Image of the PJM Medal
Banner Text = Fight For the Right to Wear the Pingat Jasa Malaysia Medal
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
When will they stop playing with words ... and us!
Post When will they stop playing with words ... and us! 
A Fight4thePJM supporter recently received an email from Chris Edge. Mr Edge is well know to us. He is the Honours Secretary at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. He is absolutely central to the whole PJM affair. He has been working for months on trashing our Rebuttal and First Update to that Rebuttal.

Chris Edge wrote his email ten months into this discussion and, as you will see, he is still pushing out the same obfuscation.

If his email is anything to go by, don't sit on the 'edge' of your seats waiting for the go-ahead to wear your medal.

Attached to my letter to the Gang of Three (Plus one - Chris Edge) is the unedited text from Mr Edge's email and the responses I have made.

It all beggars belief, it really does.

Barry

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_anao.pdf

That is a brilliant letter as usual Smile

I have all the time in the world to wait and see this through to the end (I might have to! Shocked ), it does not matter what news item I read, watch or hear regarding Her Majesty's Government it is all GLOOM and DESPONDENCY, there is virtually nothing I can report on that is good (Oh, Sorry I did get my 200 quid fuel allowance a week ago).

Whatever this has cost has been borne by the Exchequer, which is ultimately our money, these people haven't got a 'proper job' they couldn't even wrap a bunch of flowers in Tesco's, they are an inept bunch of %$£&*&s. If I went back 48 years ago I would not want one of 'em working on the kite I was about to fly to Singapore in unless I had a parachute strapped to my back and another that I sat on just in case the same people packed the main chute too.

I never want to be in the same company as these people and I understand when at official MHS functions in the past they have posed as a vase of flowers or hidden in the shadows, ggggrrrr they make me $%^*£~@ mad! Evil or Very Mad

Post Re: When will they stop playing with words ... and us! 
BarryF wrote:
Chris Edge wrote his email ten months into this discussion and, as you will see, he is still pushing out the same obfuscation.

That is some letter! If that is as far as Adgey has come, then he's about to 'enjoy' a very steep learning curve when MPs hear what's been going on when the System is eventually reviewed. Why didn't he just explain what had happened instead of hiding a simple (we hope) situation behind a lot of words that only he and his mates will ever understand.

I wouldn't mind seeing those letters that Barry wrote to Chris Edge and enclosed with that AF252.

Kev.

George F wrote:
The status ot the PJM is of no importance to Mr Edge and other suits. Like you say they lack the understanding of a veterans viewpoint upon medals.

George,

That is central to the problem. They view the PJM only from their own prejudiced position. They simply do not care about how veterans view the honour that has been bestowed upon them. A once in a lifetime moment for so many people.

I believe they have impinged on the honour of the medal - and on the honour of British veterans.

Barry

scouserkev wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing those letters that Barry wrote to Chris Edge and enclosed with that AF252.

Here they are - we run an open shop at Fight4thePJM and so we are happy for all to peruse.

These letters are designed to elicit which Foreign Decorations Rules were in operation at relevant times (this is of critical importance because we think they have misled Parliament ... whether accidentally or with intent is another matter - perish the thought that it could be the latter. I, for one, am not suggesting that, honest!). Of course, if Chris Edge had been more co-operative with Mr. P, he would have saved us and himself a lot of time.

If these letters seem repetitive and only marginally different in content, we have to remember that these suits will not offer anything. Nothing. If we get a question marginally wrong, they will reply marginally misleadingly. And so we have to tie them down:

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_Q1.pdf

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_Q2.pdf

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_Q3.pdf

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_Q4.pdf

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_Q5.pdf

Last edited by BarryF on Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

BarryF wrote:
Attached to my letter to the Gang of Three (Plus one - Chris Edge) is the unedited text from Mr Edge's email and the responses I have made.

It all beggars belief, it really does.

Barry

http://www.fight4thepjm.org/Correspondence/Gang_of_Three_FoIA_071206_anao.pdf

Hey! I've recieved a reply from Denis Brennan ... the first in months! I feel very, very humble that he should take the time and trouble to read my letter (above) and write to me as he dis (below). Makes it all so worthwhile!

Having said in my letter that one of the points I wanted to record was the total absence of any help or info from his office and this has caused frustration and unnecessary costs for veterans, this is how he replies. Is he taking the p*ss or what!

That leaked memo last week that the Govt are in a shambles so are these people, they have totally lost the plot, they have boxed themselves into a corner, they are totally pathetic and uncommunicative Evil or Very Mad

BarryF wrote:
Is he taking the p*ss or what!

Barry, it has to be "or what". He wouldn't recognise it if he saw it or if he stepped in it

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1