Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
A person in receipt of a war pension is entitled to priority traetment by the NHS for any medical condition resulting from the injury for which he is in receipt of that pension providing that it is reasonable for that course of action. In other words, fred gets pensioned off after having his knee shatered and is given a war pension. It does not matter if he was on active service or not. He is then able to go to the front of the queue at his GP's and the hospital to have any treatment that he requires to do with that injury or resulting from it. This all depends on whether the NHS is in a position to give him this priority.

The RBL has wefare officers in every area of the country who will take up a case such as this and with the help of Pall Mall will provide all necessary assistance to any individual in this position.

Hope this helps

John

I don't know which John you are referring to.

JohnI has stated the priorities. In reality this is rhetoric, like so much in life and poltics today.

I am in receipt of a UK Government 'War' Pension, if anyone wishes to discuss this with me please PM me, because if I do not know the answer I might know someone who does

JohnC

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1