Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Medal Engraving/Stamping
Post Medal Engraving/Stamping 
As a general query gents, what are people having engraved/stamped around the edge of our medal - Number/Rank/Name/Unit at the time of the service, or details as at today ?

On this subject generally - does anyone know if WWII medals were engraved/stamped? I do know that WWI medals were.

Thanks

Tony

I have had mine engraved the same as my GSM ie. Service number, initial sir name ,rank at the time, branch of service in my case a nice easy one RN. I've checked my Fathers medals none of them are engraved except the GSM.Hope this is of some help.

Last edited by Jon Windust on Wed May 09, 2007 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Many thanks Jon - had the same idea myself. The reason I asked about engraving of WWII medals is because my wife's grandfather's War Medal and Defence Medal are not engraved, so thanks again.

Tony

Post WW11 Medals. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 of my fathers 4 medals are inscribed on the rim GSM (Malaya) and his LSGC Medal with number name rank and initials

Anyone know whether the GSM w/c Suez can be awarded posthumously as pa was in egypt for several months in the early 50's in the Canal Zone, Abukir, Abusuer (excuse the spelling)etc

Post GSM Suez area, etc. 
John.

Just before the PJM debacle started I found a GSM in the pocket of a second hand coat I bought in a charity shop. I wrote to the Min. of Defence Medal Office and they dealt with it...even sending a stamped envelope...to post it to them for further investigation and possible return to the owner. I later got in touch with the same lady to enquire about the PJM and she was most helpful again. The address then was......Ministry of Defence Medal Office, Building 250, Royal Airforce Innsworth, GLOUCESTER GL3 1HW. Tel: 01452 712612 ext 8213. If that whole kit and caboodle has now shut down....not unlikely....just contact the Veterans Agency. They are very helpful about all medals except perhaps the PJM.

MB.

Post Re: GSM Suez area, etc. 
MB wrote:
Veterans Agency. They are very helpful about all medals except perhaps the PJM.

MB.

Mike

I have a query with them at the moment unrelated to the PJM, I will see what they turn up with this one first as I do not wish to strain a brain! Shocked

Thanks anyway, Innsworth closing down yes looks like they could be moving to Wyton or Brampton, (nearly wrote RAMPTON!) I wonder how many files will be lost in transit? Confused

I have had the exact same put on the rim of my PJM that is on the GSM for Borneo. By the way, although WW1 medals are stamped with the details of the bearer but to save money WW2 medals were not.

John

Post Medal engraving/stamping 
Dear Sir, If and when I get a PJM, are they engraved with Name, Rank & Number? If not, where does one get them engraved? Many thanks, Regards Lofty

Post Medal engraving,etc. 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Engraving 
Thanks Mike (sir) for the info. I've sent Jon Windust a message on the same lines, as he's had his medal engraved
somewhere. Regards, Lofty

Post Two PJM versions ? 
Hi, I've just been informed by a chap on the NMBVA-UK website (Forum), that there's two official PJM's. One with palm leaves crossing Left over Right, and the other with palm leaves crossing Right over Left. Is this right ? Regards Lofty

Re enquiry GSM Suez, the answer is yes. I had ocasion to see one recently when on business at a friends home, her husband had passed away 4yrs ago, he had served National Service in the RCMP in Suez.

The family the applied and received one which was stamped of course with name rank no.and corps.

She was very proud to show me the medal and had a dilema having two grandsons , I suggested she could purchase a replica and the problem was solved.

Cameron

Thanks very much for the 'heads up' on this (via Jock) I have made a very swift inquiry to The Medals Office at The MoD, will keep you informed

JohnC

Re enquiry GSM Suez, the answer is yes. I had ocasion to see one recently when on business at a friends home, her husband had passed away 4yrs ago, he had served National Service in the RCMP in Suez.

The family the applied and received one which was stamped of course with name rank no.and corps.

She was very proud to show me the medal and had a dilema having two grandsons , I suggested she could purchase a replica and the problem was solved.

Cameron

Cameron, replica British NGSM/GSM medals and qenuine medals have three differences, they are:

No1) Replica NGSM/GSM medals are made of a cheap base metal with a silver plating. Genuine medals are silver.

No2) Replica NGSM/GSM medals have a stamp (Replica or Copy) on the rear of the medal. Genuine medals has no stamp.

No3) Replica NGSM/GSM medals are not designed to permit the free turning of the medal on its mount. Genuine medals can be swiveled on the mount.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next