Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Complaints
Post Complaints 
If you have a problem with a Government Department you can complain to;

Contact our Head Office by:

Post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone:
01625 545745 - Helpline
01625 545740 - Notification helpline
01625 545700 - Switchboard
Fax: 01625 524510
Press and media enquiries:
020 7025 7580 - Phone
020 7025 7588 - Fax
Contacting us by email:
If your enquiry is about a new or existing notification under the Data Protection Act, please email notification@ico.gsi.gov.uk. You may find it helpful to read more about notification and the need to notify before sending your enquiry.

For any other enquiries about the legislation we are responsible for, or to submit a complaint electronically, please use our online enquiries form. You may find it helpful to read more about us or learn more about how to complain before sending your enquiry.

If your enquiry is not about the legislation we are responsible for, please email mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk.

Points to be aware if contacting us by email.

1. Disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

As a public authority all written material, including emails held by us, may be considered for release under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 unless failing with a statutory exemption.

Post FOI ACT 2000 
The following appeared in the Daily Mail and confirms the experience veterans have had when trying to obtain documentation regarding the 'No wear rule' for the PJM. It appears that the democratic rights of citizens are being denied. At the same time the Government and the MOD degrade our armed forces we learn that there are approximately 1000 civil servants in the salary scale Pounds100,000 pa upwards to pounds 300,000 perhaps. Some of these same senior civil servants are fighting tooth and nail to prevent veterans wearing the PJM because of the misguided way they interpolate the Imperial Honours system. I now live in Australia and am sad at what is happening to the country of my birth. I suggest all PJMers keep on at their MPs with a steady barrage of letters and emails to get the no wear rule lifted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=425229&in_page_id=1770

Thanks Hamish for highlighting this very important point, there are a few of us getting very angry in the way obstacles are put in our way regarding GOBBLEDEGOOK speak.

Mad

Post FOI Act. 
I submitted a request under the FOI Act but was told by Edgey Chris that my request was exempt under the Act. He tried to deceive me by failing to quote properly the FOI Act exemption so I requested an Internal Review. This was carried out by another in the FCO who then added her own interpretation of the FOI Act and added her own words to the exemption. It is now with the Information Commissioner but anyone who thinks that he is going to investigate Blair's mob or the Civil Serpents is off their tiny rocker.
It is all a big con trick and they have no intention of conducting open and transparent government. Blair will have to be dragged screaming out of No. 10 and his nail marks on the door will be proof of this. So will the Oranges (Mandarins its the same isn't it?) in the civil service who will have to be treated like all venomous serpents and have their heads cut off (not literally of course as we do not agree with capital punishment - isn't that so Mr Saddam Hussein?).

You speak for yourself, I think that the ultimate punishment and the lack of is where we started to go wrong in this country. The bleeding hearts got their silly way and the s---t in our society (and everyone else's by the look of it) laughed their heads off at us. Evil or Very Mad

Un-politically correct as ever
John

You speak for yourself, I think that the ultimate punishment and the lack of is where we started to go wrong in this country. The bleeding hearts got their silly way and the s---t in our society (and everyone else's by the look of it) laughed their heads off at us. Evil or Very Mad

Un-politically correct as ever
John

John, you have misinterpreted the 'we' in the connection with hanging. The 'we' I mean are this government and the civil serpents. Personally, I would volunteer for the job of hangman (free of charge) if they brought back hanging.

John

Post Re: FOI Act. 
mcdangle wrote:
I submitted a request under the FOI Act but was told by Edgey Chris that my request was exempt under the Act.

Only some 40% of FOI Act requests are ever answered - and then, not always positively.

It is proposed to limit British citizens to one FOI Act request in each three months period ... essentially destroying the heart of the purpose of this Act.

The Deptartment of Constitutional Affairs, which wants to make changes, has a set up consultation process.

Go to http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/freeinformation/#detail to read The Green Ribbon's E-Petition. You may also want to sign up to it!

BarryF wrote:

It is proposed to limit British citizens to one FOI Act request in each three months period ... essentially destroying the heart of the purpose of this Act.

Whilst one person may have only one FOI Request, there are a lot of us.

One question each, should do the trick? Especially if it is placed through your MP as well?

John Feltham wrote:
BarryF wrote:

Whilst one person may have only one FOI Request, there are a lot of us.

One question each, should do the trick? Especially if it is placed through your MP as well?

Perfick!

1,500 members plus one friend times 4 questions each =12,000Questions per year.
Civil Servants when are you going to think things through before opening your mouths.
Limit me to one question per year if you want too I can still get round it.
Tell the truth in the first place and you will not get all these questions.

Tell the truth in the first place and you will not get all these questions.

Indeedy. All they have to do is answer questions.

I submitted six FOIA's on one day because Edgey OBE ( 0 Bloody Enquiries answered) would not answer one simple question. Maybe he had misled me earlier and so found that he could not answer.

I posted those FOIAs on Friday 8th December to arrive on his desk (I made sure he had to sign for them) on Monday 11th December. He sent an email to me at about 19.30hrs that Monday evening saying he had left the FCO.

You can draw your own conclusions.

I have drawn mine and there is nothing they can say or do to stop me believeing that, having deliberately sat on Paul's files for a year and having obfuscated the truth for two years, Edge had nowhere to go. You do not let the Main Man leave the key department of his own free will when some very serious business (the PJM/HD Committee issue) is unfinished ... and remember that Edge drafted that discredited Ministerial Statement. He would have much to answer for ... if he was still there! Which is why he isn't. If you see what I mean.

Barry

PS Remember the Arctic Emblem debacle? The lead man there 'disappeared', too. (John Sinfield)

The 'Honours List' usually has a statement as to why somebody received a gong.

Edge's Epilogue simply says "former First Secretary". So he got his gong for being 'former'! Was it a case of go quietly and here's something if you keep your mouth shut?

It had to be something like that cos you don't get an 'Honour' just for doing the job you're paid to do, do you??? Or do you if you're a suit in the FCO Honours Department?

Edge's Epilogue simply says "former First Secretary". So he got his gong for being 'former'! Was it a case of go quietly and here's something if you keep your mouth shut?

The Official Web Site document has it in a different light. One that I appreciate much, much more.

"Christopher James EDGE
Lately First Secretary, Foreign and Commonwealth Office"

I love it - "Lately"

i must thank my dear aussie wife for getting me out of britain, THANKS EILEEN.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1