Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Veterans Agency
Right enough David.....but I don't much care whether they consider it to be the 'end of the matter' or no....insofar as we are concerned this show 'stays on the road' just as long as required to get the job done...

Too right Jock, we have the resolve to see this through!

Post Veterans Agency libelling statements 
This morning I received the following letter from the Veterans Agency regarding the disgraceful article they published on their website, and subsequently removed :: Any comments ? Tony

Dear Captain Davies
Thank you for your letter received 30 January 2007 concerning the article on the
Veterans Agency website 'Medals for Past Service'.
I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the format of the article in question and
would like to explain that the Veterans Agency (VA) is entirely responsible for the content
of the website. We do of course publish information that is obtained from other sources,
sometimes outside the Ministry of Defence, however we accept that overall responsibility
lies with us.
The information on our site about which you have complained was obtained from the
Defence Services Secretary - Honours and Ceremonial team some time ago.
Unfortunately, the content was not kept up to date and is now out-dated and inaccurate
in a number of areas. We have removed the article in its entirety from the website until
such time as it can be reviewed and corrected.
I apologise for any upset the inaccurate information caused and I would like to assure
you that it was not the intention of the VA (as part of the Ministry of Defence) to cause
offence to British Veterans or to others who served in operations in Malaya/Malaysia.

Yours sincerely
Ann Moyes
Customer Services Manager

Well Tony. I was so surprised that the VA got their so called information from the Defence Services Secretary - Honours and Ceremonial team. Wink Wink Wink Wink as I am sure you were.

Best wishes,

John

Kuching.

I'm surprised too....who'd a thunkit?

Not me, I'd never of thunkit, but well done Tony for getting at 'em.

Kuching.
Post Veterans Agency 
Rolling Eyes Did you notice that not even the Veterans Agency can get their
act together! Their reply to PaulA's email said that it was 'sponsored' by CS S!
The reply to Kentsboro's letter said it was 'obtained' from CS S! Which is it?
I don't think it is just a matter of semantics.

Well at least you received an apology instead of the usual smokescreen, that still doesn't let those 'disaffected' departments off the hook, perhaps we have rattled a few cages where we need not have if the right decision was made in the first instance.
Rolling Eyes

I have a letter from Miss C Lowe (for Helen Hutson) Customer Services Manager from the VA at Norcross Blackpool where I shall be receiving an update shortly.

Post Veterans Agency 
"quote"
"Unfortunately, the content was not kept up to date and is now outdated
and inaccurate"

My view is that the phrase "not kept upto date and is now outdated" is irrelevant!
Based on various comunications over this site in answers to questions by our members
the the views firmly expressed by MOD, (and implied in the answers from FCO and HD)
were, indeed, ACCURATE!

Post Re: Veterans Agency libelling statements 
Kentsboro wrote:

The information on our site about which you have complained was obtained from the
Defence Services Secretary - Honours and Ceremonial team some time ago.
Unfortunately, the content was not kept up to date and is now out-dated and inaccurate
in a number of areas.

"and is now out-dated and inaccurate in a number of areas."

Absolutely. A more accurate assessment of the the conduct and behaviour of the Defence Services Secretary - Honours and Ceremonial team, I cannot find.

This spokesperson (above), from the veterans Agency, cannot even get the title correct, of that totally discredited unelected Committee.

Post Letters to the Editor. 
This is a copy of a letter published in a wee local newspaper in Dumfriesshire.

Herewith my rejoinder, just emailed to the Editor of the 'Dumfries Courier'

Dear Sir,

Your Dumfries Courier correspondent 'Angry Veteran' makes several significant points with regard to the ludicrous decision issued by the HD Committee. His letter entitled 'Governments Medal Policy Unjust' exposes the incomprehensible edict that veterans may accept the Malaysian Pingat Jasa Malaysia, but are not permitted to wear it.

My congratulations to representatives of the Malaysian Armed Forces for their recognition of the service of these men, described by them in presentation ceremonies as 'heroes'.

On the other hand, how despicable are the utterances of spokespersons for the Ministry of Defence? Do these faceless civil servants never tire of slavishly reiterating the same hackneyed, self-serving, mean-minded myths in their efforts to defend the indefensible?

Remember the Suez Medal? Remember the Arctic Medal/Emblem? Now we have the PJM!

To continue to deny those 'heroes' that a grateful Malaysian nation salutes, their right to wear this medal, is nothing short of a shameful embarrassment to the entire British nation.

John 'Jock' Fenton.
ex-Royal Corps of Signals & 17th Gurkha Division

Well done 'Angry Veteran'!!!

Herewith my rejoinder, just emailed to the Editor of the 'Dumfries Courier'

Dear Sir,

Your Dumfries Courier correspondent 'Angry Veteran' makes several significant points with regard to the ludicrous decision issued by the HD Committee. His letter entitled 'Governments Medal Policy Unjust' exposes the incomprehensible edict that veterans may accept the Malaysian Pingat Jasa Malaysia, but are not permitted to wear it.

My congratulations to representatives of the Malaysian Armed Forces for their recognition of the service of these men, described by them in presentation ceremonies as 'heroes'.

On the other hand, how despicable are the utterances of spokespersons for the Ministry of Defence? Do these faceless civil servants never tire of slavishly reiterating the same hackneyed, self-serving, mean-minded myths in their efforts to defend the indefensible?

Remember the Suez Medal? Remember the Arctic Medal/Emblem? Now we have the PJM!

To continue to deny those 'heroes' that a grateful Malaysian nation salutes, their right to wear this medal, is nothing short of a shameful embarrassment to the entire British nation.

John 'Jock' Fenton.
ex-Royal Corps of Signals & 17th Gurkha Division

Well said Jock. Angry veteran aka Andy.

Er... just remind me once again, as I feel as though I have lost the plot somewhere along the line.

Point 1. We never saught after this medal, it was offered to us by the Agong of Malaysia. Like so many others who received this award, I found out about it on the NMBVA website, and through the link to fight4thepjm. Being so entitled, as informed by telephone by Fred Burden, I made application and in due course, was presented with same at Ipswich.

Point 2. We have never been jealous of current serving members of the armed forces having a chestful of medals. They damned well earned them and as ex service myself, they have my blessing to wear them with honour. As I have said before, and I think that I can safely say, that I have the backing of more than a few individuals, when pointing out, that there are thousands out there who have qualified for a GSM, and never bothered to apply for it, much less know that they are entitled. Ergo, how can we be glory hunters and medal chasers.

Point 3. I resent the fact that an un-named Civil Serpent can make an unqualified statement as sponsor of the VA website, regarding the MoD's inability to justify itself through the media, and allow the VA to make an apology on their behalf. The fact that it was supposed to have eminated from the MoD, and we find that it wasn't, but from the Honours and Decorations Committee, beggars belief. This is the loathsome, gutless attitude that we must now expect from these low lifes.

Point 4. Does the Honours and Decorations Committee now run the MoD... because they are certainly writing the MoD's briefs for them.

Point 5. These vainglorious individuals are so self serving and seeking, that they have not got the intelligence to realise that the total destruction of the British armed forces is imminent. Adolf Hitler must be laughing in his grave, because the Civil Serpents have accomplished what he could never do...destroy our armed forces. He can now say with a triumphant grin...well done though good and faithful servant.

The plot thickens

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2