Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Post .. 

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Re: THOUGHTS PLEASE. 
ro5=6372 wrote:
I MEAN IF YOU CAN'T WEAR ONE WHY BOTHER WITH T'OTHER,AND MAYBE A SACK OF EM ,MIGHT DO SOMETHING,EVEN IF ITS LESS TO POLISH.I THINK EX SERVICE PEOPLE, RETURNING,THEIR MEDALS ,AWARDED ON BEHALF OF THE SOVEREIGN, FOR SERVICES RENDERED, IS JUST ABOUT THE BIGGEST STATEMENT, YOU CAN MAKE, I HAVE WORN MINE AT A REMEMBRANCE SERVICE, EVERY YEAR SINCE ABOUT 1994, BUT WOULD BE PREPARED TO SLING IT,NO I DON'T WANT A NEW ONE WITH EMPORER,F'KIN AARTONE ON ONE SIDE, AND C.F.H. ON T'OTHER SIDE.

Pete,

If I get any notice that we shall never receive formal permission to wear the PJM then I am with you. The moment they make permament value judgements about the PJM v. the GSM on the basis of permament value judgements as between Malaysia (who had the most to lose if we did not succeed) v. the UK (who have nothing to lose by recognising Malaysia's gracious intent), then they can have my medals, too.

But we're going to win this one. I can't be too precise as to the date but one day win we shall. My PJM is not pinned on a hope, but on an expectation.

Anyway, we need a bugler with a chestful of gongs to play "Last Post" over on the Western Front!

Barry

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1