Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Tanya
Post Tanya 
Email from Tanya of the FCO

Paul,

According to the Cabinet Office's repsonse to some of your colleagues, who raised the 1968 London Gazette with them, it doesn't look as if you have The Queen's formal permission to wear the PJM:

... the conclusion you have drawn from reading this article is incorrect. The announcement, as it states, applies to UK citizens who are not servants of the Crown.

You and your colleagues, who served in Her Majesty’s Armed Forces during the Malaya conflict, were doing so as Crown servants. Although you are now retired from this service the definition of Crown servant still applies to this service. Indeed this was re-confirmed following the 1968 London Gazette announcement, in the FCO Regulations concerning Acceptance and Wear (Section A, Paragraph 14) as produced in 1969 namely:

14. Persons who have retired from the service of the Crown remain subject to these Regulations in so far as concerns the acceptance of Orders, decorations or medals offered in respect of services rendered before their retirement.

Therefore the HD Committee’s final decision remains applicable to you and your former colleagues.
(who is looking after the PJM, FCO, MoD or the CO).
And in answer to your question, I think we all are!

Best wishes,

Tanya

My Answer;
Tanya,
I disagree with the Cabinet Office’s version of the rules.
I was not a Crown Servant when the PJM was Conferred as per the instructions in the London Gazette statement.
I did not retire from Crown Service I was on a fixed term contract.
I do not receive or will ever receive a Crown Service pension.
As for your answer as to which department is dealing with the PJM no offence but I think the Cabinet Office is pulling all the strings, I will not mention names but one member of the MoD team has apologized and thinks we should be allowed to wear the PJM and a member of the FCO has instructed me to wear my PJM with pride.
No such statements as ever come out of the CO.
I had no intention of wearing my PJM without HM’s permission I shall now be wearing it for I say I do have permission.
Regards
Paul

Do these idiots not realize that the majority of us were either National Service or on short term enlistments of 5 or 9 years, so when we have finished our 5 or 9 years and finished any time on the reserve list we are no longer in the service of the crown and as we do not receive a crown pension for those short term enlistments, our interpretation of the 1968 London Gazette is correct and The Queen's has given formal permission to wear the PJM.
I will wear mine with pride when I get it.

Sandy428
Ex R.A.F. Regiment
Per Ardua

Post Tanya 
Rolling Eyes Dinnit git on yer nerves?

Same old defunct, superseded, obsolescent rhubarb!

We have it from the Ceremonial Officer, Cabinet Office, himself, that the
1969 Regulations, Section A, 14 (and by implication Section B) have been
superseded. So what the hell does she and Honours-1 keep talking about.

In reply to a letter of mine, Honours 1, again, reminded me of the above
regulations. In my email reply, in which I said that his letter was more
predictable than disappointing, I too referred to the above regs and suggested
that it was remiss of his colleague not to have told him they had been superseded.
It seems that his colleague has been a bit naughty in not advising Tanya, et al of the
same change.

Elsewhere, it has been said that the FCO Cab.Office and MoD are unfit for purpose; it
would seem that they are unfit for one anothers' purpose in what appears to me to be an
inter-departmental "closing of ranks"

ADVICE: If you are going to change the Hymn Sheet, let everybody know.

I have not received nor do I expect a reply to my email.

Post Tanya. 
I think this woman speaks with forked tongue and should be given old Indian name 'Walking Eagle'.

Part A of the 1969 Regulations are Concerning the Acceptance and Wearing by Persons IN THE SERVICE OF THE CROWN - note Walking Eagle it says IN THE SERVICE OF THE CROWN - now what part of 'in the service' do you not understand.

Section 14 of these defunct Regulations says Persons who have retired from the service of the Crown remain subject to these Regulations in so FAR AS CONCERNS THE ACCEPTANCE of orders etc etc. Now what do you not understand about Acceptance - not wear - Acceptance.

Jack Straw MP, your previous boss, reviewed these rules and changed them with Rules which he deposited in the House of Commons Library about 21st. November, 2005. So you are out of date and these rules refer to British Citizens, never to servants of the crown.

Also, perhaps you should read the Written Ministerial Statement issued by Ian Pearson MP which refers to those eligible for the PJM as British Citizens and former members of the UK Armed Forces.

I believe you read this site Tanya, so let me tell you, you must try harder to be more sensible and believable.

Walking Eagle, well they say this is 'a bird which is so full of its own sh*t that it cannot fly. Very appropriate, don't you think.

Well put Mcdangle nearly choked on my coffee and toast this morning particularly the last line about Walking Eagle Very Happy
Sandy428

We have another suit who I call Thrush.
You will have to work out who and why for yourself or send me a PM.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1