Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chairman's message...
Post Chairman's message... 
Dear fellow PJM'ers and Association members all,

It is with considerable regret, and barely controlled anger, that I must report to you the decision of the HD Committee....not to put too fine a point on it lads, they have 'turned us down'.

This despite the masses of information we produced in repudiation of their original decision...their rejection does not begin to answer the valid questions we posed...it is completely unacceptable to us and we, therefore, categorically refuse to accept it. We suspect that the hundreds of MPs who support our cause will have something to say about this, too.

This fight continues!

We are down....but not defeated.

We are wounded...but not slain.

We'll lay us down... to rest awhile,

And soon arise....To fight again !!!

Your Fight4 Team leaders remain solidly united in this...'Look to your weapons' and prepare yourselves for a renewed offensive boys! Phase III of this just fight will take a very different form to Phase II - and the civil servants have brought this upon themselves.

John 'Jock' Fenton.
Chairman: Fight4thePJM Association.
'Pingat Kami - Hak Kami'

Jock, I am aghast! I cannot believe that this country of mine can act in such a shabby underhanded manner, it is time to take to the streets boys and for the Special Branch Officers reading this, up yours!

John

If I was able to renounce my UK citizenship and still retain my UK pension (such as it is, as it is the "frozen" or "stolen" variety) then I would gladly do so.

Having read their second disgraceful decision, I did note two things.

Not once did they refer to the Pingat Jasa Malaysia as "The Malaysian Service Medal" nor did they mention - at all - that the rules state, that to wear the PJM is showing "grave discourtesy to HM The Queen".

They did, however, state that the wear of the PJM would not be policed.

MONGRELS.

I joined this fight for the benifit of others, I have lost battles in my time but never a war.
So all you suits take note we will regroup. This fight continues.

Cannot beleive what I am reading, total disgust, has this got something to do (date wise) with Commonwealth day

Cameron Buchanan

I've been here before, we have right on our side, we will prevail. Let us pause for breath as their has got to be a way out of this impasse . I cannot believe that this has been rejected in this manner, we might have lost this particular battle but the war continues.

Pledge your stance fellow PJM supporters, I'm here for the duration, there are too many people that have supported us to let this matter go into the HDC gutter

JOHN COOPER ~~~~~~~~ Count me in.............. Evil or Very Mad

Dear Ms. Thandasseri, please pass onto Mr. Brennan my congratulations on his doing a fine job of causing the shift from loyalty to the Crown to Republicanism amongst a large group of veterans.

I and many others now feel so disgusted with the behaviour of this Government and the Monarchy, whose indifference has allowed them to get away with this, that all sense of pride in my country has evaporated. I have had it on good authority that this decision was never going to be reversed and that this has become a classic battle of wills between those who (pretend) to rule this country and its people. It is time that there was a complete change in the politics of power in this country and I believe that my military colleagues both past and present have at long last realized that.

The issue of the PJM whilst important to the veterans, is only one issue of many where the ruling class has betrayed its covenant with its service personnel. The battle will continue and we will not rest until justice prevails.

John Ireland

I am with you all the way John.I feel nothing but anger and disgust the way we have been treated.the FIGHT will continue and I will continue until we win.

Rgds Ray

I have sent this in reply

John,

Great stuff! Today is a very bad day for our country. The HD Committee have rejected our case.

Even now the civil servants have been allowed to determine events based on myth and legend - irrespective of the will of parliament and the people. The civil servants and The HD Committee sat on critical information. For example, the British promised, and the Queen approved the rule, that if a Foreign country offered a medal to a British private citizen and it was approved for acceptance by the Queen, then the recipient would have automatic formal permission to wear the medal (i.e. with the Queen's approval).

But their prime crime, in my view, is in belittling the honourable Malaysians and the honourable Malaysian medal. In their latest statement, whilst they come up with a number of excuses, the key issue for them is that in their view the PJM is not up to scratch. I quote " Medals that do not meet the standard criteria should not be allowed to be worn on the same basis as those that do." In other words, the Malaysian medal is not good enough to be worn by British citizens.

That statement is a direct snub to the King and People of Malaysia and to British veterans who loyally served Malaysia when helping to protect their newly independent nation, and are proud to have done so.

Furthermore, that statement belittles Australia and New Zealand - by extension, they are not of the same standing as the British having accepted a second class award for wear.

The FCO, MoD and HD Committee do not speak for me. Therefore I shall continue this fight - with greater determination than ever before.

Thank you for all your support.

Barry

PS In the papers promulgating this you will read the callous disregard these people have for those that have died waiting to hear whether their service was regarded by this country as being sufficiently worthwhile to warrant them being able to wear their medal. The dying were of no importance to these people - only the protection of their Imperial position mattered!

I am with you all the way John.I feel nothing but anger and disgust the way we have been treated.the FIGHT will continue and I will continue until we win.

Cheers, Ray.

Your support has helped us get this far - and we shall one day win.

Barry

Cannot beleive what I am reading, total disgust, has this got something to do (date wise) with Commonwealth day

Neither can I, Cameron.

I suspect that those north of the border will be reviewing the situation in the context of the forthecoming elections.

But the fight goes on ...

Thanks for your support,

Barry

Words fail me, words did not fail my wife but I cannot repeat what she called the serpents and the powers in their Ivory Towers..
When I get my medal I will wear it with pride and to hell with the lot of them..
I will not give up the fight .. one day we will WIN...

Post A disgusting betrayal 

Last edited by MB on Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reply to topic Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next