Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
NST online
INDEPENDANCE WITHOUT BLOODSHED,WOW THERE'S A FIRST,THIS STATEMENT WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS A CLASSIC,RANKING ALONGSIDE 'ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH',AS WE ARE INTO THE REALM OF TALKING BOLLOCKS,MY CONTRIBUTION IS ,'A RABBIT NEVER MAKES THE SAME LEAP TWICE',OR' YOU THREE MAKE A RIGHT PAIR IF EVER I SAW ONE',CAN' T BE FUSSED MYSELF ,BUT CAN SOMEONE COME UP WITH A RELAVANT ANAGRAM, USING INDEPENDANCE WITHOUT BLOODSHED.

Post .............No bloody bloodshed !!! 
A new depth of incompetence by our so-called representatives.

In just one line he manages to offend Malaysia, Britain, Australia, New Zealand and other nations who were involved in this allegedly "bloodless" independence. Tell that to the families of those who lost loved ones or had them returned to them in physical and/or mental conditions that effect them all their lives. A bloody disgrace. No doubt at some future time they will try and say that about Iraq and Afghanistan.

Nothing less than an abject apology is called for from this man.

I really have had a belly full of this lot.

Kuching.
One thing is for certain, it wasn't his blood thast was shed.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Bloodless independence. 
A hell of a lot of leeches, of another kind, had a hell of a lot of my blood (very nearly a legful) but they were just earning an honest living.

MB

Last edited by MB on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Last edited by StanW on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Post NST Online 
Dear Sirsl,

I have read the Straits Times interview with the British High Commissioner and your commnts on it. I believe that the "without bloodshed" he was referring to was the fact that we handed over power in 1957 to the Malaysian People without a bloody war of independance to get rid of us. Not only did we hand over power in a very orderly fashion but we remainded their for another decade as invited guests to help stabilise the newly emerging nation. This is quite unlike say the hasty handover of India in 1947 and Aden in 1967, both of which were undignified and bloody affairs. The counterinsurgency campaign was bloody but not linked directly to Merdeka. The CCT were fighting both ourselves and the Malaysian people in an ideological campaign inspired by the Communists.

Your knee jerk and abusive comments about the High Commissioner have yet again pilliored an innocent person and possibly lost a supporter. I do hope that the High Commissioner will not take it personally and refuse to help any of the Veterans attending the Merdeka Day celebrations in August who just might require his services.

I would suggest that you read the interview in the intended context and perhaps offer an unconditional apology to the High Commissioner. I somehow doubt that you will do so as a very small number of you seem to thrive on bitterness.

Kind Regards

Tom

I have emailed Col Paul Edwards at the BHC in KL about that Interview and asking for an explanation. (Paul as expressed his wish for us to wear our PJM's with PRIDE).
I'm sure all will become clear in time.

Now I believe you mentioned something about medal chasing in one of your postings, now I hope I'm not taking you out of context but not one Malay/Borneo Veteran went looking for a Malaysian Medal. It was offered to us and I for one (along with many others) now that it has been offered and accepted by HM the Queen want to wear it.
Paul

Post Knee-jerk reactions etc. 
Tom,

Thank you for your post. It is always refreshing to know that people other than we hardy campaigners are contributing to this site. Reading other people's comments is always worth while; we have learned much from these in the past, and I believe we will continue to do so.

Tony Davies

Post NST Online 
Dear Mr Alders,

Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify matters I am fully aware of the status of the PJM and the circumstances behind its award by the Malaysian People, indeed it gets an honourable mention in this momnths MOD Focus. My former posts were directed not at the justly deserved and proud recipients of the PJM, but at the tiny minority amongst you who shamelessly hunt medals and boast about their acquisiton. I would humbly direct to you look at the cached items on the ARRSE /Campaign Medals forum where you will find that the users of that forum recently also "rumbled" and outed one such individual.

As I previously stated I wish your campaign well, however I stand by my view that a small minority of your posters make your task very diffucult with comments such as those recently directed at the High Commisioner to Malaysia.

Kind Regards

Tom

Fifty years is a long time and my recollection of those far off days is sometimes a little fuzzy. However, I arrived in Malaya within a very few weeks of the Merdeka celebrations in 1957. Certainly everyone seems to have had a very jolly time, with no riots mentioned and no Brits beaten up or anything of that kind reported to my knowledge. Nevertheless, the country was still in a state of emergency. Chin Peng and his nasties were still terrorising and killing civilians and our service personnel, just as we were still hunting them down in an attempt to preserve Merdeka (the newly received freedom). Blood had been spilled before Merdeka, continued to be spilled after it and was still being spilled after I left for home in 1959. For the High Commissioner to recently state that it had been a bloodless hand-over was completely inaccurate in my opinion and no amount of semantics will convince me otherwise.

MB.

Post Tom. 
The British High Commissioner for Malaysia is an experienced diplomat who holds a very high position which comes with it all the consultants and advisers and huge amounts of tax-payers money required to fund it. As such he should not have said that Malaysian Independence came without bloodshed well knowing the history of that area of the world. If he was misquoted then I would have thought that his little helpers would have been only too willing to correct what had been allegedly wrongly quoted.
If he meant that Malaysian Independence came without bloodshed between Malaysia and Britain, as was pointed out, then he should have said so. He is after all experienced enough to have put this in the correct manner. The statement that the ‘pillorying of an innocent person and possibly losing a supporter of the PJM right to wear’ can only be described as pure fantasy. The British High Commission, KL, with letters to the Star and other papers have shown that they are political people who will follow the government line. Their letters used such obfuscation as ‘UK Citizens free to wear medals’ and the ‘British Government warmly welcomes the award’. How can so called honourable people stoop to such degrading methods just to prove that they can stop civilians from wearing a medal. We have been cheated, lied to, and insulted by unelected members of the establishment when our only crime is that we fought for our Queen and our country and are only asking for justice in a system which has been proven to treat its Service personnel and veterans with contempt.
If Mr. O’Leary did not mean what he said then he should clarify what to some is an ambiguous statement which has upset many (both in the UK and Malaysia) who have experience of the bloodshed leading up to Merdeka. We did not win the ‘hearts and minds’ by being so insensitive.

MACDANGLE,WELL SAID THAT MAN,THE RIGHT OF REPLY ,IS A FUNDAMENTAL ONE ON THIS WEBSITE, I'M REALLY NOT CONCERNED,TOM ABOUT YOUR OPPO'S CHOICE OF WORDS, IF AN INDIVIDUAL WAS' OUTED' ,AS A GONG CHASER ON A WEBSITE,I MYSELF WAS UNAWARE EXISTED,NEVER MIND VISITED,THIS IS NO REFLECTION ON THE 30,000 VETERANS,WHO MUCH TO THEIR GREAT SURPRISE,HAVE BEEN AWARDED THE PJM,BY MALAYSIA,AND NOT SOUGHT.I SUGGEST ANY CRITISISM, OR BITTERNESS YOUR PICKING UP ON,IS THE LEVEL OF BUMBLING INCOMPETANCE,LIE'S ,ETC ,AS PRACTISED,BY FOLK WHO WILL STATE WITHOUT BLUSHING ,THAT THEY WORK TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS,TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM,THIS HAS BEEN STRIPPED BARE,IN A WAY PRIOR TO THE INTERNET ,THAT WOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE,AND WHEN BY DUE PROCESS BY THE STARS IN THIS CAMPAIGN,EVERY ARGUMENT HAS BEEN COUNTERED AND PROVED WRONG,INSTEAD OF BEING SOAKED UP BY A GULLIBLE MEMBERSHIP,AS ACTING TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS,ME FOR ONE WILL BE CRITICAL TO MY HEARTS CONTENT,THE MEDAL ITSELF ,WHILE SIGNIFICANT TO THE GENUINE RECIPIENTS,IS NOT REALLY THE POINT,THERE IS A DEEPER MALAISE,UNDERNEATH.

Post Re: NST Online 
Tom wrote:
My former posts were directed not at the justly deserved and proud recipients of the PJM, but at the tiny minority amongst you who shamelessly hunt medals and boast about their acquisiton. I would humbly direct to you look at the cached items on the ARRSE /Campaign Medals forum where you will find that the users of that forum recently also "rumbled" and outed one such individual.

As I previously stated I wish your campaign well, however I stand by my view that a small minority of your posters make your task very diffucult with comments such as those recently directed at the High Commisioner to Malaysia.

Tom,

I see your phrase 'minority amongst you' as a troublemaking ploy that is not based on fact. I have moderated this web site since the beginning and I have not seen one post to lead me to think anyone here is about shamelessly hunting medals. I don't know what you are trying to achieve, but this web sitye is not the place to try and achieve it.

I also take your continuous sniping at one person as unacceptable. It was shamelessly mischievous of you to direct readers attention to cached items elsewhere - again, a ploy from you to re-open and prolong a matter that has been closed for some time.

Everybody has moved on - I suggest you do likewise.

Admin.

Post Re NST online... 
'Tom',

On a site dedicated to a single issue like the PJM it should not be necessary for Admin to repeatedly remind members to refrain from using the democratic right of freedom of speech to insult and/or ridicule and/or hound others.

It is inappropriate, cowardly and intolerable for members to use their Forum privilege (for such it is!) to attack and humiliate other individuals in such a fashion.

Basic standards of conduct in a civilised society demand that others, including those with whom we disagree, be treated with civility...the Fight4 team have always conducted the business of this campaign with 'the suits' in such a manner and I think I can assure you, with some confidence, that unacceptable behaviour such as demonstrated will NOT long be tolerated on this Forum.

It was Joseph Hall who said: "A reputation once broken may possibly be repaired, but the world will always keep their eyes on the spot where the crack was".

While you demonstrably believe that this admonition applies to certain others 'Tom', you may be assured that members of this forum will now, most assiduously, be maintaining their gaze upon the self induced 'crack' in your own credibility.

Post Re: NST Online 
Tom wrote:
How hypocritical are you people?

Bye, Tom.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next