Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Television Programme BBC2 Monday 27th November 2006
Post Television Programme BBC2 Monday 27th November 2006 
Gentlemen - I have checked my on-line Radio Times to confirm the time of the BBC2 Television programme concerning the recent visit of KOSB to Malaysia, as mentioned by several people, and find to my dismay that the published programme is something entitled "It's not easy being Green" !. Can anyone help ?

Post Re: Television Programme BBC2 Monday 27th November 2006 
Kentsboro wrote:
Gentlemen - I have checked my on-line Radio Times to confirm the time of the BBC2 Television programme concerning the recent visit of KOSB to Malaysia, as mentioned by several people, and find to my dismay that the published programme is something entitled "It's not easy being Green" !. Can anyone help ?

Hmmm ... Good point. I'll check, Kentsboro. Is this progamme to be broadcast just in Scotland, I wonder?

Post Television Programme 
Thanks for that Barry - sorry to say you are right. If anyone wants to check the on-line Radio Times, you'll see that it's called "The Forgotten War". It is on BBC2 SCOTLAND only. Anyone out there know how we sassanachs can get it down here?

Post Re: Television Programme 
Kentsboro wrote:
Thanks for that Barry - sorry to say you are right. If anyone wants to check the on-line Radio Times, you'll see that it's called "The Forgotten War". It is on BBC2 SCOTLAND only. Anyone out there know how we sassanachs can get it down here?

I shall "telephone a friend" and ask him to video it but, as sure as eggs become omelettes in MoD hands, it'll not be recorded properly and so if anyone else can oblige ....??

If you have Sky then you can get BBC Scotland.

John

If you have Sky then you can get BBC Scotland.

Perfick!

I don't have Sky ("she who must be obeyed" gave it its marching orders after one particular price rise) but my children do (very handy for Sport - and a coldie is always on offer when I pop round to watch ... and then nod off). Anyway, I can get to view the Forgotten War. Next Monday, it will not be a coldie but a glass of "Claret" - it being more in keeping as I shall remember my own very small part in that particular Forgotten War.

Does anyone know what Sky channel number is BBC2 Scotland?

David Pearce

Post Forgotten War. 
Donald Fairgrieve, ex - KOSB Officer, who was on the KOSB trip says Cameron Buckle, the BBC Panorama chap was hoping it would be on all BBC 2 channels but just in case it is only on BBC 2 Scotland, a number of people have been primed to record it.

John

Post Re: Forgotten War. 
mcdangle wrote:
Donald Fairgrieve, ex - KOSB Officer, who was on the KOSB trip says Cameron Buckle, the BBC Panorama chap was hoping it would be on all BBC 2 channels but just in case it is only on BBC 2 Scotland, a number of people have been primed to record it.

Hmmmm!

Has the MoD got at the Beeb?

I wouldn't put it past them

David Pearce

Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Exactly two years ago BBC 2 ran a short TV series titled 'Empire Warriors.' of which one programme covered the emergency. Sadly through lack of publicity, mosts vets missed seeing it. I wonder if the BBC, have now rebranded 'Empire Warriors,' into 'The Forgotten Wars'?

I wonder if the BBC, have now rebranded 'Empire Warriors,' into 'The Forgotten Wars'?

Roy,

The program on BBC2/Scotland on Monday the 27th November at 8pm is the film taken last month during the KOSB return visit to Malaysia/Singapore. I understand that BBC2/Scotland can be viewd on Sky (Channel 990?).

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1