Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
More from the Beeb ... It is VITAL that we each vote!

E mailed Julian this morning.

Thanks very much, Jon. Your continuing support is brilliant - I hope others will follow suit today and in the days to come.

Barry

Last edited by BarryF on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sent off my e-mail and thanked Radio Solent for their support

Rgds Ray

Sent off my e-mail and thanked Radio Solent for their support

Rgds Ray

Thanks, Ray.

Another nail in the coffin of that discredited Ministerial Statement.

I thought I would send this off to Radio Solent............

Julian Clegg/Jo Palmer BBC Radio Solent

Julian

Could I draw this article to your attention from Portsmouth Today

http://www.portsmouthtoday.co.uk/mk4custompages/CustomPage.aspx?PageID=43131

and ask for Jo Palmer to read as well, some of these people featured here are those who we are dealing with regarding The PJM Medal and of course it is of added interest to those of you resident on your BEEB patch

Thanks for your attention

John Cooper
Ipswich

BRAVO......Bravo Gerry, and all others who contributed to this initiative...We're on the move!

Loved the music on the third Radio Solent clip, "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right" now who could they possibly mean?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kuching.

Dear Julian,

Firstly, being an honest kind of chap, I will declare that I am a veteran of the Confrontation between Malaysia and Indonesia during the 60's, and proud of it and what was achieved. This was not without sacrifice from many people who were in constant danger, both in the Confrontation and the earlier Emergency.

Many fine people, Forces, Police and Civilians, from a number of Commonwealth Nations and Malaysia itself, paid with their lives or future health, both physical and mental. I have been fortunate enough to have received my PJM from the Agong and Government of Malaysia recently. Please record my support for the case to wear the PJM.

Most PJMers do not have a British medal and so the PJM is their only acknowledgement of their service in to Malaysia. Service which the Malaysians have been so good as to recognise. The PJM is a Commemorative Service Medal and, while civilians can do what they like while the wearing is not policed, most PJMers know that to wear a medal without the Queen's approval is to cause Her a grave discourtesy. I fully support the fight to wear the medal with honour - alongside Commonwealth ex-comrades in arms who already have the Queen's approval.

Remember, this medal was originally refused altogether by this Government for British veterans and only after twelve months of protest was acceptance reluctantly and begrudingly agreed. This however had a spiteful sting in the tail, "you can have it but not wear it". A disgraceful insult to Malaysia and to British Veterans. Recommended to HM the Queen by an unelected and secretive committee apparently answerable to no one..

The decision of the Honours and Decoration Committee to recommend to HM the Queen that this medal may not be worn, is surely contrary to any intelligent view of what is fair and natural justice.

Thank you Julian et al and the BBC for allowing the light of public awareness to fall on this cause and promoting the BBC's Public Charter, part of which says "The BBC exists to serve the public interest".

Barry Fleming, the 1500+ registered members of the Fight4the PJM website and 35,000 Veterans of the Malayan Emergency and Confrontation have faced a brick wall of secrecy, slight of hand and downright obstruction from many of those who are paid to serve this country, Civil Servants. Many of us have been told that they will no longer answer our letters when we persist and when I amongst others have sought information under the Freedom of Information Act, we are refused on the grounds of "not in the public interest". What, to wear a medal or not. Not in the public interest !!! I wonder why.

Thanks again,

John Rushton,
York

(Contact details supplied)

Kuching.
Great letter Semengo!......thank you for your sterling support.

Post Semengo 
Nice one John ! Tony

Post Media News 
This has just gone to Juilian Clegg!

Dear Julian and Jo

I understand that your attention has already been draw to the Portsmouth Today, "The News" article of the Saturday January 27 2007 Edition. I would be grateful if you could spare the time to look at the Veterans Agency Website, Medals (from the main menu), and the sub-section "New Medals for Past Service". I believe that this is a further example of the disdain The Ministry of Defence have for those veterans for who's welfare and well being they are supposed to be responsible. The particular examples are (1) "...correspondence received from disaffected individuals" (2) ""in addition, in recent months there has been criticism in the National Press about claims that the MOD has refused to allow veterans to receive a campaign medal offered by the Malaysian Government for service between 1957 and 1967" - (WRONG - 31 December 1966). (3) "The...people who....write directly to their MPsand the MOD only know about these subjects (from)........newspapers or mention on television. (4) The reality is often very different from the story presented in the media......(5).The MOD is often unable to present its side of the story"(my comments - largely due to the lack of cooperation between the MOD,FCO, Honours and Decorations each of whom have different definitions of what is meant by "formal permission" to wear and the insistence of civil servants who
continue to posit their misinterpretations of the double medalling, 5 year rule and others, none of which it has been poven are relevant to the PJM). What incenses me is that their comments are included in a taxpayer paid for OFFICIAL Ministry of Defence Veterans Agency website which is supposed to be an information vehicle for the benefit of Veterans, remembering, of course this site is open to the general public
who may accept this propoganda (for that is what I think it is) as true, and some may accept that we are just whineging old gits. How wrong they are! With the enormous support of the BBC Radio Solent, Terrific
cross party support in the Houses of Parliament Lords and Commons) and general public support we are groweing from strength to strength. Many thanks, and best wishes,

David Dilley.

Have emailed Julian Clegg for his support.
Roy

Have emailed Julian Clegg for his support.

Roy, Thanks for your continuing support. I am sure they would be interested to know you are ex-Malay Police.

Barry

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next