Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Deputy PM Candidates

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Email to Don Touhig 
Don,

I am not a constituent of yours so I hope you do not mind me contacting you on the issue of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM).

I recently sent a question to all the candidates for Deputy Prime Minister and so far Hilary Benn has been the only one to answer but his answer was not very encouraging, it was obvious by his answer that he had contacted the Civil Servants for advise on how to answer my question because it was the same old misinformation that I have been hearing for two years.

My MP Geoffrey Robinson & I have asked Denis Brennan of the Cabinet Office twice now to meet us, he has refused, WHY?

If Civil Servants will not meet our MP’s what chance do we have to correct this injustice.

Now I know there are a lot of very important issues going on in the world to day but if you could find time in your busy schedule to have a word the Hilary Benn and acquaint him with the correct facts I and thousands of other Malay/Borneo Veterans would be very grateful.

I thank you for your time

Kind Regards

Paul Alders
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His Answer.

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the email. If I get the opp I will speak to Hilary. The way the veterans of the Malaysian campaign hv been treated as far as the PJM is concerned is a disgrace and I certainly intend to do all I can to get the present decision again wearing the PJM reversed.

Yours sincerely,

Don Touhig

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2