Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Wazzup?
Post Wazzup? 
The kids today talk in this text speak, so I have to say to The CO/FCO/MoD/HD Committee why does it take so long to go through 53 pages of a rebuttal and less time to go through 6 pages of The Queens Petition, WAZZUP?

Don't, please blame the ex servicemen, we didn't concoct a stupid NO WEAR Rule so we have to ask questions of you as to why you brought this work load on yourselves. So what is there to consider? That a bunch of blokes in their 60/70's and beyond want to wear a medal bestowed on them by the King of a Foreign Country, so where is the problem in that?

God some of those guys in the Jungle had to make a split second decision as to whether a CT or an innocent Indo is hiding in the scrub. The Sailor had to identify his target and so too did the pilot of a very fast jet. The decisions were instant, they had to be.

The decision by the HD Committee took months to deliberate on, then they got it wrong, now they are looking at it again, what is it do they not understand I wonder? They are of 8 people who have to make a decision who bring misery to anything up to 35000 blokes who made one decision to serve its Monarch and Country, then they turn round and kick those same guys in The Christmas Crackers. There is no sound reason why they can't just look at the Queens Petition or The Rebuttal to just put up their hands and say 'Sorry Guys, we got this one wrong'

It doesn't take bravery or a face saving exercise, it just takes commonsense, have they the guts to admit they have Confused

Post WAZZUP 
Well, I think this might explain a few things for you.

Groupthink -

Within group decision making procedures, the tendency for the various members of a group to try to achieve consensus, The need for agreement takes priority over the motivation to try to obtain accurate information and knowledge, to make appropriate decisions.
This tendency has been advanced as the prime reason that politicians and civil servants operating in small closed groups make such disasterous decisions.

and their defence-

The McNaghten Rule - A legal precedent for the establishment of a insanity defence, set in the House of Lords in 1843. It states that a person is not to be held responsible for a crime if he/she 'was labouring under such a deficit of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act; or if he did not know it, that he did not know that what he was doing was wrong'

Hope that clarifies the matter.

Yours Aye

Arthur

After my first heart attack, 20 years ago next month, a group of us had a psychoanalyst take us on a therapy mission for 6 weeks, his interest with us was time, you know the stuff throw away the watches, life to you now is a bonus so time does not matter! Well it worked for me being on that tropic island with those waves gently swirling around my feet brought reality into todays living.

Your quote here >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Groupthink -

Within group decision making procedures, the tendency for the various members of a group to try to achieve consensus, The need for agreement takes priority over the motivation to try to obtain accurate information and knowledge, to make appropriate decisions.
This tendency has been advanced as the prime reason that politicians and civil servants operating in small closed groups make such disasterous decisions.

and their defence-

The McNaghten Rule - A legal precedent for the establishment of a insanity defence, set in the House of Lords in 1843. It states that a person is not to be held responsible for a crime if he/she 'was labouring under such a deficit of reason from disease of the mind as not to know the nature and quality of the act; or if he did not know it, that he did not know that what he was doing was wrong'

Appears very valid, a bit like B Liars Cabinet really as long as you (Other Ministers) are on my wavelength we can appear to agree, not that you yourself are ever likely to meet with these people I understand where you are coming from. Time is obviously important to these EIGHT as they are still living in the Far Off Empire (FOE I might adopt that as my signature!)

Post Wazzup 
Could there be a final act of spite here. Waiting until after the 12th?
Just a thought.

Kuching.
Post Re: Wazzup 
Semengo13 wrote:
Could there be a final act of spite here. Waiting until after the 12th?
Just a thought.

Some of us think that John! They did it to The Governor General of Australia, they can do it to us, if they do, next June 27th is Veterans Day, well we Vets have a V E R Y L O N G Memory and we will be a very formidable force leaning ten degrees to port! Shocked

We still have this power you know, to make every email count in this campaign, let us remind those desk jockeys that we continue as normal until this review is announced, hopefully then we can all go home. I know the anger felt for those that have received the PJM in not having that right to wear said medal by Saturday/Sunday. I just think that the UK Government haven't just let down all our comrades in arms but themselves too, I really cannot come to terms with my Government doing this to my colleagues, I feel ashamed! Embarassed

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wazzup 
Couldn't agree more John C. My latest 3 missives will be up on the Forum shortly.

Yes we do have long memories and they should take note of that. I feel so strongly about this that I am wearing my GSM for the very first time along with a replica PJM I have bought just so they could not deny me my right to wear it on Sunday.

Love the pig connection Ro5 Wink

Last edited by Semengo13 on Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kuching.
Started my day off nicely that 'pig' scenario Very Happy

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1