Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Deputy PM Candidates
Post Deputy PM Candidates 
Send each of the candidates for Deputy PM a question.

Shortcut to: http://www.labour.org.uk/leadership/candidates_for_deputy

Ask them if they will support the wearing of the PJM

SORRY UNDER THE NEW FREEDOM OF INFORMATION EXEMPTION FOR M.P.s I CANNOT DISCLOSE THAT INFORMATION,AS IT MIGHT AFFECT MY ENTITLEMENT TO TAXPAYERS WONGA.

Post Re: Deputy PM Candidates 
[quote="Paul Alders"]Send each of the candidates for Deputy PM a question.

Shortcut to: http://www.labour.org.uk/leadership/candidates_for_deputy

Ask them if they will support the wearing of the PJM[/quote]

Have you all contacted the candidates for Deputy PM.

H. Benn MP has promised to look at my question, at least it is a start.
This is a very good chance to get the PJM mentioned at the highest level, DON'T MISS IT.

Paul

Great idea. I have asked all 6 the following question:-

Will you support the wearing of the Pingat Jasa Medal by those awarded it by the King and Government of Malaysia. This is currently being denied to Veterans by an unelected H and D Committee, despite the Queens permission in the London Gazette in May 1968?

Will report back on any replies.

John

Kuching.
Post Deputy PM Candidates 
Yep, Me too; all six. Will info as soon (If ever) replies are received.

Regards

David

Post Not the Answer We Wanted 
Paul,

Hilary Benn has asked me to pass on the following response to you...

When you become Deputy Prime Minister do you intend to support the wearing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM)?

I am pleased that the government made an exception to allow our brave soldiers, who served in Malaysia to preserve its newly won independence between 1957 and 1966, to receive the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal.

However, I understand that it is long standing Government policy that non-British medal are not to be approved for events or service that took place more than 5 years before initial consideration, or in connection with events that took place in the distant past, and I can see merit in this approach.

Post Re: Not the Answer We Wanted 
Paul Alders wrote:
Paul,

When you become Deputy Prime Minister do you intend to support the wearing of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM)?

I am pleased that the government made an exception to allow our brave soldiers, who served in Malaysia to preserve its newly won independence between 1957 and 1966, to receive the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal.

However, I understand that it is long standing Government policy that non-British medal are not to be approved for events or service that took place more than 5 years before initial consideration, or in connection with events that took place in the distant past, and I can see merit in this approach.

Turdus Excreta dressed up as Bullsh!t

Post Research before answering 
If that is the kind of response Ms Benn proffers to all reasonable queries without thoroughly researching her reply, then she merits no more credibility than her ineffectual predecessor.

She is condemned by her own words - she obviously knows nothing of the illogical statements, conclusions, arguments or counter arguments for or against the subject. She has possibly had some aide or other look at the basic elements of the subject, seen the initial official response, and taken the easy way out - agree with what has already been said, and don't get involved. ("I'm far too busy with my Deputy-Prime-Miinister-preparations anyway".)

Tony

Post Re: Research before answering 
Kentsboro wrote:
If that is the kind of response Ms Benn proffers to all reasonable queries without thoroughly researching her reply, then she merits no more credibility than her ineffectual predecessor.

She is condemned by her own words - she obviously knows nothing of the illogical statements, conclusions, arguments or counter arguments for or against the subject. She has possibly had some aide or other look at the basic elements of the subject, seen the initial official response, and taken the easy way out - agree with what has already been said, and don't get involved. ("I'm far too busy with my Deputy-Prime-Miinister-preparations anyway".)

Tony

Tony

Hilary Benn is a MISTER, mind you it could be that he has had a sex change

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilary_Benn

JohnC

Would apparently make little difference the gender of the forementioned Hilary..........still unable to think for himself so must be a Big GIRLS Blouse!!!!!!!!!! Should we expect any free spirit from the ranks of the Labour Leadership,not seen much in the past two years.

roger
Costa Calida

Post MR Hilary Benn 
Sorry Hilary my dear chap, but either way, as my Honourable Friend the member for Costa Calida has said - this house considers your answer to merit the title of Minister for Big Girls Blouses.

Tony

Post Re: Not the Answer We Wanted 
Paul Alders wrote:
Paul,

Send him the list of 42 post-5-year medals.

Ask him why he lamely accepts the lies of the civil servants.

Ask him why he and Labour are in such desperate straits.

Ask him if there is any correlations between the two.

Ask him who has a track record of lies and deceit ... the suits or loyal veterans.

Ask him why he accepts the word of the former and not the latter.

Ask him if there is any correlation between those two questions and the total lack of trust people have in politicians when they spout the sort of crap that Ms Hilary Benn spouts.

Ask him if the suits told him The Queen has already approved the wearing of the PJM for eligible British citizens ... and if they failed to tell him, why does he 'think' they failed to do so.

I make no apologies for my tone or turn (of phrase). I am fed up with with the suits getting away with briefing MPs with lies ... why do we give them the opportunity so to do???

Barry

PS We are working as hard as ever - and so are many MPs. We've won support from MPs (those who can think for themselves), the NMBVA, the RBL and the Media. We already have the right to wear the PJM ... now we are going to ensure that the suits are made to publish that truth.

Post Candidates for Deputy PM 
You will all be surprised to know that further to my question to all 6 candidates of the 25th of May, not one has had the courtesy to reply.

Much more important things to do than reply to a Veteran. Come the next election, we will remember too..........

Kuching.
Post "" 
""

Last edited by StanW on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mr Benn's reply 
Poor old Mr Benn, what a shame, having tried to do his best and answer a question, he made the error, as have many including those MP's who won't sign EDMs but think they are doing their job by writing to the Minister, to find that the advice he has been given by civil servants, who he naively believe would advise him in accordance with the standards laid down in the Civil Service Code, that is with integrity and accuracy, have not done so. Mr Benn, they have made you look foolish in the sight of most people who have followed this campaign from the start, in order to preserve their own precarious positions.

As for the others from whom I, too, have not received a reply. I don't believe it has anything to do with not toeing the Nu-Labour Part line, but everthing to do with not getting involved in anything controversial for the sake of THEIR OWN PERSONAL FUTURES! In my book poor Mr Benn deserves some credit for answering although (we know, predictably) he was badly let down by those he should have been able to trust.

Perhaps he might even join the massive audience waiting to see the downfall, for gross misconduct, of these civil servants.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next