Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
The Incongrous and Divisive Decision
Post Re: Reply to Roger Spencer's post of 12th Nov 12th. 
MB wrote:
Hi Roger.
I'm glad you are one of the few who put their name up front. I actually joined the site after you but have made my point to the extent of being chewed up by the pirahnas, or is it pihranas? who will tear you apart in our own camp for not going with the flow.

Mike, Not sure what you mean. Has something fishy been going on? Send me a Private Message if you have had a problem.

MB wrote:
... You have hit on a point of particular importance in suggesting that we should somehow find a way to address our fight directly to our Queen. ... I trust that lady we served, and I am sure that if she were to be made aware of our present plight would brush aside the suits and in an instant and solve our problem. ... I have no way of knowing how to write to her Magesty than fly to the moon, but given the chance would do so for all of us forgotten servicemen of the 50s and 60s.

I, too, cannot believe that She would have agreed the recommendation that the suits try and tell us she agreed.

We have personally delivered a Petition to Buckingham Palace and The Queen has read it and sent it to the Foreign Secretary for her consideration.

As for writing to The Queen, her addy and a number of others can be found on The Lobby page. Snail mail addresses are at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby_snailmail.htm. Don't forget to post copies of the letters you write here on the Forum so we can all see them - and pick up pointers for our own letters.

MB wrote:
No war-cries in Malay from me , mate, ...

Again, Mike, I'm not sure what that means. There's a great motto on our Fight4thePJM Lapel Pin, though. But it's not a war-cry - more of a statement of our position. It's in Malay, too, so the Malaysian people can know how we feel about the medal that have awarded us. All the Malaysians who have written to us aabout the badge and motto have been extremely appreciative. If you haven't yet got your Lapel Pin, it's available from http://www.fight4thepjm.org/fight4thepjm_lapel_pin.htm.

Thanks for your support.

Barry

Post Appeal to your Colonel-in-Chief 
Quote:
John Ireland wrote:
Do not forget, if the Queen is the Colonel in Chief of your Regiment or Corps, you have the right to write to her in that capacity and the right to appeal to her.

Absolutely correct John....I followed this exact course with my own Colonel-in-Chief (The Princess Royal)....about a month later her response came...Wishing us every good fortune but regretting that this was a matter on which she could not comment.

Post Last Chance 
It's not for nothing that the house journal of the Civil Service is called 'RED TAPE' it proves beyond all shadow of doubt, that they do have a perverse sense of humour

Yours Aye

Arthur

Post Re: Last Chance 
Arthur R-S wrote:
It's not for nothing that the house journal of the Civil Service is called 'RED TAPE' it proves beyond all shadow of doubt, that they do have a perverse sense of humour

Yours Aye

Arthur

Should be LIES and DECEIT MONTHLY - or WEAKLY.

Post FOI may want money !! 
Having joined forces with many others in asking for answers using the Freedom of Information Act, I emailed the following:

"Sir,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, I formally request to see a copy of the Document that Her Majesty signed saying we Veterans, for distinguished chivalry, gallantry, sacrifice or loyalty in upholding Peninsula of Malaya or Malaysia sovereignty during the period of Emergency and Confrontation, may accept the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal (PJM) graciously offered by the King of Malaysia, but formal permission to wear it will not be granted. I understand you may be experiencing difficulty finding this document, but please bear in mind that we veterans feel insulted by the apparent intransigence of the HD, and the sooner this anomaly is rectified, the sooner the area under people's collars will start to cool.

I would appreciate a reply to this communication.

Yours sincerely etc. etc. etc.

They now want money - Here's their reply - CABINET OFFICE REFERENCE: FOI 246 724

"Dear blah blah blah,

Thank you for you request for information. Your request was received on 8 December and it is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, I will let you know the likely charges before proceeding.

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications

Yours sincerely

Andrew Collingwood

FOI Team,
CabinetOffice
Room 118, 70 Whitehall
SW1A 2AS
T: 020 72762473 F: 020 72762495
E: Andrew.collingwood@cabinet-office.x.gsi.gov.uk "

[/b]

If there is a fee I predict the sum of £600.
I put in the same request, got the same answer, 20 days plus gone by no response so I have now put a complaint in.

Everyone please keep all emails and letters on file, we may need them in the new year.

Post Last Chance, Address the Jury 
I received the exact email from FCO, as Kentsboro...word for word.

I would suggest we gather all of their letters and emails into a compendium and have them published....should win The Pulitzer prize, for the best work of fiction.

Yours Aye

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4