Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Sunday Mirror: MoD misinformation
Finally uncovered a 'feedback' link and sent off the following to be forwarded as appropriate:
===========================================================

Dear Editor.

I am deeply concerned by misinformation recently disseminated by the Sunday Mirror.

Two consecutive issues have quoted 'MoD sources' with PJM medal information which is categorically incorrect...and has, transparently, come from civil servants eager to discredit the legitimate campaign by Malaya/Borneo veterans, who have banded together, world-wide, and are fighting to actively redress this callous and shameful injustice.Thousands of veterans are deciding, en-masse, to openly defy the mean spirited ban on the wearing of the medal awarded them by the grateful nation of Malaysia.

Is there not clearly some massive incongruity in an 'Honours System' that will cheerfully decorate highly paid and privileged, deskbound senior civil servants, with medals and other honours, whilst concurrently denying the aging veterans of two bitter jungle campaigns the right to wear their, battle won, honour?

The preposterous claim that such a restriction is necessary to the cause of protecting 'the integrity of the Imperial Honours System' is an even greater incongruity, which merely serves to highlight the fact, that usage of the term 'integrity' as applied to that perverted process, exemplifies little more than tragically inappropriate phrasing.

How very convenient that all of the (so-called) 'rules' governing the acceptance and wear of medals, administered by the Honours and Decorations Committee, are described as being, 'discretionary in nature'.....Which loosely translates as; 'This permits us to arbitrarily manipulate the rules, irrespective of merit, to attain pre-determined conclusions, entirely to our own satisfaction'!

If perhaps you would be interested in hearing the factual aspects of the argument as formulated by the disenfranchised veteran recipients, please respond to this email providing contact information...I'd be absolutely delighted to put you in touch with experts in the field, who will in turn, be equally delighted to accommodate you, with much illuminating information.

'Jock' Fenton
Chairman; Fight4thePJM Association.

Post Mirror online editorial staff 
Idea

Jock

the best I can come up with is:

website editor - Steve Purrcell : steve.percell@mirror.co.uk

Online editorial:

Ben Rankin Deputy Editor: ben.rankin@mirror.co.uk

Beth Hardie online journalist: beth.hardie@mirror.co.uk

Anyway, a start?

Thanks GLOman....appreciated....I tried an alternate route as you will understand from my previous post but will retain these supplied by you for future reference.

.....we'll keep pluggin' away!

Been away and have just caught up on this one.

Have posted the following on their web site:

The MoD's Misrepresentation of the Truth

I think the Sunday Mirror has been sold a duff budgie by the MoD! The Queen made no such ruling (ask the Cabinet Office who told us She was never asked to deny us the right to wear the PJM). Indeed, ask the MoD why the Queen would say what they said She said when in truth the majority of us never received a British medal to be devalued.

The PJM was awarded to Commonwealth forces by Malaysia and the Queen has already given permission to the Aussies and Kiwis to wear the PJM and they also qualified for British medals the same as us … so is She saying “One ‘rule’ for them and another ‘rule’ for you Brits?” .

PS I have a list of over 40 British medals that double other medals … which makes a bit of a nonsense of what the MoD have been saying. Would you like to see it?

Post A PS 
Just sent this to the Sunday Mirror:

"
BarryF wrote:
I think the Sunday Mirror has been sold a duff budgie by the MoD!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

The MoD told you that the wearing of the PJM would devalue a British medal (for the minority who have one). But what they didn't tell you is that behind your back they were planning something which contradicts their statement to you. Despite what they told you, they have now said it can be worn. In August/September.

So now we have our own Government arranging to devalue the Queen's British medal.

Can these people get nothing right?

PS Are you going to allow them to pull the wool over your eyes without questioning them? Has our press lost its capacity for investigative journalism ... and for their role in the protection of ordinary men and women?"

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2