Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Our Legal Eagle's View is that You Can Wear it with Honour!
Post The General's View 
The recently retired head of the Army, General Sir Richard Dannatt took the Salute at the Parade on Armed Forces Day in Southend (27th June 2009). After the Parade he spent considerable time talking to us veterans. I asked him how he felt about the PJM confrontation. He said he was aware of the problems and that if he himself had received the Medal he would have been proud to wear it. Tapping his ribbons he said he was too young to have served during the qualifying period (he joined Army in the 1970's), but agrees with our line on the matter.

As an aside he added that if any of us got thrown in the Tower of London he would look after us, since his new appointment was Constable of the Tower of London. It is great that we have such support in high places.

MIKE O.
Ex RAF Borneo

It's very heartening to know that the like of Gen Dannatt are aware of our plight and on our side. The fact is that there are so many who are with us, from generals to senior politicians and so far as my experience is concerned having worn the PJM lapel badge since 2006 and the medal itself occasionall since 2007, every member of the public who has approached to ask for details. Unfortunately I very much doubt that any PJMer will be able to take advantage of Gen Dannatt's kind offer of comradely treatment in The Tower because the serpents know only too well that having one of 'us' arrested would be a very likely way of of less than kindly treatment for them.

Watcha, Mike me ole' M8,

What interests me more is the treatment he might, if encouraged, give to the serpents if and when they ever finish up in the Tower.

David

I find it very difficult to 'hate' anyone, but my dislike of those who have seemingly delighted in prolonging our fight thus far are certainly stretching my patience. The best that could happen to them, should they be so lucky to be put under the wardship of Gen Dannatt, would be to be sent to Afghanistan to observe closely what being on Active Service actually means.

Six months should be long enough to get them to see the meaning of a well earned medal, and just as they think they are due to go home to a safe cell they should be told that they will remain in order to find out what the average National Service bod had to endure in the 1950s. Three 6s=18 and some of us did longer than 18 months without a break, let alone the luxury of official leave.

I speak only from the viewpoint of one such Nat Service bod.

Although not National Service myself, I, like a great number of ex service people, can bear witness to the deprevations that national service people went through.

I did notice that when the PM went to Afghanistan for a visit to the troops, there was not a civil servant in sight.

Perhaps the safety and comfort of a well air conditioned 5 star hotel, had its compensations for those who ventured out of Whitehall.

Think of the potential for danger. Cold soup of the day, the occasional fly in your beer. Oh what deprivations they would have to suffer. The risk and rigour rule would then have to be applied retrospectively, but certainly not over five years, you understand.

I have now got a space age PC monitor. The last one blew up. This wouldn't have anything to do with 'crusher' in Whitehall, would it? It would appear to have all the hallmarks of his handywork.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

Post With apologies to Peter Brookes 

From what I've read, sub rosa Arthur, that Crusher bloke seems to have his fingers in all sorts of places no decent person would consider....except perhaps a bent proctologist. I suggest we retire to to the sub regions to discuss this further lest the ears at the wainscot start blaming each other.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2