Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
More from the Beeb ... It is VITAL that we each vote!
Post More humbling support - not from a PJMer 
We have received a copy of this email from David Morgan to JUlian Clegg at the BBC.

----- Forwarded by Barry Fleming/BAFleming on 28/01/2007 09:25 -----

David Morgan <xxxxxxx@yahoo.com>
26/01/2007 16:06
To: julianclegg@bbc.co.uk
cc: beeb@fight4thepjm.org
Subject: Fight 4 the PJM

Good to see someone in the media is taking notice of this Fight for the Right to Wear the PJM.

May I remind you that many PJMers do not have a British medal to commemorate their service in Malaysia;and the PJM rectifies this.

Although it is a Commemorative Service Medal and civilians can do as they please while the wearing is not policed, most PJMers know that to wear a medal without the Queen's approval is to cause Her a grave discourtesy.

I support them in their fight to wear the medal with honour- alongside their Commonwealth ex-comrades in arms who already have the Queen's approval.

kind regards,

Rev David Morgan, South Wales.
ex RAMC Malaya, not a recipient of the award.

- - - - ends - - -

What a brilliant email - and from a non-PJMer at that!

And David has gone that extra mile and asked colleagues to support us.

Thanks, Davis.

The Fight4thePJM Team

Post Media News 
This has gone to David Maddox, Political Editor of The Portsmouth Telegraph

Dear Sir, I refer to the article “LAST CHANCE FOR JUSTICE” in the edition of Portsmouth Today, The News, of the27th January 2007. The case for the Arctic Medal is almost parallel to that of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia both in statements that have no basis in fact and to some personnel who are involved. The time line, too,

is somewhat similar, beginning in mid 2004 and continuing to date during which time we now have World Wide support; terrific support from BBC Radio Solent, and 210 signatures supporting 2 (2006/7) Early Day Motions, which combined with the 2005 EDMs becomes a total of 359 signatures of cross party support of MPs in the house of commons. There are a number of other Members of Parliament who by virtue of their occupancy on the front bench, Parliamentary Private Secretaries, etc who support or campaign, including three former Veterans Ministers and the current Minister.

However, the reason for this email is the following (which needs to be read in conjunction with the Veterans Agency website, Medals – Medals for past service).

In the second paragraph, the sentence beginning “The MOD receives a great deal of correspondence…..” describes us as “disaffected veterans”! The dictionary definition of this word is “ disloyal, esp. to one’s superiors” (which seems to establish their attitude to us straight away) – it also means discontented – which begs the question, should they claim that it is what they meant – why didn’t they use it? It continues “In addition, in recent months there has been criticism in the National Press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal (another inappropriate description of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia) offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967 (in fact the 31st December 1966!).

The last paragraph continues “Most people who feel strongly enough about these matters to write directly to the MOD, or to their constituency MPs (a matter of opinion and NOT fact, and how can they know what the reaction of Members of Parliament will be?) only know about these subjects from Articles that they read in the newspapers, or see mentioned on the television. The reality is often very different from the story presented by the media, which is, after all, written with the primary intention of selling the news (they seem to be claiming manipulation of fact, something which they themselves could, perhaps, be accused of?). The MOD is often unable to present its side of the story (would this perhaps be because their case is unsustainable?).

What incenses me is that their comments are included in a taxpayer paid for OFFICIAL MOD Veterans Agency website which is supposed to be a vehicle for the benefit of Veterans, remembering, of course, that this site is open to the general public who may accept this propaganda (for that is what I think it is) as true. Of course, those that may are invited to log on to www.fight4thepjm.org for our submissions.

Brilliant stuff GLOman.....and most accurately aimed, I think, in the appropriate direction....Kudos!

Post Re: Media News 
GLOman wrote:
This has gone to David Maddox, Political Editor of The Portsmouth Telegraph.

And that is precisely where it will do most good. I understand that one of those 'disaffected individuals' is a good friend of Mr Maddox who, in turn, did so much for British veterans who served on the Arctic convoys.

Great stuff, David.

Post MOD 
The article in the Veterans Agency about veterans being disaffected (disloyal) and only being aware of information which they read in the press goes to show just that the right hand in the MOD does not know what the left hand is doing (not fit for purpose ring a bell?) so they resort to lies and more lies.

I have written to Des Browne, Defence Secretary - no answer.

I have written to Ian Keith, MOD - no answer.

I have sent emails of complaint and requests under the FOI Act to the MOD but they refuse to acknowledge or answer any of my correspondence. In fact Ian Keith, MOD has actually written to me once and informed me (ASBO) that he will not answer any of my correspondence.

So now we have this CSUM (Civil Service Unelected Moron) publicly libelling me (a veteran of Malaya) as disaffected (disloyal) and brainwashed by the media. Does the author of this article really think he/she has authority over British Citizens to be able to put such a damning statement on a government website. It is time this arrogant idiot started to realise his place in our society - CSUM!!

My thesaurus advises me that synonyms for 'disaffected' include: 'alienated - antagonistic - discontented - disloyal - dissatisfied - estranged - hostile - indifferent - mutinous - rebellious - seditious - uncompliant - unfriendly & unsubmissive...speaking personally I reject the implication of all of those synonyms....all I am is hurt, insulted and angry!

NOT REPLYING TO YOUR PREVIOUS,COULD BE A FORM OF SELF PROTECTION,BIT LIKE THROWING YOUR SHOVEL AWAY,WHEN DIGGING A HOLE,INSTEAD OF STRIKING GOLD,YOUR INTO THE LONG STANDING CESS PIT,AND ABOUT TO GET HIT BY A WHOLE LOAD OF VETERAN CRAP,COS IT SEEMS THE HOLE NOW ,WELL IT AIN'T GETTING DEEPER ,BUT COS OF ALL THE PREVIOUS RANDOM DIGGING THE HOLE JUST GOT WIDER AND WIDER,INVOLVING MORE DIGGERS(SORRY OSTR'LIA),UPTO THE POINT WHERE ALL THE DIGGING MUST STOP,COS SOME OF THE DIGGING HAS GONE ON RIGHT UNDER SOME FOLKS FEET,AND THEY ARE IN DANGER OF FALLING OFF THEIR PINNACLE INTO THE SH*T,AS REPORTS OF THIS SH*T SHOVELLING ARE NOW SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD. Exclamation IN THE MEANTIME,WE ARE WAITING A REPORT FROM THE JCB COMIT'EE, THESE ARE THE PENULTIMATE SH*T SHOVELLERS,WHO CAN THROW SH*T AROUND WITH IMMUNITY,RUMOURS THAT THE LITTLE SHY-8ts AT THE MINISTRY OF DUNG,ARE GETTING THERE OWN BACK(ARTHUR EXPLAIN ABOUT HAVING A CRAP ON A SUBMARINE)ARE UNTRUE,THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD TO BE SILENT,THEY AIN'T FIT FOR PURPOSE AS THE HOLE JUST GETS BIGGER NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO,THIS IS COMRADES WHY THEY AIN'T FIT TO SHOVEL SH*T,AND THE DIGGING MUST STOP.

Post Media News 
Embarassed Sorry lads, a slight hiccup; the email to David Maddox was returned undelivered (perhaps the term Portsmouth Telegraph did it) HOWEVER, I'Ve sent an exact copy (apart from dear sir!) to Ms Emily Pykett who s shown on their list as Political Editor, so it should get through OK. I think I need
lessons in panic control! Sorry BarryF.

David

Post Media News 
For the record:

Dear Ms Pikett, I refer to the article “LAST CHANCE FOR JUSTICE” in the edition of Portsmouth Today, The News, of the27th January 2007. The case for the Arctic Medal is almost parallel to that of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia both in statements that have no basis in fact and to some personnel who are involved. The time line, too,

is somewhat similar, beginning in mid 2004 and continuing to date during which time

we now have World Wide support; terrific support from BBC Radio Solent, and 210 signatures supporting 2 (2006/7) Early Day Motions, which combined with the 2005 EDMs becomes a total of 359 signatures of cross party support of MPs in the house of commons. There are a number of other Members of Parliament who by virtue of their occupancy on the front bench, Parliamentary Private Secretaries, etc who support or campaign, including three former Veterans Ministers and the current Minister.

However, the reason for this email is the following (which needs to be read in conjunction with the Veterans Agency website, Medals – Medals for past service).

In the second paragraph, the sentence beginning “The MOD receives a great deal of correspondence…..” describes us as “disaffected veterans”! The dictionary definition of this word is “ disloyal, esp. to one’s superiors” (which seems to establish their attitude to us straight away) – it also means discontented – which begs the question, should they claim that it is what they meant – why didn’t they use it? It continues “In addition, in recent months there has been criticism in the National Press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal (another inappropriate description of the Pingat Jasa Malaysia) offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967 (in fact the 31st December 1966!).

The last paragraph continues “Most people who feel strongly enough about these matters to write directly to the MOD, or to their constituency MPs (a matter of opinion and NOT fact, and how can they know what the reaction of Members of Parliament will be?) only know about these subjects from Articles that they read in the newspapers, or see mentioned on the television. The reality is often very different from the story presented by the media, which is, after all, written with the primary intention of selling the news (they seem to be claiming manipulation of fact, something which they themselves could, perhaps, be accused of?). The MOD is often unable to present its side of the story (would this perhaps be because their case is unsustainable?).

What incenses me is that their comments are included in a taxpayer paid for OFFICIAL MOD Veterans Agency website which is supposed to be a vehicle for the benefit of Veterans, remembering, of course, that this site is open to the general public who may accept this propaganda (for that is what I think it is) as true. Of course, those that may are invited to log on to www.fight4thepjm.org for our submissions.

I am, Yours Sincerely,

David Dilley

Post Media News 
I spoke to Ms Emily Pykett this morning. She showed interest and I have now passed this contact on to a more able pair of hands - I lived too far away anyway!

Regards

David

I spoke to the East Anglian Daily Times, this morning, and the Bury Free Press. Both are horrified at the stance the 'suits' have taken.

They will be sending representatives to the award ceremony at Endeavour House tomorrow. So! Anyone of our colleagues who will be attending to get their PJM, please feel free to lobby any of the press, with your side of the arguement. Works even better if you ply them with drinks.

With regard to the 'suits' not being fit to shovel sh*t, I must disagree with you. I think that is all they are fit for.

As for the 'heads' in submarines, they are somewhat al fresco, so take a large newspaper with you, if you don't want to be recognised, that is. Anyone who served on A, T, or U class, or P and O class subs, will know what I mean.

Mind you, the 'nukes' were a lot better, they actually had doors.

Yours very DISAFFECTED

Arthur

Well done Arthur.....hope someone does manage to obtain the ear of a representative of the Press at that venue....whoever does, please don't forget to pass on our website addy....and refer them to any member of the Fight4 team as a source of legitimate and factual information.

Done and dusted. I gave them the website address, Barry's name, and yours to send the drinks bill to.

I trust that is in order.

Yours, looking over shoulder for possible incoming haggis attack

Arthur

Roger that Arthur.....we'll be glad to handle any request that may be made....impossible to accurately aim a haggis at a man who is perched upon an 'alfresco toilet', sequestered behind the latest edition of 'Health and Fitness' magazine.

Post More about the PJM on the BBC! 
Yet another mention. Hundreds of PJmers have contacted the BBC - and volunteer to accompany their reporter with the People's Petition!

Go to http://www.fight4thepjm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1187 and listen to the clips.

The latest one is in the section 2nd February.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next