Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
A New member
Post A New member 
Hello, My name is Ivor and I am a new member to this forum.

Having just received my P.J.M. and knowing that there is ruling that forbids me to wear my medal alongside my G.S.M. for Borneo and Bar for Northern Ireland,you could say I have been in a few fights.
Rightly or wrongly I have today sent an e-mail to The Christian Oconnell Breakfast show on Virgin Radio, which is transmitted world-wide and are great friends of mine.
I have kindly ask-ed Christian if he and Virgin Radio will support our campaign for the right to wear the PJM in public alongside our other medal's.
I have explained to Christian that I feel completely let down by the system and is a slap in the face for us veterans.
Having had chance to speak with other recipients on the day of the ceromony, without fail and including widows that received the PJM on behalf of their late husbands, we will all be wearing our PJM on public occasions.

I will keep you all informed as to the responce from Christian

In the mean time my slogan is--I earned it-I will wear it

Please all take care and Stay safe

Ivor

Ivor, welcome to the forum, that is a most encouraging first post, well done Smile

Welcome to the forum; you certainly mean to get down to business and you are an excellent comrade to have in any fight.
Paul

Ivor.....Permit me to add my 'Welcome aboard' to those expressed by my comrades John & Paul.....your initiative in approaching a known media outlet is applauded and appreciated....if you so desire perhaps you might provide your friend Christian with the link to this website?.....we would be delighted to provide much (let me repeat MUCH) in the way of background information to assist in the production of any radio program on this topic.

Ivor, I bid you welcome to our site, and a great opening shot...... Regards Rob.

Post Thank you all for your warm welcome 
Hello again my friends. I thank you all for your very warm welcome.

With regards to Christian and Virgin Radio,
In my e-mail to him I have asked him to check your web site for further details and the very prominant people that are backing our campaign, if I can be so bold as to call it our campaign, as it is only my first visit to your web site.

I must congratulate the originator of the web-site as it is most informative, and has brought me right up to date with the succesful campaign you all have conducted so far, as that song goes--When the going gets tough--The tough get going.

I look forward very much, to hearing from you all again

In the mean time

I earned it--I will wear it

Kind regards, and thanks

Ivor

Post Re: Thank you all for your warm welcome 
ivor wrote:
Hello again my friends. I thank you all for your very warm welcome.

Ivor,

Welome to the Fight4thePJM web site forum. It's very encouraging that new members join us daily and particularly so when they take the time and trouble to leave messages as apposite as yours.

All the best,

Barry

Ivor, welcome to the forum, that is a most encouraging first post, well done Smile

Hello John.

I cannot promise anything as yet, but seeing as you have been very much involved with the capaign for the right to wear the PJM, would you be prepared to speak on the radio with regards to the reasons why we are not allowed to wear the PJM with our GSM for Borneo--If so I will need your telephone number John.

As I said I cannot promise anything,but I am working on it.

Take care

Ivor

Yes of course I would Ivor but I feel Gerry Law our Press Man should be given first opportunity or our Chairman Jock Fenton, or Barry Fleming failing these erstwhile gents you can count on me. My telephone number will be winging its way to you via Private Message (PM)

Yes of course I would Ivor but I feel Gerry Law our Press Man should be given first opportunity or our Chairman Jock Fenton, or Barry Fleming failing these erstwhile gents you can count on me. My telephone number will be winging its way to you via Private Message (PM)

Sorry John,Being New to this web site, I was not sure of the chain of command.

On our presentation Tuesday last at Maidstone-BBC Local TV Covered the ceromony, and on our local evening news, it was stated that we were not allowed to wear the PJM, But they didnot go into any details, which was a shame,Still at least even more people are aware of our situation regarding the wearing of the PJM

I Earned it--I will wear it

Take Care and Stay safe

Ivor

Post Ivor 
Ivor
A belated welcome to the group. I got my PJM, along with Barry, at the MHC in July 2006 and I am proud to say that I wore it at the Whitehall Cenotaph Parades in 2006 and 2007. And guess what - I shall do the same for 2008.
Regards
Gerry

Post Re: Ivor 
GerryL wrote:
Ivor
A belated welcome to the group. I got my PJM, along with Barry, at the MHC in July 2006 and I am proud to say that I wore it at the Whitehall Cenotaph Parades in 2006 and 2007. And guess what - I shall do the same for 2008.
Regards
Gerry

Thanks Gerry, Good on you my friend.
I will be doing the same this year as well.

Ivor

Post Ivor 
Wear your PJM with pride, you fought for it and earned it and the Agong of Malaysia and the Malaysian people want you to wear it. Only eight unelected Civil Servants in this country and a few followers in the present government who are incapable of thinking for themselves don't want you to wear it and they have not got it through their thick skulls yet that it is against our democracy and human rights for unelected members of a quango and individual ministers to make non-statutory rules restricting British citizens from wearing anything.

Welcome to our band of brothers. We have a just and legitimate cause

this is to all my comrades,quoting what Ivor says I EARNED IT I WILL WEAR,I think that our motto should read WE EARNED IT WE WILL WEAR IT,so let the faceless ones pick the bones out of that,best regards to all at the Fight for the Right Campaign and keep up the splendid work,

Just to ensure that you are kept 'in the picture'.....the official motto of the Fight4 Association is, as emblazoned on our lapel badge (see link)...'Pingat Kami - Hak Kami'....which, for those whose Bahasa Melayu is no longer 'up to snuff', translates as 'Our medal - Our right'.....A slight variance in semantics perhaps but a sentiment identical to your own suggested motto nonetheless.....

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/fight4thepjm_lapel_pin_FULLONSALE.htm
Regards

Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next