Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Protest: Fight for the right to wear the PJM medal
I used it as the covering letter for an updated submission.

Should have mentioned .... The updated version has a revised Summary as suggested by mcdangle in a message that read:

---------------------------------

I am sure you will accept the following in the manner given - Perhaps in the last paragraph headed Summary -

"In a Democratic Society the people have the right to question those who make laws or rules which are expected to be obeyed and to question what they believe to be breaches of their Civil Liberties or Basic Human Rights.

We have, therefore, the right to ask:-

a). did Her Majesty the Queen instruct that veterans are not to wear the PJM formally.

b). if, not, by what authority did the person who made this instruction do so."

Just a thought!! Andy

---------------------------------

And an excellent one, too. The amended Summary, that is already winging its way to London within an update submission, can be read at
http://www.fight4thepjm.org/whatwesay_baf_submission_150306.htm

I know what you mean about Ganges, I visit there a couple of times a year, living not more than 3 miles away as the crow flies. I took my grandson over there one day to show him what his father did in the Navy, we were looking through the gates when some guy came up and said he was on business in Ipswich and couldn't pass the place without giving it a look in. He asked me if I had been here, I said 'no ex RAF' but interested all the same.

With that a guy walked over from the lodge in one of those Navy Civilian Uniforms (Custodian of the site I guess) and asked us if we were interested in looking at the cannons and the mast, INTERESTED we said and he let us in. The stranger then proceeded to tell us he was 'button boy' in 195? he was like a dog with two tales, if you don't know what a button boy is folks guess you look that one up.

I felt his sense of pride, almost with a tear in his eye, I could hear all those feet crunching those stones on the parade ground pounding them into grit. The cemetery at the nearby church in Shotley has its own Naval graveyard where Brits are buried next to German sailors.

I showed my grandson the sailing out of Harwich of The Splendour of the Seas' , the Old Trinity Lightships the huge container terminals that are Felixstowe Docks and finally that wonderful little Ganges Museum, how anyone that did their 'boy' training there and travelled the world cannot be interested in Pingat Jasa Malaysia for themselves or on behalf of their colleagues is beyond comprehension

[img]
http://upload4.postimage.org/88219/ganges75040155LLrIvk_ph.jpg[/img]

I also find it bl**dy insulting that anyone presented with any medal has been denied the right to wear it Evil or Very Mad

if you don't know what a button boy is folks guess you look that one up ... I felt his sense of pride, almost with a tear in his eye, I could hear all those feet crunching those stones on the parade ground pounding them into grit. The cemetery at the nearby church in Shotley has its own Naval graveyard where Brits are buried next to German sailors.

Wonderful post, John. I was 'there' as I read it.

And yes, from my Sea Cadet days I do know what a "button boy" is but, despite my para background, I never had a great head for heights.

John Cooper wrote:
I showed my grandson the sailing out of Harwich of The Splendour of the Seas' , the Old Trinity Lightships the huge container terminals that are Felixstowe Docks and finally that wonderful little Ganges Museum, how anyone that did their 'boy' training there and travelled the world cannot be interested in Pingat Jasa Malaysia for themselves or on behalf of their colleagues is beyond comprehension

Indeed. Incomprehensible.

John Cooper wrote:
I also find it bl**dy insulting that anyone presented with any medal has been denied the right to wear it

Indeed. Particularly when it's of the PJM stature.

Post Response from Mr Touhig...c/o MOD CU 
Rec'd this morning....the following e-mail from Mr Toughig's office...it is self explanatory but I thought I'd post it since it provides the MOD Ministerial Correspondence Unit's 'snail mail addy'...should anyone else care to send them a 'billet doux'?

I'll post Mr Touhig's anticipated letter when it arrives...

"Mr Fenton,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Don Touhig MP, Under Secretary of State for Defence and Minister for Veterans. Mr Touhig wishes to reply to you and has requested your full postal address so that he may write.

I would be grateful if you could provide this information by reply e-mail.

Regards

MOD Ministerial Correspondence Unit
Floor 5, Zone A
Main Building
London SW1A 2HB"

Post My MP - a decision 
I think that we can announce, formally (do you read that Mr Pearson), that my MP, Laura Moffatt does not support us. I received a letter today from an acquaintance who also knows the MP personally. My acquaintance wrote to the MP and what did she get back in return? You're right. The exact same letter that Pearson sent to me via my MP, with a copy of his now infamous Ministerial Statement of 31 January 2006. My acquaintance tells me that Ms Moffatt is more concerned with medical issues - she was a nurse before going into politics. Given that this area's Health Trust has one of the biggest budget deficits in the land, gets through its top men quicker than an HD Committee gets through a book of half-truths and lies, and that a town the size of Crawley (population 100 000+ and with a major motorway, railway and international airport, has had to close its A & E Department, I suspect that she will be lsoing the 37 majority that she clung on to last year. Don't worry, Ms Moffatt, I can direct you to the local Jobcentre. Although she might wish to become Two Shags Prescott's concubine. I know that we are non-political but I feel that my locally elected representative has let me down.

Post Colleagues 
I had a blitz on my colleagues today and I am gratified to see that at least 3 of them have registered.

Post Re: My MP - a decision 
GerryL wrote:
My acquaintance wrote to the MP and what did she get back in return? You're right. The exact same letter that Pearson sent to me via my MP, with a copy of his now infamous Ministerial Statement of 31 January 2006.

She's too busy with her aptly named "Trust the Turnaround Team" - I thought she was talking about Pearson and the FCO! - to see she is on a sinking ship. Presumably she's a staunch supporter of the discredited Health Minister.

GerryL wrote:
Although she might wish to become Two Shags Prescott's concubine. I know that we are non-political but I feel that my locally elected representative has let me down.

You may have hit the nail on the head, Gerry. She is involved in a charity (perfectly legit and doing a good job I'm sure) that offers 'sex therapy workshops'. Perhaps she's too 'tied up' in that to worry about her majority.

Barry

Post Re: Colleagues 
GerryL wrote:
I had a blitz on my colleagues today and I am gratified to see that at least 3 of them have registered.

Thanks Gerry. This canvassing for support is so important.

I responded to a few today, one may have been one of yours. I think she was - her message has been posted as well.

Barry

Post PM 
My email to the PM this Morning.

When is this PRIME MINISTER going to answer my emails & letters.
He has received a letter from HM the Queen regarding my letters on the subjet of the PJM so how much longer must I wait for a reply.

Prehaps he would like some more reminders about answering my letters, how about 500 reminders.

The stranger then proceeded to tell us he was 'button boy' in 195? he was like a dog with two tales, if you don't know what a button boy is folks guess you look that one up.

Try

http://www.submariners.co.uk/Dits/Articles/shotleyboy.htm

John Cooper wrote:

I also find it bl**dy insulting that anyone presented with any medal has been denied the right to wear it Evil or Very Mad

I think it (I'm an Australian now), bloody insulting.

I sent this email to more names than I can mention this morning, it took ages to send lets hope it takes half as long for them to d/load.

Please tell why I can not wear the PJM.

(there should be a photo in here of me in the jungle, but at least those in whitehall will see it)

LOOK ME IN THE EYE’S AND TELL ME

from
Paul Alders

Post Re: PM 
Paul Alders wrote:
When is this PRIME MINISTER going to answer my emails & letters.
He has received a letter from HM the Queen regarding my letters on the subjet of the PJM so how much longer must I wait for a reply.
Prehaps he would like some more reminders about answering my letters, how about 500 reminders.

Paul's heard from Tony Blurr and has asked me to post this response - another case of 'pass the parcel' ... to the MoD .... who will pass the parcel to the FO no doubt ... who will pass the parcel to the HD Committee ... who will pass the parcel to The Queen ... who, being a Constitutional monarch, will pass the parcel to one of her Ministers ... who will ...

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/images/pm_to_pa_0506.jpg

Post permission to wear my PJM 
In the event of permission refused to wear my Pingat Jasa Malaysian on parade.........
Who the heck's going to stop me?
The cant put me on a charge,nor can they put me on Jankers (again)
I do want official permission but if thats not forthcoming then 'stuff 'em' I'll wear it anyway![/b]

I'll give you permission to were the PJM, I've got just as much authority as the civil servants who say you can't.

.--. .--- --

Post Re: permission to wear my PJM 
Smudger wrote:
I do want official permission but if thats not forthcoming then 'stuff 'em' I'll wear it anyway![/b]

Welcome, Smudger.

I'm with you on what you say.

All the best,

Barry

Reply to topic Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next