Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
REQUEST FOR INFO ON PJM
Post REQUEST FOR INFO ON PJM 
I LIKE THOUSANDS MORE PUT IN MY APPLICATION FOR PJM AROUND A YEAR AGO,SINCE WHEN,SEEN LOTS OF POSTINGS REGARDING AWARD OF THIS MEDAL,EITHER EN MASSE,OR INDIVIDUALLY,I HAVN'T CHASED UP ANYONE TO EVEN SEE IF MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED,NEVER MIND APPROVED,I DON'T WANT TO BURDEN FRED OF NMBVA,FOR OBVIOUS REASONS,AND CONTACTING ,M.O.D. IS SOMETHING I WILL NOT DO ON PRINCIPLE,THEY CAN GO HANG,( THKS MR MUGABE FOR THAT ONE),IS THERE A DEFINATIVE LIST AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC SCRUTINY ,SAY FROM M.H.C. JUST A THOUGHT FOR THE BODS IN SAME SITUATION,WITHOUT BOGGING DOWN ANYONE BY SHEER WEIGHT OF NUMBERS.ME I'D LIKE MINE IN GOOD TIME FOR FOR REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY,AND IT WILL BE WORN ,IN RESPECT OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY,AND THOSE WHO DIDN'T COME BACK.

Post Re: REQUEST FOR INFO ON PJM 
ro5=6372 wrote:
I LIKE THOUSANDS MORE PUT IN MY APPLICATION FOR PJM AROUND A YEAR AGO,SINCE WHEN,SEEN LOTS OF POSTINGS REGARDING AWARD OF THIS MEDAL,EITHER EN MASSE,OR INDIVIDUALLY,I HAVN'T CHASED UP ANYONE TO EVEN SEE IF MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED,NEVER MIND APPROVED,I DON'T WANT TO BURDEN FRED OF NMBVA,FOR OBVIOUS REASONS,AND CONTACTING ,M.O.D. IS SOMETHING I WILL NOT DO ON PRINCIPLE,THEY CAN GO HANG,( THKS MR MUGABE FOR THAT ONE),IS THERE A DEFINATIVE LIST AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC SCRUTINY ,SAY FROM M.H.C. JUST A THOUGHT FOR THE BODS IN SAME SITUATION,WITHOUT BOGGING DOWN ANYONE BY SHEER WEIGHT OF NUMBERS.ME I'D LIKE MINE IN GOOD TIME FOR FOR REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY,AND IT WILL BE WORN ,IN RESPECT OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY,AND THOSE WHO DIDN'T COME BACK.

Hi Pete,

I've sent you a PM.

Barry

Same goes for me. applied through MBVA a year ago and not heard a thing. However an oppo here in Oz who applied a couple of months after me received his a while ago. He applied through MBVA and then through the contact in Oz (I was advised not to apply through both channels). It would be nice to get some indication that our application had been processed and it was just a matter of waiting for distribution.

Same goes for me. applied through MBVA a year ago and not heard a thing. However an oppo here in Oz who applied a couple of months after me received his a while ago. He applied through MBVA and then through the contact in Oz (I was advised not to apply through both channels). It would be nice to get some indication that our application had been processed and it was just a matter of waiting for distribution.

I also live in Oz and I have done exactly the same as Ivor in every respect. Last week I phoned MHC in London and was told that my PJM had been posted out but they couldn't tell me when, so now I am waiting in the hope that it hasn't been lost in the mail. I will be in NZ for 3 weeks from 31 March so I hope it arrives before then but if it doesn't I will call MHC again when I return but I don't like doing that because I know the guy at MHC is doing his best.

Len Pritchard from NZ has placed this on my forum, so hang in there you Ex Pats

For those expats awaiting the arrival of their PJM I have just heard from the National Secretary of the Malay and Borneo Veterans Assn. that the Malaysian High Commission in London is issuing the medal by post to all overseas applicants. Unfortunately this is not happening very quickly and he has no idea how long it will take as there are over 17,000 applicants world wide.

Thanks for that John.............I guess we must be patient. I am off to NZ in the morning and will be catching up with an old mate from my Borneo days while I am there. He is also a bit anxious about his PJM so I will pass the message on to him.
Cheers, Ken

It is surprising that so many Vets still do not know of The PJM award, I had another from New Zealand the other day had not heard of the news, there is only one place to point such late arrivals and that is to these web pages and forum which has everthing anyone wishes to know about The PJM.

We also know it is a 'must read' from the suits, I see you are still sticking with the Empire all you Humphries in Whitehall?

Rolling Eyes

Received my PJM this morning by registered mail from MHC in London. They have done a good job considering the logistics of getting them out and I might add without the assistance of the MOD. Well done MHC.

Received my PJM this morning by registered mail from MHC in London. They have done a good job considering the logistics of getting them out and I might add without the assistance of the MOD. Well done MHC.

Just in time for ANZAC Day huh? Smile

Post PJM Ribbon Colours 
Have I missed an earlier explanation of the significance of the colours on the PJM Ribbon ? - I have trawled the site and cannot find any.
I would be grateful to anyone who could help.

Thanks

Kenstboro....an Aussie site but one that will answer your query.....
http://www.defence.gov.au/medals/Content/+040%20Campaign%20Medals/+050%201945-1975/+100%20PJM/

Regards

Post PJM colours. 
Jock.

Thanks for the above, I had not until now realised the significance. I like, "Chivalry," but do not feel I can claim the "Galantry" bit....but I am nonetheless flatterd.

Next Monday I shall be meeting up with McDangle and some of his mates of the KOSB in Edinburgh to visit the Malaysia Pavilion.....GSM and PJM on display, I'm told. For both it will be their first outing for me, therefore the need of support from real soldiers. Decent food was always my priority and I'm told that chefs have been flown over to supply the best. That will be a first too. Fiddling with my gongs at the moment since they are not mounted...and they will have to be fixed to my blazer. My only suit seems to have shrunk over the years. Will do my best for us Corps bods and give you an email report.

MB.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1