Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
"Cut to the chase"
Post "Cut to the chase" 
I have noticed on the "What we say" section of the website,that the "cut to the chase" criteria makes a reference to the eligibilty dates for the PJM from the 31st August 1957 to 12th August 1966 !. Surely this is wrong as the cut off date was extended to the 31st December 1966 to cover the cooling off period ? Any Vet who served after the 12th August who read that would surely believe that they would not qualify and would not apply ?. Anybody agree with me ?.

You are not alone in your confusion!...if you care to click on 'The PJM' link on the banner above and read the text given there, I think it might provide an answer to your question?...It is as follows...

"Those who were on the posted strength of a unit or formation, and who served in the prescribed operational area of Malaysia and Singapore, in direct support of operations in Malaysia, for 90 days or more, in the aggregate, as follows:

(1) Malaysia during the period 31 August 1957 to 31 December 1966 inclusive; or

(2) Singapore during the period 31 August 1957 to 9 August 1965 inclusive.

Service between 12 August 1966 and 31 December 1966 will only be aggregated as qualifying service if a member was posted for operations to Malaya or Malaysia on or before 12 August 1966."

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1