Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
PJM FOR SALE
Post PJM FOR SALE 
SURFING ROUND EBAY,AND FOUND ITEM 150153605867,CURRENTLY £50.00.LOOKS LIKE THE REAL DEAL ,BOXED, CITATION ,MINATURE ,RIBBON & FULL SIZE,ISSUED EARLIER THIS YEAR.NO IT AIN'T MINE

Nothing is sacred from 'Fleabay'
    Phredd (In Arduis Fidelis)

Post Citation 
When I received my PJM - I did not receive one of these

All I got was a rather scruffy photocopy of a typed note.

Whilst I am extremely grateful and proud to receive my medal - the finishing touch would have been rather nice.

Any ideas out there about how to get one ?

HI TONY,BEST BET GOTTA BE,CONTACT MALAYSIAN EMBASSY,POINTING THIS OUT AND REQUESTING SAME.

Send a pm to BarryF - he may be able to advise or help you.
All the best
Phredd

You sure that this 'fancy edition' was actually issued by the MHC?...Or was it perhaps the result of some clever reconstruction by 'one of the lads'?

I'd investigate a bit before I requested a copy from the MHC if it were me....I rec'd the same photocopied version that Kentsboro mentions, incidentally...

Post Re: Citation 
Kentsboro wrote:
When I received my PJM - I did not receive one of these

?

When I was awarded mine, just over one week ago, I got one of these.
    As I say have a word with BarryF.

Phredd

Many thanks Phred - have sent off for Barry's advice. I see that the distasteful eBay entry is now up at £110.
If the seller just needs the money, then I'm sure I would rather help him if I can, instead of seeing it go like this.

Tony

Many thanks Phred - have sent off for Barry's advice. I see that the distasteful eBay entry is now up at £110.
If the seller just needs the money, then I'm sure I would rather help him if I can, instead of seeing it go like this.

Tony

If anyone else has not received a Citation (I, for one, did not) please send me an email ... full name and date and location of presentation of your PJM.

I'll see what I can do - I think those who are distributing the medals already have enough on their plates.

Barry

PS PJM on Ebay ... my dad recounts the story of his chums returning from WW1, receiving their medals, and then duly 'popping' them to help pay for food (or an 'occasional' bottle of beer). Disgusted with how they were treated on their return from that terrible war (ring any bells members of the current MoD?), on Remembrance Day they used to pin their pawn tickets on their jackets where they would have worn their medals.

The old nursery rhyme "Pop (pawn) goes the weasel (what is pawned, probably from old cockney 'whistle and flute')" says it all - particularly to us from London (my dad was in the Royal Fusiliers, City of London Regiment). I believe the Eagle pub is still there in the City Road.

B.

Unfortunatly Service Medals are appearing on Fleabay quite often these days.
    Sign of the times maybe ?
    Is the money needed for living or is it just to make a quick buck.

Wear your Ribbon all this week and be proud.

Cheers Comrade

Phredd (In Arduis Fidelis)

BarryF
Thanks for the input and info.
As for pawn tickets = my dad, rip, was one of them.
Fred

Tony

Just read his history on Fleabay = A Power Seller. Looks like he deals in books amongst other things.
The only reason he is selling is to make a profit out of it I think. Could be wrong.
Takes all kinds to make an Army.

Cheers and Tigers to you.

JUST BY WAY OF CONFIRMATION,I RECEIVED A PAPER CITATION,SAME AS THE EBAY ITEM,IT IS A OFF WHITE IN COLOUR , THE PAPER HAS THICK FEEL TO IT, LIKE CURRENCY,I JUST THOUGHT EVERYONE GOT ONE.

If anyone one want's a citation, I have a copy on my computer that I can send to you by e-mail. If printed on parchment type paper it does look like the real deal when under glass. I have also sent a copy to Barry.

John

John, if Barry hits a brick wall, (and knowing him, I doubt it !!) I'll take you up on your kind offer. Thanks

Tony

Tony

£110 and the reserve has not been met.
    I wonder what the reserve is ?

Phredd

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next