Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Service Charities
Post Paintings 
Perhaps I can be of help here. As you know, reading and writing are not necessarily a prerequisit for the job of Civil servant. It could under certain circumstances be a positive handicap. Therefore, the paintings will give them something to look at, while they contemplate their OBE's and superindexed linked pensions.

I mean, it will prove cost effective in the long run, as we would have to give them all a picture book to look at.... and that will prove very expensive.

Yours aye

Arthur

Post Expensive paintings. 
Yus...Bill an' Arfur RS.

As a professional artist...P.I.S.S....being my most treasured qualification, I have looked at said painting and must admit that there are certain admirable qualities to do with the handling of the medium and the feeling for tone and colour. On a purely personal level I have a problem with the title. 'Eyrie' means 'Eagle's Nest' which in turn reminds me of the ogre of my childhood....one Adolf Hitler....which brings me to wonder about the mind-set of the MOD of today. Iron Crosses all round? Now I must ask that if and when I end up in Louise Catterell's 'Keep' in the Tower of London I'll not be left without my mates bringing the odd sandwich and bottle to while away the time til execution.

MB

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Painting 
Well Mike, you seem to have grasped the nettle here, with regard to colour, texture and mood. I was wondering if you would be prepared to sell one of your works to the MoD, department of culture and mismanagement. Who in turn, would guarantee to take the P.I.S.S.

Perhaps Pete could also offer one of his pieces, for the edification of the Civil serpents. I am sure they will treat it with great respect and reverence, always assuming they can determine which way up it is. Maybe a discrete 'up' arrow, might be of some assistance to them. After all, there is nothing like clear guidelines for MoD to follow... is there?

Yours artistically challenged

Arthur

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2