Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 13 of 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Don Touhig has tabled a PJM EDM!
Post Re: MP's Support 
Re: 'chivvying' your MP...let's hope many will follow....

Jock,

I emailed my Stourbridge MP Lynda Waltho (walthol@parliament.uk) on 12th December '06 but have not yet received a reply! I will follow up with a recorded delivery letter this week - just to make sure!

Stan...
Ashby Road Camp...Ipoh

Stan W wrote;
I will follow up with a recorded delivery letter this week - just to make sure!

That's the spirit Stan...keep after it!

Post Re: Latest EDM Count - as at 21/12/2006 
BarryF wrote:
It gets better and better ...

Update as at 19/12/2006:

MPs continue to sign up to support the PJM.

Don Touhig's EDM 356 now has 128 signatures.

Michael Mates' EDM now has 55 signatures.

We've just added up the total number of signatures supporting the PJM in 2005/6 ... 328 from 175 individual MPs! Staggering support!

Thank you, our elected representatives, for supporting the British veterans that the unelected civil servants continue to snub - and for supporting our just case that those same civil servants continue to disregard.

And we know of several more that have signed but the details have not yet been updated on the Commons web site.

Our campaign has exceeded all expectations - especially those expectations of those Government Departments where a handful of civil servants are even now trying to find a way to say they are the only ones in step.

Please Note: MPs start their Christmas recess at the end of today. We may get another EDM update tomorrow, but we may have to wait until Parliament returns on the 8th Janaury 2007.

Read all about it at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby_mp.htm

EDMs haven't been updated yet, but stalwart PJM supporters like Brian Wilson continue to attract vital signatures at this critical time for the campaign. Brian has asked me to post this message:

"Hi Barry,

Hope you don't mind me dumping this on you, was not sure where to put it on the forum, this letter arrived today from my local MP Lymington Hant's.

I quote:
Dear Mr. Wilson,

Thank you for your email of the 27th December regarding the medal awarded by the King and government of Malaysia for British citizens who served in the Malayan Emergency and the refusal of the British authorities to allow recipients to wear them officially. I share your point of view and I will add my name to the EDM.

Thank you for drawing this matter to my attention. The fact is that here are literally thousands of Early Day Motions extent during a Parliamentary session and it is very much up to colleagues, lobbyists or constituents such as yourself to draw the attention of Members of Parliament to them, otherwise we would spend a disproportionate amount of time simply reading EDM’s.

Yours sincerely

Desmond Swayne TD MP.

Well thats another one to add to the list.
Rgards Brian."

No problem Brian ... that's brilliant lobbying and support and you underline an important point - that MPs will not get to know about our two current EDMs unless we tell them!

Thanks, Barry

StanW wrote:

Jock,

I emailed my Stourbridge MP Lynda Waltho (walthol@parliament.uk) on 12th December '06 but have not yet received a reply! I will follow up with a recorded delivery letter this week - just to make sure!

Stan...
Ashby Road Camp...Ipoh

Hi Stan,

I see Lynda Waltho signed Jeffery Donaldson's PJM EDM last year so hopefully she'll sign Don Touhig's or Michael Mates' ... or both!

Thanks for your continuing support.

Barry

StanW wrote:

Jock,

Stan...
Ashby Road Camp...Ipoh

Stan the man!

Welcome to the forum and your first post, we need more posts now that the 'suits' and MPs are back reading this forum! Wink

I had a blitz over the hols on my own forum and received over 140 new members and I'm pleased to see some have found their way to the multinational force we are here. This forum is growing daily, how about each one of us telling a friend, relative or neighbour to join us in our fight for justice.

Is there anyone on this forum who lives in Gordon Browns constituency so that he/she might just ask for his support, anyone out there

Now that the holidays are over I have again e-mailed my MP Ronnie Campbell asking him to sign both EDM'S, if I get no response this time I will go to his house and sing outside his window, that should get his attention.

Now that the holidays are over I have again e-mailed my MP Ronnie Campbell asking him to sign both EDM'S, if I get no response this time I will go to his house and sing outside his window, that should get his attention.

Great stuff, Bill. As you know, Ronnie signed Mike Weir's EDM last year and, if you do write to him, you may wish to mention we have Mike's support this year (he has written to us) and Mike has signed both current EDMs. Also, tell him more and more MPs continue to sign (see latest news about to be posted on EDMs).

Post Re: Latest EDM Count - as at 09/01/2007 
It gets better and better ...

Update as at 07/01/2007:

Don Touhig's EDM 356 now has 137 signatures.

Michael Mates' EDM now has 61 signatures.

We've just added up the total number of signatures supporting the PJM in 2005/6 ... 342 from 186 individual MPs! Staggering support!

Are a handful of civil servants going to continue to maintain that 186 MPs are wrong and a couple of them are right?

Thank you, our elected representatives, for supporting the British veterans that the unelected civil servants continue to snub - and for supporting our just case that those same civil servants continue to disregard.

And we know of several more that have signed but the details have not yet been updated on the Commons web site.

Our campaign has exceeded all expectations - especially those expectations of those Government Departments where a handful of civil servants are even now trying to find a way to say they are the only ones in step.

Last edited by BarryF on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: Latest EDM Count - as at 09/01/2007 
BarryF wrote:
We've just added up the total number of signatures supporting the PJM in 2005/6 ... 342 from 186 individual MPs! Staggering support!

Are a handful of civil servants going to continue to maintain that 186 MPs are wrong and a couple of them are right?

It will be an astonishing act of jealous defiance if those unelected suits do not pay heed to our elected representatives! Keep up the good work, Richard.

Post Re: Latest EDM Count - as at 10/01/2007 
It gets better and better and better ...

Update as at 10/01/2007:

Don Touhig's EDM 356 now has 141 signatures.

Michael Mates' EDM now has 63 signatures.

We've just added up the total number of signatures supporting the PJM in 2005/6 ... 348 from 188 individual MPs! Staggering support! And growing support!

Post Re: Latest EDM Count - as at 11/01/2007 
It gets better and better and better ... every day more signatures!

Update as at 11/01/2007:

Don Touhig's EDM 356 now has 143 signatures.

Michael Mates' EDM now has 63 signatures.

We've just added up the total number of signatures supporting the PJM in 2005/6 ... 350 from 190 individual MPs! Staggering support! And growing support!

Read all about it at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/lobby_mp.htm[/quote]

Post Just Asking...... 
Sent to all MP's email addy's this day (Jan 11th)
==============================

To all MP's who have signed EDM's 356 & 375:

On behalf of 35000 Malaya/Borneo Veterans...thank you for your generous support...it is greatly appreciated by all concerned.

To all MP's who have NOT YET signed EDM's 356 & 375:

On behalf of 35000 Malaya/Borneo Veterans, may I respectfully urge you to reconsider and sign as soon as possible....do NOT accept as valid, the disgracefully biased and in some cases, grossly distorted, interpretation you may be receiving from Civil Servants connected with this issue...Please, instead, spend a just little time researching the issue at http://www.fight4thepjm.org/index.htm....I have much confidence you will see the situation with an improved perspective.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this submission.

Respectfully,

John 'Jock' Fenton
ex Royal Corps of Signals & 17th Gurkha Division

Post "" 
""

Last edited by StanW on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
REALLY ALARMED TO SEE PHOTO ATTACHED TO LETTER ,OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE CHIEF OF DERBYSHIRE WOODENTOPS,MIND YOU IF I LOOKED LIKE MISS PIGGY AS A GIRLIE ,I'D,I'D,WELL I'D CRY Crying or Very sad

Post Re: Latest MP not to sign EDM's - as at 12/01/2007 
StanW wrote:

Stan, this is very good news. It is as important that MPs write to Ministers as it is to sign an EDM - perhaps even more important. So our thanks to Lynda and our thanks to you for your ongoing support.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 13 of 16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next