Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
It's Official! Dual nationality? You can wear the PJM, but
Post It's Official! Dual nationality? You can wear the PJM, but 
... only in Australia.

It beggars belief how these people wriggle, clench their buttocks, grit their teeth, narrow their eyes before giving a millimetre to the honourable PJM.

Why the hell don’t they just say you have official permission to wear it and be done with this colossal waste of everyone's time!

Here is the clarification "you can wear it, dual nationality people ... but ONLY in Australia, you understand ... don't try and wear it in this Imperial Honours System country ... it just ain't respectable to do so .. " that Hamish managed to extract from the Cabinet Office.

Barry

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/cabinet_office_to_hamish_dualnatscanwear_p1.jpg

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/documents/cabinet_office_to_hamish_dualnatscanwear_p2.jpg

Post Do do? ... nah! Dodo! 
George F wrote:
What about veterans who have dual nationality in the other 15 commonwealth countries the Queen is head of state, are they also allowed to wear the PJM?

Does this mean if I attend a remembrance day parade in Dublin I can wear the PJM medal because thats a foreign country but I am not allowed to wear it if attend a battle of the Atlantic parade in Londonderry which is still in the UK. Monty Python Flying Circus all over again all we need is John Cleese appearing in the cabinet office carrying a dead parrot under his arm.

George,

As I understand it, the Cabinet Office is saying that anyone who had to submit an application to the British because they were British citizens at the time they earned the PJM, and who has dual nationality, can wear their PJM in the country of their other nationality ... but not, perish the thought, in the UK. Can't have that, can we! They might just get a bit of pride and joy out of their reward for their service ... and that simply will not do!

As for the parrot, there was more humanity in that ex-species than in a cage full of MoD/FCO/HD dodo's.

John Reid and Des Browne could appear at PM's question time as ( wear the PJM in Scotland) supporters dressed in kilts and carrying dead capercailles.

...Things could get a lot worse than that...it isn't the first time that irritated Scottish soldiers have crossed the border...wearing kilts to be sure, but carrying Claymores, Claybegs, Dirks and Skean Dhub's!!...mind you last time this happened they (the Scots) developed such a thirst with all that marching, that by the time they reached Derby, they stopped there for a few pints and then, having decided it was hardly worth their trouble, they toddled off home.

Nah....such a formation would eliminate me from particpation...Barry; I have no problem with... the 'white horse' is out though...I already spent way too much of my time, in the service following 'Horse's Asses'!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1