Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Stripped of MBE
Post Stripped of MBE 
When you get to the last paragraph, stop and think if you can think of another recently awarded OBE that could be stripped for the same reasons

Londo Daily Telegraph. 4 Jan 2007

Prince Naseem stripped of MBE after crash

By Daily Telegraph Correspondent
Last Updated: 2:01am GMT 02/01/2007

The boxer Prince Naseem Hamed has been stripped of his MBE.

The honour was revoked following the former world champion's 15-month prison sentence for dangerous driving.

Hamed, 32, was driving his £320,000 Mercedes McLaren at more than 90mph on the wrong side of the road when he crashed head-on into Anthony Burgin's Volkswagen Golf in May 2005. Mr Burgin, whose car was hurled backwards, had every major bone in his body broken.
advertisement

Hamed, of Wyvern Gardens, Dore, Sheffield, was freed from Moorland open prison in Doncaster in September after serving 16 weeks. He was not available for comment yesterday.

But the featherweight's former trainer, Brendan Ingle, said losing the MBE would be a "terrible blow".

"He will be very upset," said Ingle. "It is really sad the way things have turned out. But you have to have sympathy for Mr Burgin, he was the innocent party."

Notice of the award's withdrawal was given in The London Gazette, an official newspaper of the Crown.

It read: "The Queen has directed that the appointment of Naseem Hamed to be a Member of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire, dated 31 December 1998, shall be cancelled and annulled and that his name shall be erased from the Register of the said Order."

A Cabinet Office official said: "Forfeiture is considered if evidence comes to light that someone has done something which shows they shouldn't have received an honour."

GO ON THEN,WAS IT, ER, UMM, DAS' KONIFER' Question ACTUALLY ,THERE IS A CONVICTED PERJURER ,PEER OF THE REALM, TO BOOT WED TO ONE FRAGANT MARY,WHO STILL ENJOYS THE PERKS OF TITLE,NATURALLY AS MOST LORDSHIPS ARE SONS OF TWATS THIEVES ETC ,HE STILL FITS IN NICELY.

I can think of LOTS more honours that should be stripped, starting with the ones issued to the pathetic current England cricket team Mad

As for those in the CS / Houses of etc, I feel sure we all have an opinion on those 'gentlemen' and 'ladies'.

On a more happier note --- trust all had a Happy New Year ?

Smile

Can anyone tell me, why Lord Archer, was not stripped of his title following his prison sentence, but Prince Nassem, was stripped of his 'gong' for his?
After all, we must show equality in our condemnation of miscreants, or have the 'suits' been selective once again in misapplying the rules.

Yours Aye

Arthur

[quote="George F"][quote="Arthur R-S"]Can anyone tell me, why Lord Archer, was not stripped of his title following his prison sentence, but Prince Nassem, was stripped of his 'gong' for his? Yours Aye Arthur[/quote]

Because Lord Archer knew to much about hanky panky going on by those in high office whereas Prince Nassem had no knowledge at all.[/quote]
RIGHT LETS HAVE A HIGH OFFICE HANKY PANKY LIST;THE PRINCE OF WALES Embarassed PRIME MINISTER JOHN MAJOR & EDWINA WIDE-THIGHS Embarassed FERGIE TOE LIKKKA Embarassed EDDY & THE ROYAL MARINES Embarassed RON THE BADGER HUNTER Embarassed AARTONE,GIMME GIMME,BUTCH & A BEE GEE Embarassed BIFFO ,MINISTER FOR COCK UPS Embarassed BANG BANG,SIR IAN AARTONE Embarassed REDASBO,NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE JOK Embarassed CHIEF WOODENTOP OF DERBYSHIRE Embarassed LYING LORD ARCHER,'FIRST AMONGST LOWLIFE' Embarassed YOU GET THE IDEA,AS FOR NASSEM ,HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE,SPECIALLY OF THE HIGHWAY CODE Exclamation SAW A PHOTO OF HIM RECENT,PUTTING ON WEIGHT,TOO MANY PORK PIE'S.BLAST I THINK I'VE JUST FORFITED A PJM Exclamation

Yours now informed

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1