Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
PJM on Parade
Post PJM on Parade 
I have just forwarded this to our man in Whitehall

FAO Mr Denis Brennan
Ceremonial Secretariat to The UK Government

Dear Denis

I am being presented with my Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal in Colchester on Sunday October 1st 2006 but I am one of few recipients who will be presented with two PJMs the other being a posthumous award on behalf of my father where we served in Malaya together.

It is my intention to wear both these medals after this ceremony takes place, I feel honoured to be the recipient of such an award but embarrassed that I cannot 'officially' wear either on HM The Queens explicit instructions.

I am honouring 519 of my fellow servicemen that made the ultimate sacrifice in The Malayan Emergency and so to my father whom I hold the highest regard for and who served his King, Queen and Country for over 32 years.

The only problem I have is knowing which side of my blazer should I wear this award, I know that mine is traditionally worn on the left side and that next of kins medals on the right side, however in recent years it would appear that both medals are worn on the left side, can you please confirm which is correct.

Thank you

Yours sincerely
John Cooper

Congratulations on receiving the PJM. like you when I eventually receive my PJM I should also receive a posthumous one for my twin brother.

I asked the same question some months ago of H.M. The Queen I also asked whether it would be even acceptable to wear the posthumous award.......still waiting for a reply.

Bob

Post Re: PJM on Parade 
George F wrote:
John Cooper wrote:

I am being presented with my Pingat Jasa Malaysia medal in Colchester on Sunday October 1st 2006
[/i]

John, this is great news, can you tell us how many veterans are being presented with the PJM medal at this presentation, and who is doing the presentation?

George F

At the moment George all I know is that I have been invited to this event at 1030hrs to receive both my own and fathers medals

http://www.nmbva.co.uk/colchesterDedicationService.htm

Very glad to hear that you are being presented with your own and your father's PJM. I know you will wear them with pride and tell them to stuff their rules about not wearing them. Andy.

I'm happy for you too John!......and I sincerely hope that there will be a circle of media types surrounding you as you exit wearing your brace of PJM's....I'd give a dollar to listen to the quotes you'll provide!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1