Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Introduction2
Hello everyone, this is my first post - and I fully support your campaign - in fact I was rationalising the way in which I will wear my PJM (when I eventually get it) on the basis of not being a "serving member" and therefore as a civilian I can wear it with pride and not offend anyone. However, it would be good to have this honour recognised by the Government of the day, so that on Armistice day and ANZAC day I can wear it with pride.

What really gets up my nose is the disdain in the correspondence that I have seen from the public servants who make these decisions, and the 'serf like' value that they hold the ex-service personnel.

Who are these "jumped up" mandarins? - do not the Government of the day and their administrative lackeys hold there positions by dint of the electorate and should they not accept that those that this decision affects, have a right to insist that this decision be changed. What causes this inflexibility? Keep up the good work. Peter.

Hello everyone, this is my first post - and I fully support your campaign - in fact I was rationalising the way in which I will wear my PJM (when I eventually get it) on the basis of not being a "serving member" and therefore as a civilian I can wear it with pride and not offend anyone. However, it would be good to have this honour recognised by the Government of the day, so that on Armistice day and ANZAC day I can wear it with pride.

What really gets up my nose is the disdain in the correspondence that I have seen from the public servants who make these decisions, and the 'serf like' value that they hold the ex-service personnel.

Who are these "jumped up" mandarins? - do not the Government of the day and their administrative lackeys hold there positions by dint of the electorate and should they not accept that those that this decision affects, have a right to insist that this decision be changed. What causes this inflexibility? Keep up the good work. Peter.

Well said Pedro.

And welcome to the F4 Forum

I echo JohnF's welcome Pedro/Pete, we are hoping that we will have changed the minds of the Whitehall suits by next weekend. If we haven't then more ammo (not the cheap stuff from Pakistan!) is needed if so we might be calling on your valid support Wink

JohnC

... it would be good to have this honour recognised by the Government of the day, so that on Armistice day and ANZAC day I can wear it with pride.

Peter,

Welcome to the Fight4thePJM Forum.

We hope to hear the result of our 'appeal' by the ned of November - but I'm not sitting on the edge of my seat!

Whatever hapens this month, one way we shall overturn this discredited recommendation.

Barry

Many thanks for your warm welcome - I have just re-read my post and it was sent with the emotion that I felt - unfortnuately it missed something in the translation - my use of prose could have been better - but I guess you got the drift!
Pete

Let me offer my somewhat belated welcome to the Forum too Peter.....I'm always behind, like the cows tail!...but I enjoyed your first posting and will keep an eye peeled for more to come.

You ask the question::: What causes this inflexibility?
.....Peter, I don't know the answer for sure...but my feeling is that it is a subtle combination of delusions of grandeur complicated by an innate tendency to wallow in stubborn arrogance.

Post New member...of the gentler sex. 
Welcome Pamela.

Please do not be backward in coming forward. We are not so grough as you might imagine. There are many on this website who remember the feminine touch as being most important...when we missed our mums.

MB.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2