Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
received in melbourne
I have bought a replica for the same reason, so that I can keep the original in it's box. The company that supplied it engraved it in the same fashion as UK medals.

John

I have bought a replica for the same reason, so that I can keep the original in it's box. The company that supplied it engraved it in the same fashion as UK medals.

Having seen the result, I can confirm they did a brilliant job.

Have any more Brits living in Oz recieved there PJM - I understood that they were due to be delivered by April 06 and now its June 07. Any news from anywhere please? Pete.

John

John, you don't make it clear which medal you had engraved.......... was it replica or the genuine medal which you engraved.

The I have asked this question because I met a guy in NZ recently who deals in medals etc. and he said the genuine PJM is too hard to engrave successfully so I don't want to damage mine but I would like to have it engraved if that is possible.

Pedro, I received my medal in April but I know a guy in NZ who is still waiting, so you are not alone.....I am sure they will get arounf to your eventually

It was the replica which I had engraved the original being kept in its box as a display item.

John

It was the replica which I had engraved the original being kept in its box as a display item.

John

Thanks for that John..........I would like to have my original medal engraved but don't want to risk damage to it...... so can anybody on this forum please tell me if they have had their ORIGINAL PJM engraved.
Thanks, Ken

Pedro - I received my PJM in early April. It was sent from MHC London by registered mail.

[quote="IvorJ"I received my PJM in early April. It was sent from MHC London by registered mail.[/quote]

As did mine.

Post PJM, replicas and originals. 
Dear Guys and Dolls.

Got my real PJM in late March. In a moment of being temporarily flushed I bought a replica back in November last year. Please see my last post on the subject...MB.Tue April 3rd...Topic 94... down toward the bottom of the slide, if you can read my techie speak.

My dodgy replica at least came back with rim engraving, but replica it aint, in my opinion. Have heard that laser engraving might do the trick...but would not make a move til it is proved. Like you I worked hard for the gong and want my grandson to inherit it along with my dad's gongs and his great great grandad's Pip Squeak and Wilfred.

MB

Hi everyone - here I am still patiently waiting - I spoke to Adrian in Queensland and he has no further information regarding the presentation of the remainin PJM's in Australia. The last I heard about Fred is that he is retiring - I am not surprised at that with the huge effort he has put in over the past 3-4 years, and all the queries he has had to deal with.

However, I would really be interested in any info anyone has about the continuing distribution of the PJMs .

Many thanks,

Pete

I received my PJM in April (I'm in Queensland). It came by registered mail from the MHC in London. It was about 14 months from when I applied but I don't think there is any set time limit so I'm sure you will get yours in due course. Hang in there.

Ivor/Ken et al, many thanks for your kind words - I notice Will Hastie on this site (old ships - London) and others - I really appreciate your support - however, like some of you I will lash out and get a replica until the original arrives. Many thanks and keep up the fight.

Pedro (Pete)

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2