Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 12 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Let's Zap'Em
Post Re: Letter to HM 
Semengo13 wrote:
It has been suggested that I publish this letter and response as follows. It got a srikingly fast response. Posted 3rd December, reply written 7th December.

Brilliant! Thanks, John.

Great stuff John - now you know why I told you about the promotion she gave you !

Post Letter to HM 
Sorry Kentsboro I must have missed that one. Must have had a senior moment ! Wink

Kuching.
Re my email to Phil Hope MP I sent on 12 Dec 2006. I have been away over Christmas (15/12/06 to 03/01/07)
This reply was sent to me on the 21 Dec 06 by Les Rolfe PA to Mr Phil Hope MP. Requesting my"full postal address before he can take the matter up....I would be grateful if you would email this to me in order that Mr Hope can send you a personal response". I am getting together copies of such letters, eg, "insult to HM if you wear it" effectively,"you're civilians you can please yourselves" You could wear it, it won't be policed" together with the reply to a member of the Johore Royal Family addressed to "Dear Mr Sha" the signature being that of a member (Suit) employed in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in the PROTOCOL DIRECTORATE! I've already got a copy of that priceless document! Before I went on holiday, I believe it was in the Fri 15 Dec copy of the Daily Express, that I saw an article on the lack of suitable qualifications of civil servants from the lower ranks to, presumably, the higher(est) ranks - needless to say I really want to find this again. Sadly, in spite of assurances from her constituency staff, I have recieved no further contact from Sally Keeble MP (Lab), or from Brian Binley MP(Con) who is also, currently, a local County Councillor (probably, talking from my local knowledge, " up to his eyebrows in ..it" due to many cuts in services to the most vulnerable in our local community I will let you know when I hear fron Phil Hope MP. Any help anyone can give regarding the tracing of the actual letters or perhaps emailing me copies would be most gratefully receieved. I want to be ready to give a factual answer to any questions he may have. Normally I am shy and don't put BA after my name - in this case I made an exception. Cheers for the New Year to all our readers!

Kentsboro wrote:
Great stuff John - now you know why I told you about the promotion she gave you !

Hi Tony. I now understand your message...............some three weeks later. I did not realise who you were. Very best for 2007 to you and yours.

John

Kuching.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2006-12-11a.566.0

Just added my two cents worth to this article.

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2006-12-11a.566.0

Just added my two cents worth to this article.

......Moi aussi.....

I was away from am 15 Dec 06 to 03 Jan 07. No usual 1571 "buzzing", but I tried anyway and found the
message Alex Jackman, Brian Binley's Researcher. I'm looking up the treatment for "burnt fingers"!

Reference telephone call Fri 15 Dec 06 - Alex Jackman. Copy of original message as requested. The award
of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal was awarded by the King of Malaysia (Agong) and not as the civil servants insist on repeating "awarded by the Crown". HM the Queen accepted the award on behalf of the
veterans. We believe that the "permission to wear is not granted" is a recommendation by the civil servants involved. A request for a copy of the actual document signed by HM has been denied a number of times referring to FOIA section 37(1)(b) ........"We consider that it is in the public interest to protect the process
of the HD Committee.........". It would, perhaps, be useful if you could discover whether the "formal permission to wear will not be granted" was in the original signed by Her Majesty.

Yours faithfully,

David Dilley

----- Original Message -----
To: binleyb@parliament.uk
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2006 3:05 PM
Subject: EDMs Michael Mates No.375: Don Touhig No.356

Dear Mr Binley. I am not, unfortunately a constituent of yours, but I live in the North Northampton Constituency. However this matter has become a concern for members of all parties. I qualified by virtue of my service in Borneo for the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (Malaya Service Medal) in 1964. HM graciously accepted the award but was advised by the HDO and MOD among others
"that permission to wear will not be given". It is a long story, however for brevity's sake the Group to which I belong - Fight4thePJM- has been lobbying for the right to wear since Feb 2006. I (we) would be most grateful for your support and more so if you would sign the above EDMs. Don Touhig whom we greatly respect, actually supported the 'suits' initially until he was made aware the case as presented to him and others appeared to be based on false assumptions and , famously, 'economy with the truth', now stands firmly behind us.

Yours faithfully, David Dilley.

I was away from am 15 Dec 06 to 03 Jan 07. No usual 1571 "buzzing", but I tried anyway and found the
message Alex Jackman, Brian Binley's Researcher. I'm looking up the treatment for "burnt fingers"!

Great perseverance, David! And brillaint lobbying.

Thanks for your continuing support.

Barry

...let me encourage all readers to emulate 'GLOman's example and encourage their own MP to sign both EDM's as demonstrated.

Cheers for the New Year to all our readers!

Welcome back, David. And thanks for your continuing support. We;ll give you all the help we can with any background you need.

Barry

Exclamation Cor! acknowledgement received circa 1500hrs.

Dear Mr D

Thank you for your email.
This is an acknowledgement and we will be in touch shortly.

Yourts sincerely,
Aaron Toussaint,
Parliamentary Assistant to Brian Binley MP
Northampton South Constituency

Hopuse of Commons
London
SW1A OAA
Phone:0207 219 8298
Fax: 0207 219 2265

Rolling Eyes I received this reply from Phil Hope MP:

Dear Mr Dilley

Thank you for your response.

I regret that Parliamentary rules will not allow Mr Hope to respond/intervene in your case because you are not one of his constituents.

I believe your own Member of Parliament is Sally Keeble, who will I am sure take this matter up on your behalf.

I am sorry that we cannot help you in this instance. Sally Keeble MP can be contacted by e-mail: keebles@parliament.uk.

I trust this is useful.

Yours sincerely

Les Rolfe

Personal Assistant to Phil Hope MP

I have sent an email in reply:

Please thank Phil Hope MP for the courtesy of a reply. I wonder, should the matter reach the floor of the house, if Phil Hope MP would support our cause,

Yours faithfully,

David Dilley.

I await a reply from Brian Binley MP; if it is positive I'll ZAP Phil Hope again. I know Ms Sally Keeble is my MP!
I sent har an email on the 8th Dec 06, The constituency office is on the case, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Time, perhaps for another email?

If per chance Ms Keeble or her secretary fails to respond to you David, place a little note here for the Super Etender to fire off an Exocet or three, thanks for trying!

Rolling Eyes I received this reply from Phil Hope MP:...
I await a reply from Brian Binley MP; if it is positive I'll ZAP Phil Hope again. I know Ms Sally Keeble is my MP!
I sent har an email on the 8th Dec 06, The constituency office is on the case, but I'm still waiting for a reply. Time, perhaps for another email?

Brilliant and relevant persistence, David!

Barry

Reply to topic Page 12 of 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next