Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Brandon Free Press, finds Secret email to Chris Edge
Post Brandon Free Press, finds Secret email to Chris Edge 
We have intercepted an email from you know who, to Mr Chris Edge, of the Honours and Decorations Committee. We further know that the email is genuine, because we paid fifty pence for a copy of it, from himself.

This is published as a matter of public interest and as money is no object to this esteemed organ in the pursuit of truth. OK! yer tiz, as the Janners say.

Dear Sirs,

Perhaps you can clarify several matters, which for the life of me, are causing a certain amount of consternation.

Firstly, His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales, on his fourth birthday, was presented with the Queen's Coronation Medal. This was cited as a medal to worn as a souvenir. He still wears that particular medal, when wearing his uniform, whilst engaged on public duties.

When the MoD, FOC and the Cabinet, tried to defend their use of the term souvenir, in juxtaposition with the PJM, your statement said, 'that it is long-established practice to refer to unwearable medals as souvenirs'

Secondly, he also wears the Queen's Silver Jubilee Medal and the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal. All are commemoratives, and are in fact, triple medalling. Which kicks your double medal arguement into touch.

My question is, which one is right?

Let us have another look at the, 'more than five years before consideration', and 'not accepting foreign decorations' awards fiasco.

I will remind you once again, that seven British Veterans were presented with the Legion d'Honneur by the French Ambassador, Mssr Gerard Errera, in Admiralty house, in 2004.

I will make it easy for you, so you wont have to count on your fingers. 1944 to 2004 is, surprise surprise, sixty years. What happened to the five year rule then? Oh! And by the way, just in case you hadn't noticed, the Legion d'Honneur is a foreign decoration. Whoops! You've screwed the pooch again.

Thirdly, His Royal Highness also wears a Canadian forces medal. Just hold your horses gentlemen! When did he serve in the Canadian Military. After all, isn't it a precept that you are not allowed to wear a medal that cannot be verified, or it will be an insult to the Queen?

I suggest that you send one of your 'suits' round to his gaff, and tell him to remove said medal. Or is the truth of the matter, you might incur the wrath of 'she who must be obeyed'.

As you know, I am the quiet, shy, retiring type, who doesn't like raising his head above the parapet, but if you think for one moment, that you have served Her Majesty, this country, or the interests of the Veterans, with loyalty, honesty and integrity, then I will personally lead the charge of th PJM Brigade, down to Whitehall and disconnect your y- fronts.

Yours very disgruntled

Arthur Rambart-Spicer

Post Re: Brandon Free Press, finds Secret email to Chris Edge 
Arthur R-S wrote:
We have intercepted an email from you know who, to Mr Chris Edge, of the Honours and Decorations Committee.

Wonderful stuff, Arthur. Your turn of phrase serves to highlight the critical points that you make. Exactly what we need at this stage of the fight.

Thanks for your contiuing support.

Barry

PS Being a bit of a trick-cyclist, you will understand the implications of this apposite observation - that, following receipt of emails such as yours, just because the suits are feeling paranoid doesn't mean that somebody's not out to get them! (Or have I just b*llsed that up ...! ).

I laughed my cotton pickin' socks off at that one!

Great letter Arthur. Perhaps you could send a letter to Charlie Boy asking for his support.

Arthur, you are never alone with schizophrenia!!! Gosh I hope that I spelt that right!

John

Arthur, laughed my kilt off all day. Brilliant. Problem is its true!!!!

I have just had a e-mail returned, undelivered, that i sent to Mr Edge. It says can't be delivered because of some claptrap that i'm not on the authorised list. Any advice? Shall i send it to Admin to try and deliver it? I've used the address from this sites list.
Thanks, Dave

Cracking ,Arthur,
I have just had a e-mail returned, undelivered, that i sent to Mr Edge. It says can't be delivered because of some claptrap that i'm not on the authorised list. Any advice? Shall i send it to Admin to try and deliver it? I've used the address from this sites list.
Thanks, Dave

Dave,

Send me a copy with the email address that you used.

Thanks,

Barry

arthur., I laughed so much I nearly bought a round......Rob Shocked

Post Quick promotion 
Today's Sunday Mirror, publishs the latest guide to promotion in the British Forces

Some servicemen lay down their lives for Queen & Country.
Other's lay down their Wives.

Arthur, you are never alone with schizophrenia!!! Gosh I hope that I spelt that right!

John
Absolutely spot on, yoo obviously have a beter spelchequer than eye doo! Anyway, if AARTONE develops it, at least he'll always have ONE friend,or am being silly? Regards, Dave.

Last edited by ro5=6372 on Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post EMPOROR AARTONE'S NEW MEDAL 
Oh Pete,

You old sentimental, you.

Fancy having EMPOROR AARTONE and GIMMEE GIMMEE's, welfare at heart.

When he moves, sideways, to his new gaff in the West Indies, I suggest we plan an operation to sink the rubber ducks in his bath, while he is still in it.

I would suggest five kilos of nitro glycerine should do the trick.

He would then be surprised, to be suddenly, relocated to somewhere in the Antarctic, which as you know, would be a welcome move by GIMMEE GIMME.

Yours happily retired

ARTHUR

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next