Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Write to Gordon "I'll look into it" Brown - pl do
Barry., It looks like the Don,got my e-mail in time for the Defence Debate in the commons. I've sent him a big thank- you........Rob Smile

.........Well done Rob!.....your success provides a dynamic example and a reminder to all that anyone's MP might be the next one to strike a similar blow for the campaign....but it's our responsibility to keep reminding them of our existence...

In local council etiquette it is 14 days but many also state that owing to busy schedules a reply in 30 days is the absolute maximum before you can expect to be censured following a complaint. Over 30 days and you are an absolute stinker!!!

John

I have found out that Derek Twigg is not my MP after all.
    My MP is Mr Mike Hall.

Had two letters this morning from the 'House'.
    The first from our ?friend? informing me I am not one of his constituents and he had psassed on my letter to Mike Hall MP.
    The second is from Mike Hall :- >>>

By phredd

and his attachment >>>>

By phredd

I am not expecting any miracles but I go on.

Phredd

Phredd...there is no bad news in this one pal!

We could not ask for more!...Your MP Mr Hall has done exactly as you requested (regardless of the false start in assuming that Mr Twigg was 'your man')....the more letters of this nature that Mr Miliband receives the better!

Nice one!

Phredd, well done, I note however your MP fails to mention the fact that the duration of the 'Emergency' and 'Confrontation' periods for which a British medal was issued differs from that as seen by our Malaysian friends, and therefore NO medal covering this period was issued to all that qualify by Malaysian terms, so therefore the 'Long Standing' Rules do not apply tt ALL, and should not !

Post Mike Hall MP. 
Excellent Phredd but it looks like he has been deceived by the Civil Servants.

THIS IS IN LINE WITH A LONG STANDING POLICY THAT ONLY ONE MEDAL MAY BE WORN IN RECOGNITION OF AN EVENT OR ACTION.

Absolute rubbish. This rule was made in November, 2006, so how can it be long standing. Mind you they say a week in politics is a long time. And as redcapfred has already pointed out there are those who qualify for the PJM who did not receive a British GSM so they only have the PJM and they are also being punished when the alleged 'long standing principle' does not apply to them.

He also uses the word 'contradictory' when in fact it is plain and simple 'discrimination' of British citizens by the civil serpents who we now hear have been given whopping bonuses totalling millions with the Treasury being given the biggest whack in the past year. I wonder why, and no I am not blaming any political party, just a system that allows this.

Nevertheless Fred he has asked for the non-wearing so called rule to be changed, so let us all hope that eventually elected politicians will realise just how much they are being duped by the Old Guard Imperialist Mandarins who are robbing us blind and deceiving all who have any contact with them.

Post Re: Mike Hall MP. 
mcdangle wrote:
Nevertheless Fred he has asked for the non-wearing so called rule to be changed, so let us all hope that eventually elected politicians will realise just how much they are being duped by the Old Guard Imperialist Mandarins who are robbing us blind and deceiving all who have any contact with them.

Amen to that McDangle....Amen!....

McDangle and I both remember that one of those 'Old Guard Imperialist Mandarins' (an elegant turn of phrase, Andy!) boastfully stated to us that 'the Politicians don't run this country, we the Civil Service, do!....With an arrogant attitude like that to contend with, small wonder we have trouble getting through to them...or getting them to see reason.

I could not agree more !

Barry, I got these letters this morning, the one from Gorden Brown is a bit late as it says the same old story, Dons letter is interesting though....Rob.

P.S. I hope something hopeful happens this time.......

Most interesting Rob......it appears that Don Touhig has plans to 'run with this' all the way...with which initiative I heartily agree....a debate in the House would certainly put the campaign in a better position....and such a debate might even attract some of the media coverage that has, to date, been denied us by the major 'daily's.

....the PM's standard formulaic response is depressing (but not entirely unanticipated).....

Barry, I got these letters this morning, the one from Gorden Brown is a bit late as it says the same old story, Dons letter is interesting though....Rob.

P.S. I hope something hopeful happens this time.......

Brilliant lobbying, Rob.

As for Gordon "I'll look into it" Brown and his commitment to right injustices, here we have him actually restating the injustice ... no mention of the Commonwealth forces to whom The Queen has given permission. No mention of the Malta 50th anny enforced double medal. No mention of the Russian 40th Anny enforced double medal. No mention of Sir Sir Sir Robin's A & B 25th Anny medal. No mention of the Accumulated Campaign Service enforced Double/Treble Muddle. No mention of the other 40-odd medals that contradict what those contemptuous civil servants have told him to say.

Gordon Brown is showing himself to be a weak, opportunist, two-faced creep. If that is not a political statement, I don't know what is. Do I care?

If The Don can achieve a Commons debate, that would be something very exciting ... how many MPs will vote against us and for the suits ... how many for us and agin those bureauprats?????

Thanks again,

Barry

Post Persistence..... 
Permit me to respectfully remind all members that it is STILL imperative that as many as possible (and as soon as possible!) contact their individual MP with a request for a letter, 'on behalf of a concerned constituent', to be sent to PM Gordon Brown....This letter should ask for some prompt action from the PM in addressing our concerns...he has promised to 'look into this', but so far, no demonstrable progress has been noted.

Anyone who might require a little assistance in formulating such a letter may access the following link for a generic example...

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13517&highlight=#13517

First of all I would like to thank Mike Hall MP for his help and support in this.

I recieved this letter today 08 Nov 07 from the FCO via Mike. >>>>

To me it looks as if the FCO are softening to our fight............... NOT

Phredd

Last edited by phredd on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorry Phredd that is the same type of letter (via my MP) that I received before I went to KL for Merdeka.
To me the FCO have not changed in anyway.

Thanks for the input.
I will now go and edit my post with the word NOT

Phredd

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next