Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Chelsea Pensioners Wearing the PJM
Post Chelsea Pensioners Wearing the PJM 
At the MHC PJM medal presentation service in London on Wednesday, three Chelsea Pensioners wore the PJM on their red uniform, these three proud veterans sported their medals alongside the GSM and were photographed. The picture appeared in colour in The Daily Express yesterday.

The CP uniform is official as they wear blue uniforms in and around The Hospital grounds but wear red coats on 'walking out' and other ceremonial occasions. We know these guys wear their uniforms at The Royal Albert Hall in The Festival of Remembrance in front of Her Majesty The Queen, they are obviously very proud to do so and to display their medals.

The photo yesterday in The DE. Was this being discourteous to The Queen by these guys wearing this medal, did they have approval from The Hospital to do so or was this merely 'cocking a snook' at The Establishment.

I feel that this photograph enhances our cause no end!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_pensioner

Post CHELSEA PENSIONERS WITH PJM UP. 
WONDERFUL TO SEE THESE GENTLEMEN IN THEIR RED SUITS, JUST HOPE THERE SMILES ARE FOR THOSE IN GREY SUITS WHO LAUGH AT US. JUST SOMETHING CHUM YOU'LL HAVE TO GET USE TOO ,AS WE VOTE WITH OUR FEET FOR THE TIME BEING.JUST WHAT IS 'FORMAL',TO AN EX -SERVICE BOD,WHO DON'T GIVE A FISHES TIT,ABOUT YOUR PETTINESS, WE ARE OUT OF UNIFORM,AND YOU CAN'T/ WON'T/S==T SCARED TO POLICE ,GET REAL ,ADD ONE WORD,DELETE ONE WORD,IE FOR EXAMPLE= OUT WITH FORMAL IN WITH UNRESTRICTED,AS ANYONE WITH A OUNCE OF COMMON DOG,IN THE FIRST PLACE WOULD HAVE DONE.TO FIGHT FOR ONE'S COUNTRY, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ITS WORTH FIGHTING FOR,AND PLAINLY WITH THE DICKHEADS WE HAVE AT PRESENT,FOR ME IT AIN'T.

Post Re: CHELSEA PENSIONERS WITH PJM UP. 
ro5=6372 wrote:
WONDERFUL TO SEE THESE GENTLEMEN IN THEIR RED SUITS, JUST HOPE THERE SMILES ARE FOR THOSE IN GREY SUITS WHO LAUGH AT US. JUST SOMETHING CHUM YOU'LL HAVE TO GET USE TOO ,AS WE VOTE WITH OUR FEET FOR THE TIME BEING.JUST WHAT IS 'FORMAL',TO AN EX -SERVICE BOD,WHO DON'T GIVE A FISHES TIT,ABOUT YOUR PETTINESS, WE ARE OUT OF UNIFORM,AND YOU CAN'T/ WON'T/S==T SCARED TO POLICE ,GET REAL ,ADD ONE WORD,DELETE ONE WORD,IE FOR EXAMPLE= OUT WITH FORMAL IN WITH UNRESTRICTED,AS ANYONE WITH A OUNCE OF COMMON DOG,IN THE FIRST PLACE WOULD HAVE DONE.TO FIGHT FOR ONE'S COUNTRY, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ITS WORTH FIGHTING FOR,AND PLAINLY WITH THE DICKHEADS WE HAVE AT PRESENT,FOR ME IT AIN'T.

Agreed ro5=6372 and by the state of our armed forces at the moment, 600 short in the new Scottish Regiment it looks like others think the same. The idiots in charge say it is because Mummies in Scotland are not wanting their babies to go and fight in such terrible lands as Iraq. Reminds me of the Willie Nelson song 'Mamma don't let your babies grow up to be Gay Cowboys' perhaps that is where the bampots in charge got the idea from in the first place. You really couldn't make it up.

I have exhibited at the Chelsea Flower show for many years and the lads always come round to have a chat. I met one of our Life Guards there and he was not wearing any medals at the time, so must conclude that they are only put on for ceremonial occasions
Tug

Ribbons on their blue jackets and medals on their scarlet ones.

John

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1