANDED APPROACH,BY PEOPLE RESPONSABLE ,TO THE PEOPLE! IS IN PLACE THE BETTER,AND THOSE WHO HAVE CAUSED THIS ANGER ,THRU THEIR MALPRACTICE,INCOMPETANCE,AND LIES,SHOULD BE SACKED,AND FIND THEIR TRUE VOCATION,INSTEAD OF WORKING AGAINST,THE VERY PEOPLE WHO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY,AND SORT OUT THE SITUATION OF FAILED POLITICIANS;AND GIVE THEM THE JOB THEY HAVE,SOMETIME AT THE COST OF LIVES.REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY IS NOT TOO FAR AWAY,AND WHEN WE WHO HAVE SERVED REMEMBER THOSE FACES ,OF THOSE WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE CHANCE TO GROW OLD,WE BOW OUR HEADS TO THEIR MEMORY,AND TO THOSE WHO WORK TO DENY US THE RIGHT TO WEAR 'OUR' PJM', YOU SHOULD BOW YOURS ;IN 'KIN SHAME

I have not had a reply from my MP David George [Lib] so another missile up his kyber and another by snail mail!

I have not had a reply from my MP David George [Lib] so another missile up his kyber and another by snail mail!

That's the spirit Terence!

Post Another MP 'onside'! 
Herewith an exchange of letters between a 'Rockape' pal of George 'Sandy' Sanderson and his MP...posted with permission...The text is that of the authors...the highlights are mine! 'Jock'

Sunday 17 September 2006

Dear Katy Clark,
I am a veteran of the ROYAL AIR FORCE REGIMENT and entitled to the
MALAYSIAN CONFRONTATION MEDAL and I wonder who,why,we cannot wear the
PJM when we receive it. In other words who took the decision and what
right do they have to do so,and did Margaret Beckett inform the Queen
that this is how it should be as that is how the Labour Government saw
it.I would like you to ask this question in the house and reply to me
A.S.A.P. the answer given.
The Malaysian Government decided that we should be recognised for our
help in defeating an adversary of theirs so what right has this BIG
BROTHER GOVERNMENT to deny the right to the people who were at the
sharp end during this emergency?

Yours sincerely,
Robert Burns

Hi Sandy, Here is the Reply From My MP:

Dear Mr Burns,
Malaysian Confrontation Medal
I am grateful to you for taking the time to contact me recently regarding the Malaysian Confrontation Medal which you were awarded by the Malaysian Government. It is my understanding that the decision to allow Veterans to be given the medal but not the right to wear it was taken by the Committee on the Grant of Honours, Decorations and Medals. Government policy at the moment state that medals awarded by foreign governments to British service personnel will not be approved for events or services if they relate to conflicts or events more than five years previously or if the recipient has received a British award for the same service.
However the Committee, in this instance, has foregone these rules to allow the awarding of the medals but uses the same rule to prevent the sanctioning of wearing the Malaysian Confrontation Medal in events or services.
I will be happy to ask a question in the House and will shortly table a written question to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office who administer the policy relating to the acceptance and wear of non-British medals by British citizens. As you will be aware, Parliament is currently in recess and will not be sitting until 9 October so it may be some time before I receive an answer to this question. Please feel free to get back in touch with me about this in the meantime or, indeed, on any other matter.With best wishes,
Yours sincerely,
Katy Clark
Member of Parliament
North Ayrshire

**NB*I have already sent a rapid response to Robert requesting that he again contact his MP urging her to ask a question in the House and table her written question to the FCO...............'

Well done Jock and also from Rabbie Burns.

I don't think that we will be in second gear for very much longer do you, what with a little more lobbying of MPs when Parliament resits, Panorama, Press/TV Coverage, The Malaysian People on our side, The ANZACs having the Right to Wear, The Rebuttal, The Petition, The Publicity and the vast majority of The British & Commonwealth People favouring our rights.

Just chuffed to NAAFI Buns that I chose to be on your side! Shocked

Post Rabbie Burns. 
O' a the world we brothers be,
A man's a man for a' that.

Thanks both Rabbie Burns.

Well done Jock and the 'band of brothers'. Yes, they will know they have been in a fight when we are finished with them and it would be better if they put their hands up now and said enough is enough!

I note this MP says that the decision not to wear was made by the Honours and Decorations Committee. Now this is interesting! Plenty of ammo there.

Post Re: Rabbie Burns. 
mcdangle wrote:

I note this MP says that the decision not to wear was made by the Honours and Decorations Committee. Now this is interesting! Plenty of ammo there.

Well spotted Andy!

Post Non-Wearing. 
Yes George I agree with everything you say about deceipt and shameful decisions but I am concerned that my suspicions about the non-wearing order are correct in that I believe, despite what they have said about HM the Queen and Royal Prerogative and Common Law, is that the Queen did in fact permit the so-called rules to be exempted to allow the PJM to be accepted and then someone else made the decision that permission to wear would not be granted. I have my suspicions who this 'someone' is but they are desperately trying to hide their identity because they know this has been an unlawful decision against 35,000 British Citizens who will be able to take action against them. This latest MP said it was the Honours and Decorations Committee and I have asked for a copy of their minutes of their meeting on 7th. December, 2005, when the PJM recommendations were made, under the FOI Act, but I am sure, in light of recent lies and deceit, they will attempt to avoid producing these but we will all keep at them and sometime in the future we will win through and the guilty will be identified and possibly punished.

Reply to topic Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next