Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Our First Easy-Peazy Comp! Have-a-Go!
Post Our First Easy-Peazy Comp! Have-a-Go! 
We thought we'd lighten things up for a moment with a very, very serious Competition Page to test just how much readers (and ourselves! - but we can't enter the Competition) know about the fight for the right to wear the PJM.

Join in and win a very special prize!

It’s all multiple guess stuff (hint: every answer is on the PJM web site). All you have to do is click on the answer you think is correct.

Each month we’ll select a winner from all the right answers. If that winner has at least one answer right, he or she will receive one of our prestigious PJM Lapel Pins. Get all the answers right, and in addition we’ll send a PJM Miniature Medal.

Taking a page out of HMG's and the HD Committee's book, our “long-established” rules (we’re making them up as we go along) prohibit double-entendres and anything more than five yawns long (let’s keep it lively!).

Also, unlike certain peerages (allegedly), there are no "prizes for cash" alternatives either – our prizes are priceless. They cannot be exchanged for cash (and, please, no double-meddling ... only one entry person!).

Go on ... Have-a-go!

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/competitions.htm

Last edited by BarryF on Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: Our First Easy-Peazy Comp! Have-a-Go! 
Just two days to go before we make the grand draw of lucky prizewinners!

We know this inaugural comp's a toughie (we don't think!) but you never know ...

So have-a-go! Click on the Competition menu option at the top of this page.

Post Re: Our First Easy-Peazy Comp! Have-a-Go! 
Our first competition was a roaring success. More entries than on an MoD PJM Medal Roll!

55 entries with at least one correct answer.

Our Chairman, Jock Fenton has made the draw from Canada and the winner is (obligatory 5 minute silence to generate tension and anticipation and we try and remember our presenter's lines while shuffling our scripts somewhat self-consciously) ...

Da Da DaDa! Da Da DaDa! Congratulations to:

Semengo13!

And he got all three answers right and so wins a Lapel Badge and a Miniature PJM and, if Semengo13 already has either, he can choose a copy of a very special book.

Go to http://www.fight4thepjm.org/competition1.php to read all about it. And while you're there, why not have a go at our two current comps?

Good Luck!

Post Chairman's notes....Competitions. 
My heartiest congratulations to 'Semengo13' on becoming the first recorded winner of a Fight4thePJM competition.

Let me assure all and sundry that the draw to select the ultimate winner from so many excellent submissions was not a task which, as your Chairman, I undertook lightly!

.....all of the traditional 'distanced' selection methods were employed....first among them being my geographic distance from HQ (~3648 Miles or ~5711 Km).

...thereafter I employed the 'names in the hat' technique and further reinforced this methodology, by not only selecting while blindfolded, I also took the additional stringent precaution of performing the final 'pick', while heavily under the influence of 'The Macallan' single Highland Malt Scotch Whisky.

...this final safeguard I undertook voluntarily and at my own expense I might add!

Once again my congratulations to our winner!...more fun contests coming up...

Have a go!

Post Competition 
As the first winner of the Fight4thePJM competition, may I take this opportunity to thank:-

(sob!)
The Director,
The film crew,
(another sob!)
The author,
My fan,
The judges (shame you had to buy your own drink Jock !!)
The dog,
The cat,
(even more sobs!)
The goldfish,
The hamster,
The MOD..............................argggggggggggggg!! Evil or Very Mad
(delete sobs!)

Seriously though, a public thanks to those who have given so much time to what has been achieved and what WILL be achieved in this fight, on a super web site. Not forgetting Fred and his good lady and the immense ammount of work with the applications. It is very much appreciated.

John Rushton (aka Semengo13)

ex 651 Signal troop,
Kuching.

Very Happy

Post Re: Competition 
Semengo13 wrote:
The goldfish,
The hamster,
The MOD..............................argggggggggggggg!! Evil or Very Mad (delete sobs!)

OK ... that does it. We'll just have to get a spellchecker. 'MOD' ... 'sobs' ?!? Who doesn't know his ADC then?

Post Roy Follows Signed Copies 
I am delighted to announce that Roy Follows has kindly agreed to sign his book "The Jungle Beat" - the one we present to our Competition winners! This will make this prize even more of a pleasure to receive.

Roy's book really is a stunning and evocative, and very true, account of those days in Malaya.

So our thanks to Roy.

But you can only win it by taking part in one of our competitions at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/competitions.htm.

Good luck!

Post Prize 
Received my prize The Jungle Beat on sat am and have read it over the weekend. I must thank the committee for picking my name out of the hat or however it is done. I think Roys book is fascinating, it took some guts to spend all that time on patrols in the jungle. I will treasure the signed copy many thanks to Roy.

....We are thoroughly delighted to hear that you are enjoying your prize Bill...Congrats!

....as for how the winner is selected I can only say that it is a dark secret known only to a select few....and it involves a totally random, and double blind, selection process....rest assured Bill you won it fair and square!.....Enjoy it...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1