Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Guess the Date of the Announcement?
Post Guess the Date of the Announcement? 
We have been promised an answer as to wearing the PJM by the end of the month.
So for a little light hearted entertainment lets all have ago at guessing the date of the announcement.
I’ll start the ball rolling with the

27th November.

Wednesday is always a good day for burying bad news so I will plump for the 29th. Nov.

John

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Re: Guess the Date of the Announcement? 
Paul Alders wrote:
We have been promised an answer as to wearing the PJM by the end of the month.
So for a little light hearted entertainment lets all have ago at guessing the date of the announcement.
I’ll start the ball rolling with the

27th November.

But which year ?

I guess 30th, but will not be announced brfore the Government shutdown for the Christmas break .........

Wink

Post Date of Announcement 
I'm really truly sorry to say that I think because this nonsense of promises has been dragged on and on to the point of total disgust, they will somehow concoct a reason to delay it.

Post Re: Date of Announcement 
Kentsboro wrote:
I'm really truly sorry to say that I think because this nonsense of promises has been dragged on and on to the point of total disgust, they will somehow concoct a reason to delay it.

KB Welcome to the forum and breaking your duck! Smile

Alas you could well be right on a delay, myself I think December 15th as that is the date I am going to be informed whether or not I can have access to a document on The FoIA and not later!

"PJM day" will be on a day when the newspapers have something else to write about. Here are two suggestions:-

1. The day that Tony Blair finally agrees to leave No.10
or
2. The day the English cricket team wins the Ashes (again) !

Post Name the date 
I should have thought that it was obvious, that the date will be the 1st of April, or the 31st of February. I think those are the dates pencilled in their diaries.

As you know, we have the Ceasarian Calander, the Gregorian Calander, then we have the Civil Service Calander. Which as you know has thirteen months, divided into either fifty nine or fifty seven weeks of an indeterminate number of days.

Some weeks, have nine days in them and some as little as two. It is on those two days, that Civil Servants actually turn up at the office. The work ethic is something else. That is only performed when there are ten days in the month.

That is why there are thirteen months, to ensure that no week has ten days in it.

I hope that clears up the misunderstanding to your satisfaction.

Yours Aye

Arthur

If they don't give a reply my the end of November, then surely the sh*t will hit the fan!! Twisted Evil

Post Re: Name the date 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
I reckon the announcement will be delayed as they are probably still working out how not to give a positive response while at the same time covering their backsides.

WRONG PAUL,FIRSTLY THE CALENDAR IS TO BE CHANGED,NOV,WILL BECOME APRIL,THE 27 WILL BECOME THE 1st,ALL THIS AFTER THE QUEEN HAS ABDICATED,THE HOUSE OF LORDS ,WILL BE RE-NAMED THE POLISH PLUMBING CORPORATION,WALES WILL HAVE POLISH POLICEMEN TO HELP THE LOCALS,AND A INTERPRETER TO ISSUE SPEEDIING TICKETS TO ANY VISITING ENGLISH.THE B.B.C. WILL KEEP ITS ACRONYM,BUT FROM NOW ON WILL BE 'BANGLADESHI BENEFIT CHECKOUT', KING CARBON THE 1st, AFTER DICUSSIONS WITH HIS SEASONAL VEGATABLES, WILL ANNOUNCE HIS INTENTION OF RENOUNING ALL TITLES,SHAVING HIS HEAD( WOTS LEFT) GROWING A BEARD,AND BECOMING A MULLAH. THEN THERE'S THE THORNY ISSUE OF M.P.s PAY RISES,REDISTIBUTIN OF WEALTH, UNHEATED PRISON CELLS FOR PENSIONER COUNCIL TAX REFUSNIKS,INCREASED AID ABROAD, YOU CAN SEE MATE,SUCH A COMPLICATED ISSUE AS THE P J M, TAKES UP SUCH VAST RESOURCES, WHY THEY CAN'T ANSWER SOME OF US.MY MONIES ON THE DAY AFTER AGONG'S CHANGE,THIS WILL INFLICT MAX INSULT TO PREVIOUS INCUMBENT FOR HAVING THE F'KIN NECK TO EVEN CONTEMPLATE SUCH A GENEROUS ,FREE ,MEDAL TO THOSE WHO HELPED ESTABLISH THE FREEDOMS THAT MALAYSIA HAS TODAY.WHY,EASY AARTONE WASN'T INVOLVED,THERE'S NOWT IN IT ,WE AIN'T STEEL INDUSTRY BARON'S,WE DON'T OWN FOOTBALL CLUBS,WE JUST PAY OUR TAXES,FIGHT AND LEAVE OUR DEAD BEHIND.JUST A FACT HERE,BEFORE THE SERVICES REPATRIATED ITS CASUALIES,I REMEMBER A LAD WHO WAS KILLED, I WAS FRIDGE WATCHKEEPER,AND HE WAS KEEPING ME COMPANY SO TO SPEAK,THE TELEGRAMS WENT OUT, 'YOUR SON'S DEAD, CAN YOU AFFORD TO FLY HIM HOME,THREE DAYS TO CONSIDER',REPLIED 'WE CAN'T AFFORD THE COST',RESULT MATEY LEFT THE COLD ROOM , THE SHIP STOPPED,OVER THE TANNOY CAME'NO GASH TO BE DITCHED TILL FURTHER NOTICE' HE WENT OVER THE STBD SIDE OF BULWARK'S QUARTER DECK ,IN HIS HAMMOCK.THE SHIP THEN PROCEDED WITH ALL DESPATCH, TO A LITTLE ISLAND IN THE SUN.
Hi Shipmate, can I have some of what you're on please? I'm as daft as a bucket of frogs myself, but I'd love to have your PRICELESS,calm,restrained, diplomatic, romantic and balanced outlook on life. More please!!!!!! Regards again, Dave.

WE JUST PAY OUR TAXES,FIGHT AND LEAVE OUR DEAD BEHIND.JUST A FACT HERE,BEFORE THE SERVICES REPATRIATED ITS CASUALIES,I REMEMBER A LAD WHO WAS KILLED, I WAS FRIDGE WATCHKEEPER,AND HE WAS KEEPING ME COMPANY SO TO SPEAK,THE TELEGRAMS WENT OUT, 'YOUR SON'S DEAD, CAN YOU AFFORD TO FLY HIM HOME,THREE DAYS TO CONSIDER',REPLIED 'WE CAN'T AFFORD THE COST',RESULT MATEY LEFT THE COLD ROOM , THE SHIP STOPPED,OVER THE TANNOY CAME'NO GASH TO BE DITCHED TILL FURTHER NOTICE' HE WENT OVER THE STBD SIDE OF BULWARK'S QUARTER DECK ,IN HIS HAMMOCK.THE SHIP THEN PROCEDED WITH ALL DESPATCH, TO A LITTLE ISLAND IN THE SUN.

Pete,

Send that to the suits and the HD Committee.

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next