Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Veterans Day
Post Veterans Day 
The two Brown/Brownes have announced that the main Veterans Day activity on June 27th will be held in Birmingham, Paul Alders where are you??

Are we off to Brum then to poke Brown in the eye?

John

StanW

We have to be careful on this one though, 25th anniversary of The Falklands and 50the Anniversary of Merdeka. FI Vets can now receive their Veterans Badges, I noticed that made the UK News on TV last night

We can't rain on someone elses parade, because that is what this is going to be a FI Day Parade have no doubts, I wonder if by doing this HMG will be upsetting the Argies? They could have turned this into a mass celebration of a Golden Jubilee in Celebrating Merdeka, but then again we gave that up!

In Brum we have a place called the Bull Ring well these past months I have listened to a load of bull comming out of Whitehall.
We Brummies are nice people and you are ALL welcome to join us on Veterans Day.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/news/breakingnews/tm_headline=city-to-host-veterans-day-celebrations&method=full&objectid=18746608&siteid=50002-name_page.html

............and take note of this quote:

The Chancellor, who presented veterans with badges, said: “There is nothing that we will ever do that can adequately thank the millions of men and women who have served their country, and all the veterans here today, for what they have done for us.

CAN ANYONE INFORM I,BEARING IN MIND WHAT' GURDEN THE STEALTH TAX MAESTRO' HAS CONTRIBUTED TO OUR CAMPAIGN,INLIGHT OF HIS COMMENTS CONCERNING VETERANS,OR HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING Question

Post Gordon Brown 
Just sent this one off :-

Dear Chancellor,

I read with interest your comments recorded in the on-line Birmingham Mail today, regarding Veteran celebrations in Birmingham. You are quoted as follows:-

"The Chancellor, who presented veterans with badges, said: “There is nothing that we will ever do that can adequately thank the millions of men and women who have served their country, and all the veterans here today, for what they have done for us".

With respect, I struggle to square those comments with the decision yesterday (ironically Commonwealth Day), announced by the unelected Honours and Decorations Committee, that despite the mountain of evidence and precedents provided, and the EDM support in excess of 200 elected Members of Parliament, still refuse to allow the Pingat Jasa Malaysia to be officially worn by those Veterans to whom it has been awarded. I feel this is yet another snub to those Veterans and more importantly to a friendly Commonwealth country who graciously gave it as they approach the 50th Anniversary of their Independance.

As an elected Member of parliament, the prime mover behind the establishment of Veterans Day, and the possible next Prime Minister, I ask that you use your good offices to overturn this latest decision made by those who do not answer to the electorate of this country.

A humble and disillusioned Veteran.

John Rushton,
(details provided on original)

Kuching.
Post VETERANS DAY HMMM! 
WELL VETS DAY, CO -INCIDENTAL WITH A 25 YR AND 50 YR ANNIVERSARY OF TIMES PAST.FIRSTLY THIS DAY ,MEANS NOTHING TO ME, I DO MY BIT THIS DAY AND EVERYDAY TO THE OLD VETS I KNOW,WHAT DO WE CELEBRATE? WAR,SQUADDIES ON LESS THAN £2 AN HOUR WALKING THE STREETS WITH A WEAPON IN THEIR HANDS,FOR LESS GROSS PAY THAN A 'COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICER',WHO THEN PASSES ALL THEIR REPORTS TO A HIGHLY PAID TWO FINGER TYPIST MASQUERADING AS A POLICEMAN.THIS IS SPIN,NO MORE NO LESS JUST AS BRITISHNESS IS A LEGAL TERM FOR ANY TOERAG.ALL OF US OUT THERE,ARE PROUD OF OUR ROOTS,GORDON BROWN IS A SCOT,IM ENGLISH,TRY TELLING A YANTO HE'S BRITISH OR A PADDY THE SAME,OR A FRENCHMAN HE'S A EUROPEAN.TO FALL IN AND MARCH WITH YOUR OPPO'S ,IN A SHARED EXPERIENCE,IN COMRADESHIP AND REMEMBRANCE,WILL I'M SURE BE A TIME OF SWELLING CHESTS OF PRIDE,COUPLED WITH TEARS OF SADNESS ,FOR THOSE NOT HERE BECAUSE OF THAT SERVICE,THEN WHAT .,PACK UP AND FORGET ABOUT VETERANS WHO SUFFER DAILY,UNTIL NEXT YEAR Question WE HAVE A VERY POINTED REMINDER OF HOW THIS COUNTRY,TREATS ITS VETS RIGHT NOW,NO APPEAL,FROM AN UNELECTED ADVISORY QUANGO,ACTING TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS,PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE SYSTEM,WOT A JOKE,I HAVE WEETABIX FOR BREAKFAST ,NOT NEAT BULLSH*T Exclamation I STILL THINK ,WITHOUT TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM ANYONE,IT IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE A POINT IN BRUM,AFTER ALL WE ARE VETS OURSELVES,JUST A DIFFERENT ERA,I MEAN SELLY OAK CAN'T BE FAR AWAY,LET THE PUBLIC SEE OUR VETS ,YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN DISFIGURED,CRIPPLED,LETS HAVE THEM PUSHING A NHS BED ALONG TOO ,WITH SOME POOR SOD LYING IN HIS OWN SH*T.WE HAVE HAVE BEEN TOLD ,WEARING PJM IS NOT POLICED,THERE'S YOUR QUE NMBVA SHOULD HAVE A SQUAD OF PJM ers ,GONG UP . I AIN'T UP FOR POKING BROWN IN THE EYE,THAT ISN'T RESPECTFUL TO THE THE OCCASION,BUT LET THE PUBLIC SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE OF WHAT BEING A VETERAN MEANS.IN TIMES PAST,FORMER SOLDIERS OF THE GREAT WAR,MARCHED IN THOUSANDS PAST THE CENOTAPH,IN RESPECT OF THEIR COMRADES,WITHOUT THEIR MEDALS UP,INSTEAD THEY WORE PAWN TICKETS,ON THEIR BREASTS,AS THEY WERE SKINT,AND HAD NO WORK,HAVING RETURNED TO A LAND FIT FOR HEROES,AND I FEEL SOMETHING IN THAT STYLE IS ACCECPTABLE,COLD FACT ,NOT RHETORIC,OR SPIN IS POWERFUL STUFF,WHAT SAY Y'ALL.

Post Gordon Brown 
Letter to my MP

"Dear Mr Bayley,

You may be aware that the above Committee finally announced the findings yesterday from their review which the Foreign Secretary had previously announced we could expect at the end of November 2006. Their decision was to once again reject permission to wear the PJM medal.

I have sent a message to The Chancellor, Mr Gordon Brown, which I include below, and is self explanatory. I realise however that as I am not his constituent, he may not be able to persue my request.

Therefore can I request that you raise this matter on my behalf with the Chancellor in your capacity as my Member of Parliament.

Thank you again for your support in the past which I trust will continue.

"Dear Chancellor,

I read with interest your comments recorded in the on-line Birmingham Mail today, regarding Veteran celebrations in Birmingham. You are quoted as follows:-

""The Chancellor, who presented veterans with badges, said: “There is nothing that we will ever do that can adequately thank the millions of men and women who have served their country, and all the veterans here today, for what they have done for us".

With respect, I struggle to square those comments with the decision yesterday (ironically Commonwealth Day), announced by the unelected Honours and Decorations Committee, that despite the mountain of evidence and precedents provided, and the EDM support in excess of 200 elected Members of Parliament, still refuse to allow the Pingat Jasa Malaysia to be officially worn by those Veterans to whom it has been awarded. I feel this is yet another snub to those Veterans and more importantly to a friendly Commonwealth country who graciously gave it as they approach the 50th Anniversary of their Independance.

As an elected Member of parliament, the prime mover behind the establishment of Veterans Day, and the possible next Prime Minister, I ask that you use your good offices to overturn this latest decision made by those who do not answer to the electorate of this country.

A humble and disillusioned Veteran.

John Rushton"".

Thank you in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,

John Rushton"

Details added to original.

Kuching.
Post More Solent Radio 
For any members who might like the opportunity to listen to Barry's stated opinions...Solent Radio are running a program (tomorrow morning MARCH 15TH we are told).

Listen in...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/solent_aod.shtml?solent/julian_clegg_solent

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1