Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
HM Document
Post HM Document 
Help is required.

Could someone or all of you if you like send in a request to Denis Brennan

denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

and ask for a copy of the Document that Her Majesty signed saying we can accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) but formal permission to wear will not be granted.

They will no longer answer me.

You best state in your email "Under the Freedom of Informatiom Act I request a copy etc etc"

Post Re: HM Document 
Paul Alders wrote:
Help is required.

Could someone or all of you if you like send in a request to Denis Brennan

denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk

and ask for a copy of the Document that Her Majesty signed saying we can accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) but formal permission to wear will not be granted.

They will no longer answer me.

You best state in your email "Under the Freedom of Informatiom Act I request a copy etc etc"

Paul

I have been assured a reply to this topic by HMG by 15th December 2006. It is taking longer than the normal 20 days (in fact HMG have informed me it will 40 days), I guess they have to hunt for imaginery files and signatures, this is why there has been an extension to the 'hoped' for November deadline IMO. They have not got such a document, they know it, we know it. Pond Life is usually dormant at this time of the year in the UK but not around Whitehall. Mandarins are about though.......... Rolling Eyes

I do not believe there is such a document but if a few of the troops could put in requests they will have to put up one way or another.

Post HM Document 
I have emailed as requested under the heading of "Freedom of Information Act 2000" quoting the opening phrases of the Act:

1. - (1) Any person making a request for information to a public authority is entitled-

(a) to be informed in writing by the public authority whether it holds information of the description specified in the request, and
(b) if that is the case, to have that information communicated to him.

I have been very polite with my request, and would expect a polite reply - we'll see !

This exemption is public interest tested.
http://www.foi.gov.uk/yourRights/exemptions.htm#37

I think we've been here before and so can draw this one to a conclusion - and I want to avoid getting covered in chalk dust!

She-who-must-be-obeyed always likes to have the last word but never does. I do. I just say to her "Yes!".

But here I would just like to add that I understand even exemptions under the Act can be questionned to establish whether they would actually cause harm or not ... or whether the exemption is simply being invoked to cover somebosy's back!

In this case the exemption would probably do harm - to HM - and therefore it would be in the public interest to reveal the info. Cos without openness nobody can be sure of what She signed ... if anything.

Fin, I think.

Last edited by BarryF on Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: HM Document 
Kentsboro wrote:
I have been very polite with my request, and would expect a polite reply - we'll see !

Looking forward to hearing if you get a result, Tony!

Barry

Post Re HM Document 
Barry,

I have sent a missile to Denis Brennan, and copied to you. Post it on the site will you.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Re HM Document 
Arthur R-S wrote:
Barry,

I have sent a missile to Denis Brennan, and copied to you. Post it on the site will you.

Great stuff, Arthur!

Here, readers, is Arthur's billet doux to Denis the Menace:

07/12/2006 20:10
To: denis.brennan@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk
cc: barry@fight4thepjm.org
Subject: The Pingat Jasa Malaysia

I formally request, under the Freedom of Information Act, a copy of the document signed by Her Majesty the Queen, granting to those entitled, permission to receive the award, but not to wear.

Your refusal to comply, would clearly indicate, that no such document exists. If it did, you would have no reason whatsoever, to withold the document.

Go on. Astound me. Prove me wrong.

Yours sincerely

Arthur Rambart-Spicer.

Post The Document. 
I think it was Elleri Pengelly who said in a letter that such a document exists and is in the files of the cabinet office. Now 'they' do not tell lies so it must be there. You will remember David Mundell MP on 7th. November, 2006, asked in the house if we could have this document placed in the library but the PM Teflone Tone replied that 'information relating to internal advice is not disclosed as to do so could harm the frankness and candour of internal discussion'. Humbug, we will get to see it eventually, they are just playing silly buggers as usual. They are definitely trying to conceal something. Wake up and smell the coffee Denis!

Having once served on the Thor Missile Sites, I do like your type of missile.

Daring Daphne small but sprite
Sat out side a missile site
Flat upon her shapely back
On the cold wet perry track
Though she has a peaceful mind
She’s suffering from a THOR behind

Post Thor Missile Sites 
Hi Paul,

Loved the ode. Don't you just love laid back women.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1