Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
Post EU Charter of Fundamental Rights. 
Some time ago our beloved Leader and Saviour of the Universe crept into an office in Brussels via the rear door to sign the United Kingdom up to the Lisbon Treaty. This, as we all know, is not a new Treaty but a small amended one, or so we were told. He quite genuinely forgot all about his election manifesto to give the British people a referendum on the EU Treaty before he signed it. He said sorry which we all applauded and cheered. But unfortunately we are now stuck with this EU Treaty.

The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights is now (I believe) law and has to be obeyed by all EU countries and their inhabitants.

The suits at present state -

 British citizens only are not permitted to wear the PJM.

 British citizens were allowed to wear the PJM but only temporarily in Malaysia in 2007.

 Non-British citizens who served in the UK Forces and were classed as Crown Servants are allowed to wear the PJM.

 Non-British citizens who are allowed to wear the PJM who become British citizens (examples Gurkhas) have to give up that right and, according to the British civil service, will not be allowed to wear the PJM when they become British citizens.

 British citizens are singled out for worse treatment than non-British citizens, even though they were all British Crown Servants together. This discrimination is compounded and corroborated by British citizens who are not covered by the rules ie. civilians and relatives of deceased. So the criteria for non-wear of the PJM is being a British Citizen.

Now look at the new EU Charter of Fundamental Rights as follows:-

CHAPTER III - ARTICLE 21

1. Any discrimination based on any ground such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief political, or any other national membership, of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation, shall be prohibited.

2. Within the scope of application of the Treaty establishing the European Union and of the Treaty on European Union and without prejudice to the special provisions of those Treaties, any discrimination on grounds of nationality shall be prohibited.

Looks like our government, and Her Majesty the Queen, on the advice of eight, unelected civil servants in a secret committee, have been advised to continue with this breach of European Law on fundamental human rights.

I seem to remember us joining the Common Market in the 1970s, but nothing more than that. Indeed I recall an old teaching colleague saying, "Bugger the Common Market," and then an even older WW1 colleague saying... "Trying to bugger it will get you nowhere because the bottom has already dropped out." How right that old boy was. As a founding member of the RFC he had been witness to stupidity beyond all bounds and seemed to see that the likes of us, as we become similar old farts, would need to gird up our loins and fight against the kind of tyrany you have described above.

The poppies of two weeks ago have now been thrown away. We are supposed to forget now for another year...but there are those of us who can never forget, nor should ever be asked to do so.

It seems to me having just read McDangles comment, number 1 and number 2 above, that George Orwell is still alive in this year of our Lord 2009, perhaps working in the Civil Service?.

In as much as he, GO not Our Lord wrote, and here I paraphrase..."All men are born equal but some are more equal than others."

The Honourable (I use the term loosely), Eight members, of the HD Committee are of the firm belief, that they are more equal than others, especially those who have been awarded the Honourable PJM.

Post Re: EU Charter of Fundamental Rights. 
perhaps we could now test the new treaty by taking the HDC to the eropean court.

mcdangle wrote:
Some time ago our beloved Leader and Saviour of the Universe crept into an office in Brussels via the rear door to sign the United Kingdom up to the Lisbon Treaty. This, as we all know, is not a new Treaty but a small amended one, or so we were told. He quite genuinely forgot all about his election manifesto to give the British people a referendum on the EU Treaty before he signed it. He said sorry which we all applauded and cheered. But unfortunately we are now stuck with this EU Treaty.

The EU Charter of Fundamental Rights is now (I believe) law and has to be obeyed by all EU countries and their inhabitants.

The suits at present state -

 British citizens only are not permitted to wear the PJM.

 British citizens were allowed to wear the PJM but only temporarily in Malaysia in 2007.

 Non-British citizens who served in the UK Forces and were classed as Crown Servants are allowed to wear the PJM.

 Non-British citizens who are allowed to wear the PJM who become British citizens (examples Gurkhas) have to give up that right and, according to the British civil service, will not be allowed to wear the PJM when they become British citizens.

 British citizens are singled out for worse treatment than non-British citizens, even though they were all British Crown Servants together. This discrimination is compounded and corroborated by British citizens who are not covered by the rules ie. civilians and relatives of deceased. So the criteria for non-wear of the PJM is being a British Citizen.

Now look at the new EU Charter of Fundamental Rights as follows:-

CHAPTER III - ARTICLE 21

1. Any discrimination based on any ground such as sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief political, or any other national membership, of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation, shall be prohibited.

2. Within the scope of application of the Treaty establishing the European Union and of the Treaty on European Union and without prejudice to the special provisions of those Treaties, any discrimination on grounds of nationality shall be prohibited.

Looks like our government, and Her Majesty the Queen, on the advice of eight, unelected civil servants in a secret committee, have been advised to continue with this breach of European Law on fundamental human rights.

Post DEMOCRACY? 
Yes, Whalley, it would be an ideal situation if we could take our case to the Court of Human Rights as I am sure we would win hands down but this would be a very expensive exercise. The government has untold amounts of cash which they could throw at such a case whilst we ordinary citizens just do not have access to the large amounts of dosh required to pay human rights lawyers to take up our case. Also, on a personal basis, I would rather seen the public purse being used to Help Our Heroes or to spend more on our fighting forces. Having said this, there are other methods available to the fight4thepjm and your committee has been exploring them on a daily basis, so keep the faith!

In the same week that our Prime Minister said he would give £1 million for flood relief in Cumberland, the government gave £293 million foreign aid to Sri Lanka, Pakistan, World Bank, Sierra Leone and Ethiopia. This should demonstrate to all just how much they are prepared to give away and how little their own citizens matter - a case of mind over matter – they don’t mind and we don’t matter.

We have said many times on this site that our country is run by the Civil Service and their illegal rules and human rights breaches created by their shameless and unjust non-wear of the PJM is an example of such control of our democracy. In to-day’s BBC news it is stated that ‘MP’s must wrest control of the Commons from the government to restore peoples faith in politics’.

Looks like the revolution may be starting and the civil servants who lock their office doors, hide behind their desks and refuse to co-operate with the general public (and give an ASBO to most of your committee) may at some time in the future be held to account. Our country can certainly not continue to operate in such a fragmented manner alleging that it is an elected democracy when in fact it is a banana republic ran by Mandarins in the civil service.

Like the Magna Carter put my name down as one of the originators for this next action if all else fails!

Post Democracy? 
In the final analysis, it was the British serviceman/woman, who faught for this country's freedom, in every war theatre since the year dot. Except for the occasional civil servant who had the common decency of resigning from the civil service and joining up to fight alongside their military bretherin, not a great many of that despicable lot were anywhere near ther front line.

It was the likes of us who saved their sorry rear ends from getting a serious butt kicking from those that were disposed to try - and hey! was it all worth it? Apparently not from what we have seen, and the way that we have been treated.

Having asked myself a serious question, was it for Queen and country that we placed our lives on the line, or was it for civil service beaurocrats, that we were keeping safe?
When I swore the oath of allegience, there was no mention of keeping the civil service safe, only the Queen and her heirs and successors.

I was once proud to hold my head up high and say that I was proud to be British. Nowadays, I'm not so sure.

Yours Aye

Arthur R-S

In the proverbial nutshell, Arthur, as always.

Late last evening I tried to say my say but didn't quite say it clearly enough. My oath to HMQ was given sincerely, as I am sure were those of my grandfather and father before me....but we all three came back somewhat at a loss as to what we could expect reciprocally. We were obviously not alone.

As a Euro sceptic I somehow doubt that we PJMers would get justice quite so easily as might be thought, and to attempt it might sink our hopes completely. Fight the enemy you know, and on his own patch, is my mantra. The British public is more than aware of the shortcomings of government and the suits hiding in their dens than ever before....so fight them on our own beaches and our own landing grounds. Keep the struggle domestic and call upon our own to support us.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1