Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Army chief launches £5m appeal to fund vital therapy cent
Post Army chief launches £5m appeal to fund vital therapy centre 
See the following in the Mail

Army chief launches £5m appeal to fund vital therapy centre for injured troops

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=484692&in_page_id=1770

Hamish

Post Charity 
What sort of country do we live in when we have to ask for charity to help our injured service personel, when they come back from a war not of their making?

What sort of government simply sits back and allows this situation to develop in the first place.

How can a government finance countless hairbrained schemes, and begrudge a mere £5 million pounds to the people it has abused and injured both physically and mentally.

Shame on them all. I wonder they can sleep at night.

Post Help for Heroes 
Notwithstanding my disgust for these people at the MOD WHO RUN HEADLEY COURT I am sending a donation anyway! Obviously £2.5 bn refurbishment has a higher priority than seriously injured servicemen
who need a swimming pool!

Evil or Very Mad

Well said... perhaps we should put all the 1000 quid chairs on Ebay to help with THE SWIMMING POOL.
Or perhaps we should just petition the Queen and Brown , the queen because of her total silence over the last few years about any subject at all. Brown because he for the last 10 years has been responsible for all the cut backs, so by definitionis the reason ,in part why the MOD cannot afford or more likely will not pay for the pool. I will be also be writing to both of these and e-mailing the part time defence minister who is equally responsible for the attitude of this government.

IF ANY OF THE ABOVE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION TO PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT CAUSE OF THIS DECADE I AM SURE THAT GENERAL DANNETT WILL MAKE SURE IT GETS TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE AND NOT LOST IN THE CORRIDORS OF THE NEWLY REFURBISHED HOME OF THE MEAN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE

ROGER
COSTA CALIDA

We should as a group lobby the RBL to support this venture and to make funds available for the provision of the pool. This will ensure that it is done but more than that, it will shame this terrible excuse for a government and show the public just who cares and who does not!!!

John

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I have sent this to Paddy Leavey, the head of the Broken Covenant campaign team copied to both my MP's and the local press. If you want to do the same then Paddy can be e-mailed on pleavey@britishlegion.org.uk

Dear Paddy, you will no doubt have seen the appeal by Gen. Dannett ref the swimming pool needed at Headley Court for the rehabilitation of wounded service personnel. You will also no doubt have seen that without public support they will not be able to raise the funds quickly as the government cannot (or will not) fund it.

This is a cause célèbre that begs out for the Legion to step in and under the banner of the ‘Broken Covenant Campaign’ pledge funds to ensure that this project goes ahead and fast. It will also sting the government into action to save face and it will show the public just what the Poppy Appeal actually does just prior to it opening. Most of all though, it will help those brave souls who we have dedicated ourselves to assist, the members, past and present, of our armed forces.

Please consider this as we have more than sufficient funds to make a huge difference here. I will put this appeal to my branch at our AGM to provide a donation.

Regards

John Ireland
Chairman Calne Branch

PS This is an interesting site set up to assist this cause http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1